2020 Target List

Tobias Harris is a pretty good NBA player and Williams will be as well. If he continues to develop his outside game he'll be an early 1st rounder next season. He's a late 1st early 2nd rounder right now.

I love Grant, but Grant with an outside shot doesn't become a lottery pick, especially if he's going to be 22 by the time he's drafted.

I don’t think the staff is even close to being locked in on certain positions for 2020, their needs could change a ton by the time that class roles around, right now they’re just gonna recruit guys they like regardless of position.

I think Pember and Gaines are absolutely worth their scholarships and think they are going to surprise some people.

Thanks!

If we lose Kent this year, could we add Jitobah to the 2019 class?

I really like Ruzhentsev, hope Walker coming on board doesn't eliminate his spot.

Thanks!

If we lose Kent this year, could we add Jitobah to the 2019 class?
We are only interested in adding Jitoboh if he agrees to do a prep year and becomes a part of the 2020 class. He is very slow-footed and not very athletic. A big body, but he needs a lot of improvment.

Momma Walker must have liked UT. The 2020 class might be the greatest in Vols' history and when I say that, I mean rating-wise.

Walker screams versatility, so I don’t think his commitment will eliminate anyone...but next guy on board could eliminate some folks.
Agreed walker appears to be super versatile. Watching a few of his highlights he is good inside and out. Can block shots and rebound. Pull up mid range jumper and looked to use both hands well.

I don’t have any inside information, but we could end up taking more than 4 in this class. If Fulk, JJ, and Walker stay for 2019-20, they will have the grad transfer option for 2020-21. Or someone could leave for the draft or other reasons.

Last edited:
Corey Walker Jr
Jaden Springer
Keon Johnson
PJ hall
That has to be a top 3 class for sure, & could possibly get somebody else .

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
I don’t have any inside information, but we could end up taking more than 4 in this class. If Fulk, JJ, and Walker stay for 2019-20, they will have the grad transfer option for 2020-21. Or someone could leave for the draft or other reasons.
Is that with regards to them grad transferring out from Tennessee?

Reactions: Vols All Day
Does Walker taking a spot effect Keon Johnson at all?

Are the similar players ?
Not imo...as already mentioned Walker is a lot like Tyler Smith in that he’s versatile, could play the 3 or 4, play some point forward if needed...I mentioned it before but I don’t think he takes anyone’s spot because of his versatility. With that said, if Springer or Ruzhentsev jump on board then I could see things tightening up on Johnson, but not sure any of those guys are close to a decision.

Reactions: BruinVol
Momma Walker must have liked UT. The 2020 class might be the greatest in Vols' history and when I say that, I mean rating-wise.

On the way already. Hard to believe how far we have come in 4 years of solid player development and player buy in. Barnes has done it the right way, also.

Reactions: The Dog
Keon Johnson plays with emotion and without fear on the basketball court. That has led to a Mr. Basketball-type season for the Webb School junior point guard, who is the top-rated college basketball prospect in Tennessee for the Class of 2020 according to the 247Sports Composite. It has also gotten him in trouble with technical fouls. His last one of the season came Friday with the Feet attempting to reach its first Division II-A state championship game...“He’s got a game that part of the beauty of his game is the edge that he plays with,” Webb coach Jeff Mitchell said. “And at times that may get misinterpreted. That is something he’s been dealing with and has to deal with.”

...“That’s like asking me to change my shot or how I play basketball,” said Johnson, who is rated as the No. 32 basketball prospect in the country for 2020. “I mean, night in and night out you are going to get the same Keon. You are going to get the same player. The way you take it is the way you take it.”

Johnson averaged 25.3 points, 9.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists this season.
Keon Johnson, Tennessee's top 2020 basketball prospect, plays with edge, even if that means technicals

Reactions: Stoked
Not imo...as already mentioned Walker is a lot like Tyler Smith in that he’s versatile, could play the 3 or 4, play some point forward if needed...I mentioned it before but I don’t think he takes anyone’s spot because of his versatility. With that said, if Springer or Ruzhentsev jump on board then I could see things tightening up on Johnson, but not sure any of those guys are close to a decision.

Sorry if you’ve already mentioned this. I didn’t find it in your recent posts. But is there anything new on Walker Kessler reclassifying for 19?

1551666492871.png

Feb 21st: Ranked No. 115 in the Rivals150, Keon Ambrose-Hylton is already an acclaimed prospect in the 2020 class, but he took things to another level over the weekend at the prestigious Basketball Without Borders Global Camp.

Tennessee: “I will be going to their game against Kentucky next month. I cannot wait for that and to see their campus. I am really excited for that. They have been telling me a lot and just saying that they really love my game and the way that I play in transition and with how I can play all of the positions. The last time that they saw me play, they said that I am a younger version of CJ Walker with how I am very versatile and can use my length to my advantage.”
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Keon Ambrose-Hylton emerges as a national target

March 1st: About a week ago, several prospects headed to Charlotte to compete in the Basketball Without Borders Global Camp, which certainly held a few high-profile names in the event. Players like Addison Patterson (who displayed his talent at the Phenom Hoop’s National Showcase two years ago), recent Gonzaga commit Oumar Ballo, and several others showcased the emerging talent in the upcoming classes, each preparing themselves for the next level.

Another name started to emerge as well from the event, as 6’8 Keon Ambrone-Hylton earned a ton of recognition for his style of play. His energy and versatility were on full display and it certainly caught the attention of high major programs. Overall though, the BWB Camp was a great learning experience for the junior from Ohio, as he was able to take away a ton of information and showcase his unique skillset.
2020 SF Keon Ambrose-Hylton showcasing his ability and full potential - Phenom Hoop Report

Last edited:
Keon Johnson plays with emotion and without fear on the basketball court. That has led to a Mr. Basketball-type season for the Webb School junior point guard, who is the top-rated college basketball prospect in Tennessee for the Class of 2020 according to the 247Sports Composite. It has also gotten him in trouble with technical fouls. His last one of the season came Friday with the Feet attempting to reach its first Division II-A state championship game...“He’s got a game that part of the beauty of his game is the edge that he plays with,” Webb coach Jeff Mitchell said. “And at times that may get misinterpreted. That is something he’s been dealing with and has to deal with.”

...“That’s like asking me to change my shot or how I play basketball,” said Johnson, who is rated as the No. 32 basketball prospect in the country for 2020. “I mean, night in and night out you are going to get the same Keon. You are going to get the same player. The way you take it is the way you take it.”

Keon Johnson, Tennessee's top 2020 basketball prospect, plays with edge, even if that means technicals

Last edited:
Reactions: walkenvol

Doesn’t sound like the type of attitude CRB has been targeting?

VN Store

Back