2021 Consensus Rankings (Top 75)

tnvolfan65

Not sure how this is going to look from a formatting perspective, but here it is. These are consensus rankings from ESPN, Prospects Nation, Blue Star Basketball, and ASGR as of 5/21/20.

*Note-I wanted to emphasize the idea of a consensus rankings, so if a player was only ranked by one site I removed them from the list. More data will be available as the ranking services update/expand their rankings and as more players commit. I'll update as that data becomes available.

Enjoy! Let me know if I missed any commitments. Also, I'm trying to note the finalists in my personal spreadsheet. If someone released a top schools list or their finalists are known even though they already committed, please feel free to let me know.

Not sure how this is going to look from a formatting perspective, but here it is. These are consensus rankings from ESPN, Prospects Nation, Blue Star Basketball, and ASGR as of 5/21/20.

*Note-I wanted to emphasize the idea of a consensus rankings, so if a player was only ranked by one site I removed them from the list. More data will be available as the ranking services update/expand their rankings and as more players commit. I'll update as that data becomes available.

Enjoy! Let me know if I missed any commitments. Also, I'm trying to note the finalists in my personal spreadsheet. If someone released a top schools list or their finalists are known even though they already committed, please feel free to let me know.

Wish I could like this more than once! Thank you for doing this .

Dope spread sheet! Is it possible to do one with just the players we are interested in? Would like to see how only the players we are interested in would look

If Fudd picks a university other than UCONN, her final ranking will probably drop. I believe that has happened a few times. The power of the CONN.

Reactions: mlindsay
If Fudd picks a university other than UCONN, her final ranking will probably drop. I believe that has happened a few times. The power of the CONN.
Doubtful. She is just that good. HS POY as a sophomore.

The power Of UConn shows AFTER a player is signed by UConn and The player ranking rises. That has happened in the past.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Doubtful. She is just that good. HS POY as a sophomore.

The power Of UConn shows AFTER a player is signed by UConn and The player ranking rises. That has happened in the past.
I hope she pulls a Delle Donne and goes elsewhere

Only 99% because of the stray UConn poster here and there.

If they have Fudd along with Bueckers, it could be a long 4 years for the rest of the field...
Thankfully only three years together.

Yes, my 99% was based on the couple of UConn fans that post here. This RU fan doesn’t want her at UConn either. But I’d give those chances at 99% for going to UConn.

Thankfully only three years together.

Yes, my 99% was based on the couple of UConn fans that post here. This RU fan doesn’t want her at UConn either. But I’d give those chances at 99% for going to UConn.
I don't see her in any of the 2021 rankings,,,
If you do, let me know, I may have missed it
I also looked after info was posted about her here And didn’t see anything.

Don't mean to be a downer but Kellie really needs to land a couple of top kids if Tennessee is going to have a shot to be a Sweet 16 type of team or better. There have been a ton of defects in the last few years of highly touted kids:
Hayes-#7 HG
Green-#10 HG
Collins-#49 HG (ranked #9 by ProspectNation)
Westbrook-#2 HG
Massengill-#25 HG

After this year, the only former top 25 recruit left on the roster is Horston, who was the #2 recruit. Players like Burrell and Key can become good players but both are still big works in progress. Same with Horston for that matter. 2020 wasn't a great recruiting haul so I think 2021 is essential if Tennessee wants to have a shot to be a strong program again.

Bartlett is ranked 34 by Bluestar, but thats the only service so removed her from the consensus rankings. (They also still have her committed to Tenn, so seems a bit behind.) She’s been on the scene for a while though so I don’t think the lack of rankings are from a lack of exposure. Granted she did have a knee injury.

Prepgirlshoops doesn’t do a national ranking but they do rankings by state and they have her #36 in Texas for 2021 class.

I haven’t heard of any interaction between her and Tenn in years. Was surprised to see us back on her top schools list. I thought she was headed to Houston but she has some other good schools on that list. We shall see...

Don't mean to be a downer but Kellie really needs to land a couple of top kids if Tennessee is going to have a shot to be a Sweet 16 type of team or better. There have been a ton of defects in the last few years of highly touted kids:
Hayes-#7 HG
Green-#10 HG
Collins-#49 HG (ranked #9 by ProspectNation)
Westbrook-#2 HG
Massengill-#25 HG

After this year, the only former top 25 recruit left on the roster is Horston, who was the #2 recruit. Players like Burrell and Key can become good players but both are still big works in progress. Same with Horston for that matter. 2020 wasn't a great recruiting haul so I think 2021 is essential if Tennessee wants to have a shot to be a strong program again.

Don't disagree that we need talent, but Kellie got Missouri State to the Sweet 16 with considerably less. Give it some time.

Hayes, Collins, and Westbrook really have nothing to do with Kellie. And the fact is Kellie didn't recruit any of those five.

Also agree that this class is crucial, but I think we are well positioned to finish strong. I think we'll end up with a top-5/top-10 class, and considering we haven't been a top-10 program in a long time--that says something.

Bartlett also ranked 21 in Texas according to ASGR, so has been evaluated there. Outside top-75 nationally.

Don't disagree that we need talent, but Kellie got Missouri State to the Sweet 16 with considerably less. Give it some time.

Hayes, Collins, and Westbrook really have nothing to do with Kellie. And the fact is Kellie didn't recruit any of those five.

Also agree that this class is crucial, but I think we are well positioned to finish strong. I think we'll end up with a top-5/top-10 class, and considering we haven't been a top-10 program in a long time--that says something.
Would you be fine with Kellie just landing Missouri State level players because she made it to the Sweet 16 at Missouri St.?

Reactions: Amb3096
Would you be fine with Kellie just landing Missouri State level players because she made it to the Sweet 16 at Missouri St.?

I interpreted the comment to mean that Kellie was able to reach the Sweet Sixteen with far less ranked players than she has now. As to the recruiting, she has already recruited several players ranked much higher than the caliber of players who went to MoSt. Therefore, your question is moot...not only because tnvolfan never implied that but because it doesn't even apply to the current reality of the recruiting process.

In other words, if Kellie and staff could go that deep into the tournament with those players, think what they can do with more highly-touted and skilled players.

I interpreted the comment to mean that Kellie was able to reach the Sweet Sixteen with far less ranked players than she has now. As to the recruiting, she has already recruited several players ranked much higher than the caliber of players who went to MoSt. Therefore, your question is moot...not only because tnvolfan never implied that but because it doesn't even apply to the current reality of the recruiting process.

In other words, if Kellie and staff could go that deep into the tournament with those players, think what they can do with more highly-touted and skilled players.
How many years should it take Kellie to make it to the Elite 8 or higher since she has higher ranked players now that she had when was at Missouri St. and she made it to the Sweet 16?

It’s pretty insulting to the players she had at Missouri State that beat DePaul and Iowa State.

Those players were and are talented even if not highly ranked. It’s not like it was a Hoosiers situation.

With many of the same players, they were even better last season, going 26-4 before the season abruptly ended.

At the risk of being asked to leave for truth telling, even if not popular opinion, Coach Harper had 5 years at Western Carolina, 4 years at NC State and 5 years at Missouri State before that Cinderella run to the Sweet Sixteen.

I really hope she can be successful at Tennessee with higher ranked players. I’m a big fan of hers.

VN Store

Back