2020 predictions

Who is responsible for limiting the infection correlation in the referees????
Too many variable in play .... injured, sick and quarantined, depth or lack of it, ... we just want the opportunity to see football on Saturday!
I whipped out the Ouija board ....
Tennessee ... overperform ... 8-2
Georgia ... underperform ... 6-4
Vanderbilt .... underperform ... 0-10
... I actually did it for all the teams in the SEC ... it was quite intriguing actually....

A win at Auburn? Convince me.

Tennessee returns more production on both offense (don't laugh!) and defense than Auburn. Regardless of who is quarterbacking the Vols in November, I think that Auburn's defense falls off enough to allow Gray to run rampant. I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Auburn sitting at four losses when the Vols stroll into town, but who knows.

As for Texas A&M, I think they're the second-best team in the entire conference (after Alabama) this year and think they have a very solid chance of making the CFP a la the 2017 Tide despite not playing in the conference title game.

@South Carolina (win)
Missouri (win)
@Georgia (loss)
Kentucky (win)
Alabama (loss) I think we might have had a chance with a packed stadium and Mays, but not so much now.
bye bye
@Arkansas (win)
Texas A&M (win) I think between Pruitt going up against Jimbo’s in practice year in and out, and Graham one year removed from their program in addition to the facts they lost Graham and Jimbo has never gone up against Chaney’s offense, we have a better chance of winning.

@Auburn (win) Malzhan has never beaten Pruitt at any level on any team
@Vanderbilt (win)
Florida (loss)

7-3
I'll go with you except for the following : TA&M--loss, Aubie--loss, a vastly over rated team of lizards--win. For a record of 6-4.

Tennessee returns more production on both offense (don't laugh!) and defense than Auburn. Regardless of who is quarterbacking the Vols in November, I think that Auburn's defense falls off enough to allow Gray to run rampant. I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Auburn sitting at four losses when the Vols stroll into town, but who knows.

As for Texas A&M, I think they're the second-best team in the entire conference (after Alabama) this year and think they have a very solid chance of making the CFP a la the 2017 Tide despite not playing in the conference title game.
Our offensive production was against cupcakes, does not matter. We did squat against good teams.
The Auburn defense played in the West

@South Carolina (loss)
Missouri (win)
@Georgia (loss)
Kentucky (win)
Alabama (loss)
bye
@Arkansas (win)
Texas A&M (loss)
@Auburn (loss)
@Vanderbilt (win)
Florida (loss)

South Carolina doesn’t have business being on the same field as us, Missouri is a win, Georgia is going to be a close game that I think we finally pull off, Alabama will be close game (Toss up), Arkansas no business on the field with us, Texas A&M we will beat, Auburn hasn’t beat Pruitt yet and Pruitt knows Gus inside and out so that’s a win, Vandy is a win and Pruitt beats Florida this year.

Tennessee goes 9 - 1 with a possible loss to Alabama.

@South Carolina (loss)
Missouri (win)
@Georgia (loss)
Kentucky (win)
Alabama (loss)
bye
@Arkansas (win)
Texas A&M (loss)
@Auburn (loss)
@Vanderbilt (win)
Florida (loss)

Florida’s Win/Loss:

@Mississippi (win)
South Carolina (win)
@Texas A&M (win)
LSU (loss)
Missouri (win)
@Georgia (loss)
Arkansas (win)
@Vandy (win)
Kentucky (win)
@tennessee (loss)

Please go back and watch the Gator Bowl and then let me know what you think. Keep in mind that Indiana’s best win was probably Nebraska (5-7) and they didn’t beat anyone with a winning record. Oh and Purdue (4-8) took them to 2 OT’s.

Point being is that with JG at QB the Vols will struggle with every team that they play.
Like SC last year? Or like Vandy last year? Or like Missouri last year? Shall I continue?

If we actually play the schedule we should win 5. I doubt that we play any at all.

Those are games they can win. I would just take the opposition. I think A&M is better and the South Carolina pick is for the reason below.

Tennessee's last 4 openers....

OT win vs. Appy State
2OT win vs. Georgia Tech
Loss to West Virginia
Loss to Georgia State
Can't beat the facts, my opinion is that the mentality had alot to do with those plus talent difference, except for Georgia State..... And I don't have a clue what happened there.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
South Carolina doesn’t have business being on the same field as us, Missouri is a win, Georgia is going to be a close game that I think we finally pull off, Alabama will be close game (Toss up), Arkansas no business on the field with us, Texas A&M we will beat, Auburn hasn’t beat Pruitt yet and Pruitt knows Gus inside and out so that’s a win, Vandy is a win and Pruitt beats Florida this year.

Tennessee goes 9 - 1 with a possible loss to Alabama.

Until last season, the margin of victory in the South Carolina-Tennessee game (regardless of who won) was 6 points or less every year from 2012 through 2018.

Reactions: Jaws and TennVols12
Please go back and watch the Gator Bowl and then let me know what you think. Keep in mind that Indiana’s best win was probably Nebraska (5-7) and they didn’t beat anyone with a winning record. Oh and Purdue (4-8) took them to 2 OT’s.

Point being is that with JG at QB the Vols will struggle with every team that they play.
Yep I agree with JG comment especially if he plays the way he did vs Indiana. That’s why I think the defense will hold SC to 14 or under pts. and our offense with be run heavy producing 2-3 rush TD. Really my prediction is that we win by 10+ despite our QB play for the 1st game. 😎👍

Reactions: TennVols12
The key to almost every season, but more magnified this year, is what did you do in the offseason.

Everyone always claims to be bigger, faster stronger. Everyone claims to be more mentally prepared. But, some teams are and some teams aren’t.

Saban’s greatness, for me, has always been February to August. And that’s actually when a lot of games are won. His teams don’t blow blocking assignments, coverages, etc.

So, I think we are going to learn which schools have good coaches, discipline within the program, and who did work this offseason

Reactions: Jaws
Our offensive production has to drastically improve this season plus will we play musical chairs at QB again ? or will JG step up and finally put it all together and have a Jason Campbell type senior season. I think our defense and secondary will be very strong.

Defense can't be strong if on the field all the time.
I've seen enough 3 and outs in the last 5 years to do me a lifetime.

Reactions: QU1ZE
The key to almost every season, but more magnified this year, is what did you do in the offseason.

Everyone always claims to be bigger, faster stronger. Everyone claims to be more mentally prepared. But, some teams are and some teams aren’t.

Saban’s greatness, for me, has always been February to August. And that’s actually when a lot of games are won. His teams don’t blow blocking assignments, coverages, etc.

So, I think we are going to learn which schools have good coaches, discipline within the program, and who did work this offseason
Wee Little Nicky's "greatness" is having the best players money can buy.
Against near peer talent, his teams are not invincible.
Given equal rosters, he would be the old ball coach's bitch.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back