Alabama (loss)
bye
@Arkansas (win)
Texas A&M (loss)
@Auburn (loss)
@Vanderbilt (win)
Florida (loss)

I think we beat South Carolina and A&M

Those are games they can win. I would just take the opposition. I think A&M is better and the South Carolina pick is for the reason below.

Tennessee's last 4 openers....

OT win vs. Appy State
2OT win vs. Georgia Tech
Loss to West Virginia
Loss to Georgia State

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Those are games they can win. I would just take the opposition. I think A&M is better and the South Carolina pick is for the reason below.

Tennessee's last 4 openers....

OT win vs. Appy State
2OT win vs. Georgia Tech
Loss to West Virginia
Loss to Georgia State
. The South Carolina game will be a ugly game and we are 1-7 I believe against Muschamp but I think we will squeak by. Home field advantage won’t mean much this season i think we will have a few upsets.

I’m not sure where all this hype from the media is coming from on Texas A&M. Their only win against a ranked opponent last year was OK ST and that was the bowl game. They went 4-4 in the conference. Yes, they did play one of the the toughest schedules in the country last year. Cry me a river, we play that type of schedule nearly every season. In 2013, we played something like 6 top 10 teams and 5 of them were in a row. We sucked that year and still beat a top 10 ten USCe and also nearly beat Georgia in OT. A&M is talented like everyone else in the conference, outside of Vandy and Arkansas, but they aren’t anywhere close to contending for a conference championship. They are just a middle of the pack SEC team.

Reactions: BigDave
Vandy game will not be played. Only 9 games this year so there goes a W.

All of the Texas A&M hype is beyond me, it has to be due to having Jimbo Fisher at the helm. Fisher is a good coach but he hasn't lived up to his promise or his salary in College Station.

Vols beat the Aggies!

GBO

South Carolina: Win
Missouri: Win
Georgia: Loss
Kentucky: Win
Alabama: Loss
Arkansas: Win
Texas A&M: Loss
Auburn: Win
Vanderbilt: Win
Florida: Win

Think you may have A&M and A-burn backwards, maybe another game or so that I hate to think about.

ESPN power index has us going 4-6. ESPN hates us as we all know personally I see us going 6-4 or 7-3.

@South Carolina (win)
Missouri (win)
@Georgia (loss)
Kentucky (win)
Alabama (loss) I think we might have had a chance with a packed stadium and Mays, but not so much now.
bye bye
@Arkansas (win)
Texas A&M (win) I think between Pruitt going up against Jimbo’s in practice year in and out, and Graham one year removed from their program in addition to the facts they lost Graham and Jimbo has never gone up against Chaney’s offense, we have a better chance of winning.

@Auburn (win) Malzhan has never beaten Pruitt at any level on any team
@Vanderbilt (win)
Florida (loss)

7-3

We will beat the Cocks by 10+ book it! We’re way better defensively and we can run on them! 😎

Please go back and watch the Gator Bowl and then let me know what you think. Keep in mind that Indiana’s best win was probably Nebraska (5-7) and they didn’t beat anyone with a winning record. Oh and Purdue (4-8) took them to 2 OT’s.

Point being is that with JG at QB the Vols will struggle with every team that they play.

Reactions: tnutater
Please go back and watch the Gator Bowl and then let me know what you think. Keep in mind that Indiana’s best win was probably Nebraska (5-7) and they didn’t beat anyone with a winning record. Oh and Purdue (4-8) took them to 2 OT’s.

Point being is that with JG at QB the Vols will struggle with every team that they play.
I like JG's heart but as an SEC caliber QB, he ain't cutting the mustard.

Reactions: tnutater and gunner
6-4 is the floor for my expectations. USCe, Mizzou, UK, Vandy and Arky should all be wins.

No reason to not get one more out of whats left.

We're at a point now where we can compete with the better teams in the league and should be able to pull one of those off if not 2.

SC Loss Opening game
Mizzu Win
GA Loss
Ken Loss they now have a QB
AL Loss
Ark Win
Tam Loss
Aub Loss
Vandy Win
FL Loss

Our absolute lack of offense catches up to to us.

But you've said we aren't going to play. Alot. Why are you asking for predictions when you claim we wont play? Just curious.
. I really doubt we finish the season I think we will start the season and play the first three weeks. I hope we can play the whole ten games but I’m just being realistic. This will be a season like no other for sure.

VN Store

Back