2020 NFL Offseason Thread

Yeah Haynesworth was actually good in Tennessee

Haynesworth was a problem child and he was lazy but he was a mf beast. People hold onto the Redskins fiasco but the Skins are a joke and he wasn't a good fit for their system.

93520202_3271724786207520_376812049407148032_o.jpg

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN that Falcons will be extremely aggressive in the 2020 NFL Draft and possibly trade up for a Top 5 pick.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Everybody is freaking out because the Packers didn't get Rodgers a WR but the passing game should be better this year with a healthy Adams. Rookie WR's usually aren't big impact guys. Hollywood Brown was the biggest impact guy last year and he didn't even have 600 yards. Does anybody think Tee Higgins is the guy that's going to make them better than the 49ers right now? They gave up 37 points to the 49ers and lost by 17. Maybe their strategy is to trade for a veteran WR who can be an instant impact guy. If their strategy is to control the clock more and get better on D, I can't argue with that. If their strategy is to look to the future because the 49ers are so f-ing good right now, I can't argue with that.

They used a 2nd round pick on a RB. A 3rd rd pick on a TE. And 3 picks on offensive linemen. It's not like they're just saying **** Rodgers.

Everybody is freaking out because the Packers didn't get Rodgers a WR but the passing game should be better this year with a healthy Adams. Rookie WR's usually aren't big impact guys. Hollywood Brown was the biggest impact guy last year and he didn't even have 600 yards. Does anybody think Tee Higgins is the guy that's going to make them better than the 49ers right now? They gave up 37 points to the 49ers and lost by 17. Maybe their strategy is to trade for a veteran WR who can be an instant impact guy. If their strategy is to control the clock more and get better on D, I can't argue with that. If their strategy is to look to the future because the 49ers are so f-ing good right now, I can't argue with that.

They used a 2nd round pick on a RB. A 3rd rd pick on a TE. And 3 picks on offensive linemen. It's not like they're just saying **** Rodgers.
Like coming into the draft? Because there were about 5-6 WRs who ended up better

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Like coming into the draft? Because there were about 5-6 WRs who ended up better

****, I did a quick stat lookup yesterday and it had him at the top.

Still, only one 1,000 yard WR in the whole class. Nobody with more than 8 TD's. I count about 3 impact rookies total. Out of the first 8 WR's taken, only 2 were impact guys. So my point remains. You can't just go get a rookie WR and expect to see results right away.

Looking at guys from last year probably isn't the best way to examine this. A better way is to look at some random top WR's and look at what they did their rookie years.

Hopkins = 800 and 2
Green = 1000 and 7
Landry = 700 and 5
Sutton = 700 and 4
Adams = 400 and 3
Hilton = 800 and 7
Evans = 1000 and 12
Fitzgerald = 700 and 8
Diggs = 700 and 4
Hill = 600 and 6

So these guys became stars and for the most part they had modest impacts their rookie years. You have to first hit on the pick and then you should expect that he'll be slightly better than Marquez Valdez Scantling his rookie year. Packers should go get a proven guy. Gallup?

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
What position-positions do you want your favorite NFL team to concentrate on in the 2021 NFL Draft? Here's what I want my Falcons to concentrate on in the 2021 NFL Draft.

2021 NFL Draft Atlanta Falcons needs

QB (The Falcons need to be looking for then 37 year old Matt Ryan's successor)
OL (The Falcons need more OL depth)
RB (The Falcons need to draft a running back since they didn't in 2020)
WR (The Falcons will probably be looking for a replacement for Julio Jones who will be traded away because of salary)
LB (The Falcons could use more LB depth)

Last edited:
the WR's picked between 21 and 31 the last 12 years have averaged 1100 yards over their first 2 seasons.

1588263316162.png

Bears are not taking the 2021 option on Trubisky

Same with Jags and Fournette

Same with Titans and Corey Davis

Broncos decline Bolles, too

They really need a WR. And plenty are impact rookies recently, including Adams himself. There were several of those guys in 2014 (Watkins, Evans, Beckham, Cooks, Adams, Landry, Robinson, Brown, even Kelvin Benjamin) and this WR class was often compared to that one

VN Store

Back