2020 Masters

Winning

Em4-5itWMAEAK9n

I’m sure Tiger feels the same way at his age.
Ya. I feel like Tiger may never have another year where he just wins and plays well. He may just be at that stage where once in a blue moon he will play like he is in his prime and win here and there. I think the consitency may be gone. Hopefully im wrong.

I watched the entire DJ press conference on Golf Channel. I thoroughly enjoyed his responses and his careful thought before he answered each question. And his respect for those asking the questions. I have made fun of his presumed intellect in the past and that has been a mistake. Even at my age I have to be reminded to really try to understand someone before judging.

Incredible Masters for Dustin. Sad that he missed the crowds' salute coming up the 18th. Missed that, azaleas & longer days of April.

Attachments

• Masters golfers 13Nov2020.jpg
    Masters golfers 13Nov2020.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 4
It’s probably wrong that I giggle slightly every time DeChambeau screws up.
Think it humbles him, or at least gives him a little self-awareness?

Some of the hype about him was media-generated, but he ginned up a lot of it himself with the "par is 67 for me here" comments.

Think it humbles him, or at least gives him a little self-awareness?

Some of the hype about him was media-generated, but he ginned up a lot of it himself with the "par is 67 for me here" comments.
The par 67 comment was just comical. It was so bad that it made me cringe for him and think "Dude. Stop talking" lol. I knew what he meant, but why in the world would you say that out loud?

Reactions: 05_never_again
The par 67 comment was just comical. It was so bad that it made me cringe for him and think "Dude. Stop talking" lol. I knew what he meant, but why in the world would you say that out loud?
...and even dumber than the par 67 comment were the excuses. He "didn't feel good?" Yesterday he said he stood over putts and "felt uncomfortable, and I missed a lot of putts because of that." "If we can't find it, is that a lost ball?" Really?

Dude, even if you did have a dizzy spell for some reason, it's probably better to just say that you didn't play well. He's such an odd duck and his personality makes it really easy to root against him.

...and even dumber than the par 67 comment were the excuses. He "didn't feel good?" Yesterday he said he stood over putts and "felt uncomfortable, and I missed a lot of putts because of that."

Dude, even if you did have a dizzy spell for some reason, it's probably better to just say that you didn't play well. He's such an odd duck and his personality makes it really easy to root against him.
Exactly right. I've never heard anything to indicate he's a bad guy. He's just strange.

...and if he thought he felt dizzy on the greens at Augusta in November, he may have an aneurysm in April.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Exactly right. I've never heard anything to indicate he's a bad guy. He's just strange.

...and if he thought he felt dizzy on the greens at Augusta in November, he may have an aneurysm in April.

He’s definitely an odd guy and I don’t think he’s as smart as he and the media make out. That said I can appreciate his different approach but he needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut.

He’s definitely an odd guy and I don’t think he’s as smart as he and the media make out. That said I can appreciate his different approach but he needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut.
I think Bryson is really smart...compared to the other guys on tour, or to an "average person." It's a relative thing. I don't think he's some physics and math savant who also happens to be a professional golfer, like many in the media make him out to be. His single swing plane stuff and all his clubs being the same length isn't revolutionary...he didn't come up with it. It's just unusual.

I'm all for an analytical approach to sports; I find it really interesting and I think can provide an edge, but it can also be taken too far and you can analyze too much for your own good. I think Bryson at times (and other golfers have been guilty of this too) becomes too concerned with certain particulars rather than being concerned about getting the ball in the hole in the fewest number of strokes. Bryson seems to be too concerned with driving distance in particular, in the sense that he thinks that if he isn't mashing it 20 yards further than everybody else, then he can't win. Does it provide an advantage? Of course it does, but he seems to think it's some kind of be-all end-all. He started spraying it all over the lot early and didn't have his distance advantage, and it seems like that really rattled him.

A simpler approach can also work. I think DJ (who I really think does have rocks in his head) was asked one of the tournament days what par was for him at Augusta, in light of Bryson's comment that par for him there was 67. He said "Uh...I hadn't really thought about it...72, I guess." I thought that was an awesome answer.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back