2020 Masters

He's a good pick. His game is perfect for Augusta National

The way he putts ? Not hardly ! Tee to green he's much better than average for Augusta, on the greens he's much worse than average, that is a real handicap for Augusta. He'll have to have the putting week of his life to take home the jacket, that or knock the stick down repeatedly on approach to keep himself inside 3 feet.

Really interested to see what the course even looks like in the fall.

I feel like iron play is the biggest stat at Augusta and that putting is overrated there. Of course you have to make some puts like every other tournament, but it doesn’t matter how good of a putter you are of your putting it in the wrong places on the green.

Look at some of the recent winners and several of them aren’t very good putters, but are very good iron players. Bubba, Sergio, Tiger, Adam Scott in recent years. Obviously there’s some really good putters on the list too, but being an average putter doesn’t rule you out of the tournament by any means.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I feel like iron play is the biggest stat at Augusta and that putting is overrated there. Of course you have to make some puts like every other tournament, but it doesn’t matter how good of a putter you are of your putting it in the wrong places on the green.

Look at some of the recent winners and several of them aren’t very good putters, but are very good iron players. Bubba, Sergio, Tiger, Adam Scott in recent years. Obviously there’s some really good putters on the list too, but being an average putter doesn’t rule you out of the tournament by any means.
I think you’re right. A good putter can overcome a lot but one of the reasons that older players sometimes pop up on the leaderboard at Augusta is because no matter how much they lengthen it, it’s a course where local knowledge and approach shots are everything.

I don’t think it takes a great putter, but it does take a hot putter. One of the best ways to get “hot” is to not leave yourself with a bunch of impossible putts.

Reactions: JOEY'S ALL VOL !!!

Yeah. The guy who wins, or the guys near the top of the leaderboard, seem to be sticking every iron shot to 5-10 feet.

Augusta National on October 3rd...

Bottom right is 15 and 16 where the 1st pic was taken.
7654E69B-DFB1-4CDF-BBE2-68D6C5C38DB0.jpeg

Reactions: CubsFanTN
So it is Masters week here in Augusta. As I have said before somewhere I live half a mile from the course and just around the course you almost wouldn't be able to tell there are no patrons this year if it were not for thousands of people not walking around. Parking lots near me are packed. I will try to snap some pictures some time today to show everyone what it looks like around despite no patrons. Apparently the items I purchased from the gift shop online shipped today so I will be getting those soon.

Reactions: MAD
That's what I figured they'd do. How does rye play?
A lot like bermuda in the fairways. When it’s grown in, the ball sits high. It plays a little sticky around the greens. Really have to be careful to notice the grain when trying to bump and run shots.

VN Store

Back