2020 Target List

Kim English at Colorado was one of the first to offer Thompson and he actually took an OV to Colorado as a junior, Tennessee had been mentioned in recent articles as a team to kind of watch because of English and Thompson’s relationship. Not to say they’ve got an inside edge or anything but just that they could definitely be a team that’s heavy involved, Thompson has blown up in the last month and looks likely to end up a 5 *

I'm thinking if Dante does reclassify, it's between us and Kentucky. Path to playing time is a lot easier here given our roster right now. Has to be something to consider.

What am I missing? Is he listed as a five star somewhere?

He is a 4 star on the three major sites. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember reading he is a 4 star that could become a 5 star before it’s all said and done.

But I tend to read a lot so maybe it wasn’t him.

also I didn’t get the “English” part? Anyone?

He is a 4 star on the three major sites. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember reading he is a 4 star that could become a 5 star before it’s all said and done.

But I tend to read a lot so maybe it wasn’t him.

also I didn’t get the “English” part? Anyone?
Kim English

By my count Tennessee has handed out 3 new offers in 2020 class since first live evaluation period...

N'Faly Dante, 2020 Center - Rivals.com

Caleb Love, 2020 Point guard - Rivals.com

Bryce Thompson, 2020 Shooting guard - Rivals.com

All 3 are likely 5 stars in Rivals next update

Seems like the staff is certainly setting their sights higher than previous cycles. Hard to land 5 stars when you don't offer them. I think in one of the recent cycles Tennessee had 3 offers total out to composite five stars.

Seems like the staff is certainly setting their sights higher than previous cycles. Hard to land 5 stars when you don't offer them. I think in one of the recent cycles Tennessee had 3 offers total out to composite five stars.

I think it’s the path they’ve spoken about since early on...gonna establish relationship with kids 4-5 years out, going to win to build the identity of the program, and then are going to start pursuing those higher rated kids. Last step now is to start landing more of them, but I’m not sure you’ll ever see a roster full of 4&5 stars, I think you’ll still always see this staff identify under the radar program type kids that will work their butts off and stay for 4-5 years.

I’m not suggesting that we upgraded. I’m just saying that with regards to recruiting and the type of player that English seems to be getting us in the door with, it would seem we certainly didn’t downgrade. Now English may not be half the coach, scout, developer that Lanier was, but he is certainly keeping up fishing in deep waters for elite players like Lanier was. That’s all I’m saying.

VN Store

Back