2020 SEC QBs

Statistically and based on where he has his team ranked at season’s end, Kyle Trask will be the best QB returning and likely preseason All-SEC QB. He had one helluva season which may have been the story of the year in the SEC if not for the amazing story of Joe Burrow and LSU.

Having said all that, I’m not sure Trask can hold off Emory Jones to be UF’s starter in 2020.

I think JG will naturally improve heading into next season as a product of having Chaney (and the same offense) for two years in a row. Unfortunately, I don’t think his Improvement will be very drastic because he has a low ceiling. He will be consistently better than this past year but it won’t be enough to win us the east. Hope I’m wrong!

He has two things to work on to make that leap.

1) Pocket presence. He often gets caught off guard by blind side blitzes.
2) Anticipating open receivers so that he can get the ball out quicker before defenders have time to make corrections and or go for the Int. Right now he waits until Receiver is open before throwing.
Note: this would also greatly reduce sacks, fumbles and injury potential.

Bo Nix will be a really good QB in time, he's a freshman so he had some struggles but I'd definitely take him

Only ones I see jg ahead of is mo, vandy, and ark. So I rank jg 11th in sec.
You’d think Pruitt and Chaney know they don’t have their guy, with SIX QB’s on the team for spring practice.

Then give one of them a chance to be successful. Don't wait until we get into conference play to start one of them.

Let this sink in for a minute. The SEC in 2020 will be QB deprived. JG honestly will be considered top 2 in the league. Bo Nix is the only QB in the league in 2020 that might be ranked ahead of him. Tua and Fromm are off to the NFL.

This will be the 1st time in JG career to have the same OC for a 2nd year. Chaney did wonders for Crompton after he was left for dead. Just saying!

Thoughts VN?

JG's problems are all mental.

Reactions: savannahfan
Let this sink in for a minute. The SEC in 2020 will be QB deprived. JG honestly will be considered top 2 in the league. Bo Nix is the only QB in the league in 2020 that might be ranked ahead of him. Tua and Fromm are off to the NFL.

This will be the 1st time in JG career to have the same OC for a 2nd year. Chaney did wonders for Crompton after he was left for dead. Just saying!

Thoughts VN?

Kellen Mond has the most starts on returners I think 32 think JG has 25 Bo Nix will have a high graduation rate

Trask is a good QB...I might put him at the top of my list..I think Mullen was correct when he said he had 3 FBS QBs I also think Bo Nix has potential

yep think
Trask =solid
Mac Jones= stars players around him
Kellen Mond= 32 starts most in SEC
Bo Nix= good but Auburn loses a lot of starters could be higher
Hilinski= has a good upside may slide back as coach is on his way out
Plumlee= will flourish under Kiffin etal

Reactions: VolnJC

Thoughts VN?
Uh, no. The Bama freshman and Jones will be better. Whoever UGAs grad transfer is, will be better. Ole Miss QB will be better. Trask is WAY better.

JG will remain an unpredictable mental health case in 2020.

I think JG will naturally improve heading into next season as a product of having Chaney (and the same offense) for two years in a row. Unfortunately, I don’t think his Improvement will be very drastic because he has a low ceiling. He will be consistently better than this past year but it won’t be enough to win us the east. Hope I’m wrong!

I re watched the Gator Bowl and I noticed something on JG. They kept panning in on his face and he gives off the look of someone looking at an extremely hard math problem on a chalk board with no idea how to solve it.
Over the years I've heard players say I just looked in my QB's eyes and knew we got this or announcers saying that QB carries himself like a winner.
I went back and looked at some other games and he has that same look. I just don't think he has any confidence at all for a 4th year guy and that bleeds over to the team.

Everyone understand that I’m not a JG fan. My major point in this thread was the potentially week QB league the SEC will be next year. Does any QB in the SEC scare you?
It's a "re-set" year for SEC QB's. Had a good couple years w/ strong SEC QB's, new cream will rise, but as of now, no one's jumping off the page.

My thoughts are that he's inconsistent and there will be losses to teams we should beat by double digits if he's the starter for the entire year. He's late with his throws, underthrows the deep ball. I don't care what his completion % is when he throws single digit TD's in a season because he always checks down to the shortest throw.

Bring on Bailey or maybe Mauer or Hill will make a jump over the off-season.

I appreciate JG's toughness and him sticking it out at Tennessee, but I think he has a ceiling and Tennessee's offense has been stuck at that ceiling with him at the helm for the last two years.

I wouldn't expect him to be top two.

in all honesty what have you seen from Maurer that leads you to believe we’ll be better with him next year over JG

JG #2?

Me personally............I'll take Mond, Trask, Plumlee, Bama QB (insert name here), and Nix ahead of anyone in Knoxville for next year..........As of TODAY.

Subject to change.

I was told his look was stoic[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
I re watched the Gator Bowl and I noticed something on JG. They kept panning in on his face and he gives off the look of someone looking at an extremely hard math problem on a chalk board with no idea how to solve it.
Over the years I've heard players say I just looked in my QB's eyes and knew we got this or announcers saying that QB carries himself like a winner.
I went back and looked at some other games and he has that same look. I just don't think he has any confidence at all for a 4th year guy and that bleeds over to the team.

in all honesty what have you seen from Maurer that leads you to believe we’ll be better with him next year over JG
His first pass in the gator bowl....flushed outta pocket. Directed wr deeper and toward sidline...great pass in frontnof the wr...that 1 play was everything JG doesnt do as a 4th year college QB

The fact that JG isn't night and day difference ahead of a true freshman Maurer speaks volumes.

Regardless, Maurer is a true freshman and played like it, but did show his potential.

another year in Chaney's playbook and Fitz' S&C program would do wonders. Maurer needs to bulk up, but he did show flashes.

Reactions: savannahfan
His first pass in the gator bowl....flushed outta pocket. Directed wr deeper and toward sidline...great pass in frontnof the wr...that 1 play was everything JG doesnt do as a 4th year college QB

And also threw 2 balls that coulda been intercepted

As long as JG is the starter I’m not confident in our passing game. He holds us back so much.

JG starting with this year's receiving group was manageable.

JG starting next year with only 1 returning receiver is horrifying.

But hey, that completion percentage record will translate into something right?

The fact that JG isn't night and day difference ahead of a true freshman Maurer speaks volumes.

Regardless, Maurer is a true freshman and played like it, but did show his potential.

another year in Chaney's playbook and Fitz' S&C program would do wonders. Maurer needs to bulk up, but he did show flashes.

Better is better. Doesn’t have to be night and day difference. But JG at the moment is better and that’s the Qb who should be playing. I just really don’t think anybody can sit here and say what they saw from Maurer was better than him

Reactions: irish1485

VN Store

Back