2020 Target List

Disagree. Your family might think that but many close to him dont

Vandy or Tenn at this point win Tenn leading by a lot if we don't go another direction
Whatever you say, I've talked to him personally a few times about it and Au and Va are the 2 teams he seems most interested to me, never even heard him ever mention Vandy. I hope we get him but looks like we are already moving away from him and going after others. He was offered early last season and CRB will not hold a scholarship waiting for him to make his mind up.

Another misleading article then. He's got the perfect mentality to play for Coach Barnes, the reason he may not end up in Knoxville is because he has family ties to Auburn and Va was always a early leader. My nephew and niece play at Webb and are good friends with him. He's very close to the vest about where he wants to go but most of his HS friends think it will be Auburn or Va.
He eliminated Auburn months ago, you may want new sources.

Reactions: BristolVol
Disagree. Your family might think that but many close to him dont

Vandy or Tenn at this point win Tenn leading by a lot if we don't go another direction
Agree...it was Vandy/Tennessee out in front but the direction of this season for both teams has pushed Vols well in front.

Whatever you say, I've talked to him personally a few times about it and Au and Va are the 2 teams he seems most interested to me, never even heard him ever mention Vandy. I hope we get him but looks like we are already moving away from him and going after others. He was offered early last season and CRB will not hold a scholarship waiting for him to make his mind up.
Again, hard to take what you say seriously when he eliminated Auburn months ago.

I hope we get him but looks like we are already moving away from him and going after others. He was offered early last season and CRB will not hold a scholarship waiting for him to make his mind up.

Barnes and staff have made hima huge priority. They aren't going to move on this quickly unless the antics on the court scare them off

And I don’t think it will, staff has been recruiting him for years and love the kid, they’re very comfortable with who he is.

If you knew the kid you'd think differently as he's got the perfect mentality to play for CRB. Great kid, hard working, intelligent, great family and extremely talented without any quit. He's always been an Auburn lean because of family and Va has shown him more love than anyone else, I think he ends up at one of those 2 schools.
Should have figured as much since CRB wants him - looks like another poorly written article?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
So you think the kid publicly eliminated them, hasn’t visited them since, and it’s all a disguise to ultimately choose them? Ok.
When did he publicly eliminate them? I just spoke with him 2 weeks ago. He doesn't like their numbers right now but that can change quickly. His mom being a 2 time All-Sec player there will keep them in it till the end I believe as Pearl will throw everything at him if they decide they need him. He's never once mentioned Tn or Vandy as his favorite, he's never mentioned anyone as his favorite to this point.

I don’t see how vandy can be a serious contender for any top 100 guys. Brice has recruited a bunch of highly ranked ranked guys and they’re an 0’fer in league play. While his guys are still trying, obviously Drew lacks in player development.

Barnes and staff have made hima huge priority. They aren't going to move on this quickly unless the antics on the court scare them off
He doesn't have any on the court antics that scare the staff. We are only taking 1 more guy like him in that class and I'm telling you now that it will be a 1st to accept the offer whether it be Johnson or the other 2 highly rated players similar to him that we have offered. If he's gonna sign with Tn it'll be sooner rather than later I feel. The longer it goes the less likely it is that we get him. My nephew who is friends with him and on the team with him has always predicted Va so I have always pushed Barnes and the Vols to him every time we speak.

My son goes to Webb and knows Keon, and he (my son) says the Vols or vandy too. Word is the Johnson family does not like CBP because he is sleazy.
He and the family like Coach Barnes a bunch that's for sure. As for Pearl, you just can't count him out on a recruit that he really wants as he'll do ANYTHING to get them. I think the numbers at Auburn may scare him away more than Pearl. I don't get the Vandy talk at all as I've never heard him even mention them when talking to him. I've never got the feeling from him that he's favoring Tn nor have I ever even seen him wear Tn gear. I hope we get him but I don't see it. We'll see soon enough I guess.

All these Webb folks on the board. Noli Res Subdole Facre. I don't know where Keon is leaning but I agree the attitude concerns may be a little overblown. He is super competitive on the court and has gotten some T's. He needs to mature a little. But he seems well liked by his teammates as far as I can see. He is clearly the best player they have but he reacts positively to al his teammates. Have attended a few Webb games these last couple of years.

Any word on Quez Glover at Bearden? What are the chances he goes the Bowden route and ends up at UT??

He and the family like Coach Barnes a bunch that's for sure. As for Pearl, you just can't count him out on a recruit that he really wants as he'll do ANYTHING to get them. I think the numbers at Auburn may scare him away more than Pearl. I don't get the Vandy talk at all as I've never heard him even mention them when talking to him. I've never got the feeling from him that he's favoring Tn nor have I ever even seen him wear Tn gear. I hope we get him but I don't see it. We'll see soon enough I guess.

Keon is very close to his family, especially his grandfather. For his junior project he fixed up his grandfather's fishing boat, "pimped" his float if you will. The reason vandy is still in the picture is to stay close to home, close to his family. This is according to my son so tifwiw. My guess is Keon doesn't know where he's going yet.

When did he publicly eliminate them? I just spoke with him 2 weeks ago. He doesn't like their numbers right now but that can change quickly. His mom being a 2 time All-Sec player there will keep them in it till the end I believe as Pearl will throw everything at him if they decide they need him. He's never once mentioned Tn or Vandy as his favorite, he's never mentioned anyone as his favorite to this point.
He eliminated them a couple months ago, there’s a reason he took 4 OV’s and Auburn wasn’t one of them.

He eliminated them a couple months ago, there’s a reason he took 4 OV’s and Auburn wasn’t one of them.
When and where did he say he eliminated Auburn? You just saying it doesn't mean it has happened. He's been to Auburn unofficially more than he's been to the other schools combined I believe.

VN Store

Back