2020 Target List

Doesn’t sound like the type of attitude CRB has been targeting?
Yeah, that interview doesn't cast him in the best light. Not a great look. You could argue that Admiral approaches the game with the same attitude without openly boasting about it, but still, a college senior and a high school junior are generally miles apart in terms of maturity.

Is that with regards to them grad transferring out from Tennessee?
Yes, this would likely be dependent on who we get. For example, if UT got Kessler in 2019, both post could be competing against each other as seniors for limited minutes. If Burns and Kessler are the real deal they would likely be getting a lot of the minutes in the post. Then if you got someone like Keon Ambrose, you would have Ambrose, Corey Walker, and Pember as stretch four types. So there would be very limited minutes in the post for Fulk and Walker unless they extend their games.

Last edited:
Reactions: cncchris33
I am dying to know if UT has a chance with 6-3 Australian PG Jayden Stone from Birmingham Alabama ? PG has to be a priority in next year's class

The new article on Keon Johnson, makes him sound like a handful, which doesn't feel like a good fit with Rick Barnes and this program.

Yes, this would likely be dependent on who we get. For example, if UT got Kessler in 2019, both post could be competing against each other as seniors for limited minutes. If Burns and Kessler are the real deal they would likely be getting a lot of the minutes in the post. Then if you got someone’s like Keon Ambrose, you would have Ambrose, Corey Walker, and Pember as stretch four types. So there would be very limited minutes in the post for Fulk and Walker unless they extend their games.
Okay, just wanting to make sure I understood your post as meaning one of them may grad transfer out, not us taking a grad transfer. Basically, you believe e both will be recruited over if they don't improve. And I don't disagree. A team needs role players, and if those two are content with being just that, they will be fine. If, as you said, they don't take that next step in their development, yet want an increase in playing time, then I could see both moving on to a mid-major level as grad transfers.

Fulky's biggest weakness is coordination and decisiveness. The number of times I see him mishandle passes, trip over his own legs/feet, and overthink what to do around the basket with the ball is frustrating. Bone found him on a great look Saturday underneath the basket and instead of just going straight up with it, he took a dribble and tried to go underneath and up, allowing the defense to recover and block his shot. He could be a capable offensive threat I'd he improved his coordination and decision making with the ball.

Reactions: Vols All Day
View attachment 196408

Feb 21st: Ranked No. 115 in the Rivals150, Keon Ambrose-Hylton is already an acclaimed prospect in the 2020 class, but he took things to another level over the weekend at the prestigious Basketball Without Borders Global Camp.

Tennessee: “I will be going to their game against Kentucky next month. I cannot wait for that and to see their campus. I am really excited for that. They have been telling me a lot and just saying that they really love my game and the way that I play in transition and with how I can play all of the positions. The last time that they saw me play, they said that I am a younger version of CJ Walker with how I am very versatile and can use my length to my advantage.”
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Keon Ambrose-Hylton emerges as a national target

March 1st: About a week ago, several prospects headed to Charlotte to compete in the Basketball Without Borders Global Camp, which certainly held a few high-profile names in the event. Players like Addison Patterson (who displayed his talent at the Phenom Hoop’s National Showcase two years ago), recent Gonzaga commit Oumar Ballo, and several others showcased the emerging talent in the upcoming classes, each preparing themselves for the next level.

Another name started to emerge as well from the event, as 6’8 Keon Ambrone-Hylton earned a ton of recognition for his style of play. His energy and versatility were on full display and it certainly caught the attention of high major programs. Overall though, the BWB Camp was a great learning experience for the junior from Ohio, as he was able to take away a ton of information and showcase his unique skillset.
2020 SF Keon Ambrose-Hylton showcasing his ability and full potential - Phenom Hoop Report

I love it.

You need a couple guys with an edge. When Admiral leaves this year we lose that.

Can't have all boy scouts or all players with an edge. A great team has a good mixture.

Okay, just wanting to make sure I understood your post as meaning one of them may grad transfer out, not us taking a grad transfer. Basically, you believe e both will be recruited over if they don't improve. And I don't disagree. A team needs role players, and if those two are content with being just that, they will be fine. If, as you said, they don't take that next step in their development, yet want an increase in playing time, then I could see both moving on to a mid-major level as grad transfers.

Fulky's biggest weakness is coordination and decisiveness. The number of times I see him mishandle passes, trip over his own legs/feet, and overthink what to do around the basket with the ball is frustrating. Bone found him on a great look Saturday underneath the basket and instead of just going straight up with it, he took a dribble and tried to go underneath and up, allowing the defense to recover and block his shot. He could be a capable offensive threat I'd he improved his coordination and decision making with the ball.
Yes, you understood me correctly. It seems like coach is looking for post players that can stretch the floor and draw rim protectors out of the paint. The kids we are recruiting now in the post all have the ability to shoot the three. Fulk and Walker currently do not have the ability to shoot the three.

Stone is another who could play PG, but is probably more suited as a SG. He is a terrific shooter.
Curious if anyone knows if he made it in this weekend? We need at least one SG in the 2020 class, maybe two, and he is one of the best shooters I've seen in the class. The versatility of being able to play point too, has to be appealing. Springer, Johnson, Stone...some really nice options. If we can manage to pair a couple of those guys with Walker, Cone, and PJ Hall or Walker Kessler, and you have the makings of a top 5 class.

Curious if anyone knows if he made it in this weekend? We need at least one SG in the 2020 class, maybe two, and he is one of the best shooters I've seen in the class. The versatility of being able to play point too, has to be appealing. Springer, Johnson, Stone...some really nice options. If we can manage to pair a couple of those guys with Walker, Cone, and PJ Hall or Walker Kessler, and you have the makings of a top 5 class.
Didn’t sound like Stone made it in but haven’t seen that confirmed

He could, but would be much more of a scoring PG in the mold of Lamonte Turner. Jalen Cone would be more in line with a Jordan Bone type.

FWIW I saw someone mention Springer as the DWade type player (obviously not as good), but can play point if needed but is better off the ball and a phenomenal defender.

Bball recruiting is getting fun.

Keep this up, and they will start referring to the elite as "orange bloods".

The new article on Keon Johnson, makes him sound like a handful, which doesn't feel like a good fit with Rick Barnes and this program.
Another misleading article then. He's got the perfect mentality to play for Coach Barnes, the reason he may not end up in Knoxville is because he has family ties to Auburn and Va was always a early leader. My nephew and niece play at Webb and are good friends with him. He's very close to the vest about where he wants to go but most of his HS friends think it will be Auburn or Va.

. He's very close to the vest about where he wants to go but most of his HS friends think it will be Auburn or Va.

Disagree. Your family might think that but many close to him dont

Vandy or Tenn at this point win Tenn leading by a lot if we don't go another direction

Doesn’t sound like the type of attitude CRB has been targeting?
If you knew the kid you'd think differently as he's got the perfect mentality to play for CRB. Great kid, hard working, intelligent, great family and extremely talented without any quit. He's always been an Auburn lean because of family and Va has shown him more love than anyone else, I think he ends up at one of those 2 schools.

VN Store

Back