2020 Masters

They just started again. Watching DeChambeau, Rahm, & Oosthuizen on ESPN+.

Some familiar names there atop the leaderboard.

Everybody needs to pump the brakes a little bit on Bryson. He's a great player, and he very well may win this tournament. But so much of the talk about him between his US Open win and this tournament was acting like he was going to win every tournament he plays in from now on by 10 shots.

I'm late catching up on the DVR, but watching some of these guys drive the ball is just incredible.

I'm late catching up on the DVR, but watching some of these guys drive the ball is just incredible.
It's amazing to watch on TV, but mind-boggling in person. The way some of these guys drive the ball, it's like the ball is being launched from some kind of mechanical contraption, not hit by a human being.

Lefty is only 4 back. Phil may be getting up in years, but he has fun with that course.

Im curious as to how they mark their ball on the greens knowing they will be cut/rolled in the morning.

Im curious as to how they mark their ball on the greens knowing they will be cut/rolled in the morning.
Saw a couple sticking tees into the green as a marker before walking off.

The Masters app might be the greatest thing to happen to golf since HDTV lol? Being able to click on any golfer and then click on their scorecard and watch replays of every single shot is awesome.

The Masters app might be the greatest thing to happen to golf since HDTV lol? Being able to click on any golfer and then click on their scorecard and watch replays of every single shot is awesome.

It is the best sports app.

Was looking forward to the tournament but it just seems kind of boring.
I always have looked forward to it starting off the "real" golf season. This just ain't the same gig this year. I have only watched about an hour or two a day, unlike my usual binge watching. I'm having trouble getting into it.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
I always have looked forward to it starting off the "real" golf season. This just ain't the same gig this year. I have only watched about an hour or two a day, unlike my usual binge watching. I'm having trouble getting into it.
It’s definitely not the same course. The layout is still iconic, but the wet conditions along with slower greens, no wind and the Bermuda making the lies easier around the greens has really taken the teeth out it. Probably going to end up with 10-15 guys double digits under par when it’s over.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
It’s definitely not the same course. The layout is still iconic, but the wet conditions along with slower greens, no wind and the Bermuda making the lies easier around the greens has really taken the teeth out it. Probably going to end up with 10-15 guys double digits under par when it’s over.
I agree with all that, but it looks so different with no color. No color from the flowers, no color from the gallery, no galleries to line the fairways to frame the shot. It ain't the same for me.

I agree with all that, but it looks so different with no color. No color from the flowers, no color from the gallery, no galleries to line the fairways to frame the shot. It ain't the same for me.
Saw a camera angle today from behind a guy hitting into 18. It’s unreal how wide open and undefined looking it is without a gallery.

Reactions: 1972 Grad

I thought they would roll the greens harder than concrete on Friday or Saturday night ....but maybe the late finishers needed similar conditions. Wouldn't surprise me to see them kick it up a notch tonight for Sunday.

Saw a camera angle today from behind a guy hitting into 18. It’s unreal how wide open and undefined looking it is without a gallery.
When I first saw 18 green in person, I was surprised at how narrow it is. Also, I was surprised at the scope of the elevation changes. That course would be a b!tch to walk for me now at my age. I used to go to practice rounds every year and run it like a mountain goat, but I was much younger.

Love DJ, but it would take a monumental collapse for this to be any fun tomorrow

Total snoozer so far today folks. Those of you not watching aren't missing anything. No fans means dead air. No energy in the announcers. Nothing at all happening on the course. Everyone just plodding along in the same relative positions as the start of the day. Probably the least enjoyable final round Masters I’ve watched since I started watching them in the early 70s. So far...

Reactions: Aesius
Hats off to Tiger. He just splashed 3 balls on #12 en route to making a 10 and then birdied 5 of the last 6. Would’ve been real easy to mail it in and shoot 80+.

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back