2020 Target List

I’m not suggesting that we upgraded. I’m just saying that with regards to recruiting and the type of player that English seems to be getting us in the door with, it would seem we certainly didn’t downgrade. Now English may not be half the coach, scout, developer that Lanier was, but he is certainly keeping up fishing in deep waters for elite players like Lanier was. That’s all I’m saying.

That's fair

Reactions: 46lead
Class of 2020 four-star forward Keon Ambrose-Hylton has already been on a handful of college campuses but is in no rush to make a decision. A native of Canada who played his sophomore season in Tennessee, Ambrose-Hylton feels he made big leaps during his junior season at Willoughby (Ohio) Andrews Osborne Academy. "My high school season went great," Ambrose-Hylton told Rivals.com. "Last season I was in Tennessee and I was playing more of a four/five and this year in Ohio I was playing more as a three and some at the two. "I got a lot more comfortable with the ball. Bringing it up the court and making plays, shooting the three ball, breaking down my man. So I got a lot more confident and became a lot more of a leader." Offers have already come in from UConn, Dayton, Xavier, Vanderbilt, Illinois, Florida, Tulsa and others while Ohio State and Tennessee are among those showering the No. 115 ranked player in the class of 2020 with attention. Ambrose-Hylton has already been on the campuses of Dayton, Ohio State, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Xavier.
"That was a really exhilarating trip and they played Kentucky. it's a rivalry game so you know it was very loud and the crowd was going crazy. Watching the game was a lot of fun. Seeing Rick Barnes go hard at his players and really coach them really got me to love Tennessee." A versatile combo forward, Ambrose-Hylton is the type of frontcourt player that schools covet because he can be moved up and down a lineup. He's using this spring and summer on the grassroots circuit with UPlay Canada to really expand his game. "I'm working more on my handles to become more of a wing," said Ambrose-Hylton. "Right now I think I'm still more of a four and kind of a three. I want to make sure I'm a full time three by next school season. I want to be able to break down my man." Thus far in his recruitment, it's quite fair to say that Ambrose-Hylton is wide open and that he's not in any hurry to make a decision. "I probably won't cut things down until midway through the high school season," said Ambrose-Hylton. "I'm trying to keep myself open and focus more on winning games and getting myself better before I worry about picking a college.
-Rivals

Reactions: highspeed
Yea. Rivals has moved up into Top 60 and saying likely 5 star in next update, from Rick’s hometown of Hickroy, NC.
If Bone is gone, I wonder if the staff would try and talk Hall in to reclassifying if it is possible. I saw were he was initially in the 2019 class. (I’m guessing this would depend on Hall’s position on the board and how the staff feels about Springer)

Last edited:
have been putting this together over the past couple months and didn’t plan to post until next spring but given the rule changes allowing juniors to now OV and the fact Tennessee seems done for the 2019 (at least for now) figured I would go ahead with it.

These are the guys currently with offers, as things stand right now tennessee will have room to sign at least 4 (Bone, Turner, Bowden, Williams). All rankings are per Rivals, if no Rivals ranking then will use 247 national ranking indicated by *:

#6 Greg Brown
#8 N’Faly Dante
#11 Jaden Springer
#14 Jalen Suggs
#15 Sharife Cooper
#18 Walker Kessler
#21 Corey Walker Jr.- committed
#33 Keon Johnson
#38 Caleb Love
#40 Dain Dainja
#48 Jayden Stone
#58 Bryce Thompson
#59 Josh Hall
#60* Samson Ruzhentsev
#63 Micah Peavy
#67 PJ Hall
#84 Justin Lewis
#91 Justice Ajogbor
#110 Matthew Murrell
#115 Keon Ambrose
#137* Elijah Taylor
#144* Justin Powell
#147* Dylan Cardwell

NR Jordan Wilmore
NR Akeem Odusipe
NR Norrance Berry

247 updates rankings...

#9 Greg Brown
#11 Jalen Suggs
#12 Walker Kessler
#13 N’Faly Dante
#14 Jaden Springer
#19 Bryce Thompson
#21 Shariffe Cooper
#26 Caleb Love
#27 Keon Johnson
#40 Dain Dainja
#47 Corey Walker Jr.
#51 Samson Ruzhentsev
#52 Josh Hall
#57 Matthew Murrell
#59 Justice Ajogbor
#64 Jayden Stone
#70 Micah Peavy
#71 PJ Hall
#86 Justin Lewis
#87 Keon Ambrose-Hylton
#156 Elijah Taylor
#171 Justin Powell
#175 Dylan Cardwell

Thompson and Hall made HUGE jumps, as expected. Also nice to see Springer and Keon make slight moves up, same for Samson. Was disappointed to see Corey Walker drop as much as he did, though.

They’ll be some recruiting buzz next week thanks to the NCAA’s revised recruiting calendar for coaches. Next week will be a live evaluation period, something that never happens in June. The main draw next week will be the NBA Player’s Association camp on the campus of the University of Virginia. Due to the fact that it’s not affiliated with any shoe company, and the camp is staffed by former NBA players, it’s always the most loaded event of the offseason. Keon Johnson stamped himself as a legit national prospect with his performance there last summer and he’ll make a return trip next week along with many other Tennessee targets. Look for the staff to blanket cover the event.
-VQ

Justin Powell just committed to Auburn, not a guy Tennessee has been in contact with for awhile, but thought I’d mention since he was on initial list.

Justin Powell just committed to Auburn, not a guy Tennessee has been in contact with for awhile, but thought I’d mention since he was on initial list.
Whoa whoa whoa...you mean to tell me that his majesty, Bruce Pearl, lord of recruiting, took a commitment from the #228th ranked kid, a 3* 6-5 white kid from Podunk, KY, in early June?!?!? The guy who just coached his team in the Final Four couldn’t muster up any better player than that for his first commit in the 2020 class? 🧐

Whoa whoa whoa...you mean to tell me that his majesty, Bruce Pearl, lord of recruiting, took a commitment from the #228th ranked kid, a 3* 6-5 white kid from Podunk, KY, in early June?!?!? The guy who just coached his team in the Final Four couldn’t muster up any better player than that for his first commit in the 2020 class? 🧐
I’m not saying, I’m just saying...

Probably tired of dealing with prima donnas and wants to try the Barnes approach.

Compare Powell's offer list to Pember and Gains. Huge difference.

VN Store

Back