2020 Lady Vols Softball

You are showing your ignorance here. Many of the best PC's around never have thrown a pitch in a game.

Let's take it to another sport....tell me how many games Bill Belichick has played. Likewise, just because you could do it doesn't mean you can teach it.

The top programs have pitching coaches that pitched. Don’t compare Karen weekly to Bill Bilichick! That’s ignorant. So how many mlb teams have pitching coaches that never pitched. Your a village idiot!

The top programs have pitching coaches that pitched. Don’t compare Karen weekly to Bill Bilichick! That’s ignorant. So how many mlb teams have pitching coaches that never pitched. Your a village idiot!

Your lack of softball knowledge is on full display for the people here that actually know a thing or two about the game. But you keep running around here calling others the village idiot, it's actually pretty funny.

By the way....wonder how many all Americans Lance Glasoe has coached? One of them just had 15 strikeouts

Last edited:
Here is a recently uploaded video of Turner pitching to give you an idea of what she looks like. You can't see her body on the first couple of pitches but then the camera man wakes up and you can see her the rest of the vid
oh great -- she walked her :D

thank you Alabama --- now win one more --- it would be hard to watch a final series in which I want both teams to lose, but I can always root for an SEC team

Reactions: 508mikey
Did you see the moonshot the OK girl hit late in the game? Probably went 300 feet.
The scary part is the ball didn't seem to be carrying all that well this weekend. To say that was a massive home run is an understatement. Most of the home runs were barely clearing the fences.

As I’ve watched one after another amazingly talented fuller-figured athlete play during this WCWS, I keep thinking about having read here recently that Ralph won’t recruit players like these who are absolutely kicking @ss on the field. He apparently doesn’t go for players who “don’t look like athletes.”

What a huge mistake if that’s how he is choosing — or not choosing — Lady Vols. Besides it sounding kinda gross and dirty-old-man sexist, it’s just plain stupid. If Tennessee had had a few of those women he’d reject based on body type, the Lady Vols might be in OKC right now instead of at home watching it on TV.

We have the #1 recruting class coming in

Actually no they don't. one of the players they calculated in to get to #1 actually signed with Ole Miss dropping UT to #2
another is listed as a UT recruit but has not been mentioned by UT Softball as a signee.

The final 2 teams are not built around the slap offense like the LVs......These ladies hit the ball.
Didn’t we try power hitting a few years ago? When Annie Aldrete was here? Seems we have somehow reverted back to speed. Maybe it’s my partiality to the long ball, but I would very much like to see us go the way of power again.

Didn’t we try power hitting a few years ago? When Annie Aldrete was here? Seems we have somehow reverted back to speed. Maybe it’s my partiality to the long ball, but I would very much like to see us go the way of power again.
If they cant figure out the formula after watching the wcws then they’ll never figure it out. Strong ladies, sacrifice a little speed, and play your best hitters even if they’re a little more of a liability in the field.

Reactions: Rixxx
The final between UCLA and Oklahoma was spectacular....Top shelf in every way.

The first game UCLA hit the ball like softball demons, high on something really good....The ball was flying all over the park, like some kind of wild video game...It was a route by UCLA.

Game 2 was high drama...Both teams stood toe to toe with each other, and exchanged hits and runs like the champs they both are...In the bottom of the 7th, UCLA broke the back of the mighty Sooner's with a shot to left center, which led to the runner from second making a mad dash to home plate for the winning run.

The Weekly's had to see, by this championship series, the slap hit attack has gone the way of yesterdays news....Just not effective anymore, especially when an extra umpire has been added to the game to get the slap hitters slap hitting out of the box.

Would have liked to see one more game between these two great teams....

The first game UCLA hit the ball like softball demons, high on something really good....The ball was flying all over the park, like some kind of wild video game...It was a route by UCLA.

Game 2 was high drama...Both teams stood toe to toe with each other, and exchanged hits and runs like the champs they both are...In the bottom of the 7th, UCLA broke the back of the mighty Sooner's with a shot to left center, which led to the runner from second making a mad dash to home plate for the winning run.

The Weekly's had to see, by this championship series, the slap hit attack has gone the way of yesterdays news....Just not effective anymore, especially when an extra umpire has been added to the game to get the slap hitters slap hitting out of the box.

Enjoyed watching both teams swing the bat with power and aggression during the finals. Had the same thoughts you just expressed regarding the Weeklys .

Great game both teams have adapted a baseball swing philosophy. Launch angle etc.. We hold a patent on weak ground balls cause we tend to swing down or over the ball. Shortstop has called for us to get a baseball style hitting coach which is what you saw last night. As we get older we tend (myself included) to get set in our ways. Unless we get some new blood on the staff expect little change.
Side note will leave it at this: Gasso noted how the "crowd was really helping them" and the announcers at least once on the fly out to the wall said that the "home" crowd thought it was out.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
IT was clear that the best two teams in the country were matched up in the finals. Very exciting games, very evenly matched (the first game score notwithstanding)

VN Store

Back