2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Alexa shot 39% from 3 with 42 made the year she left.

Given that some posters are deeply committed to the idea that no player ever improved in the slightest under Holly, they are not willing to recognize that Alexa was a much better player and more proficient shooter as a junior than she was as a Freshman. It is really unfortunate she transferred because she was poised to have a big year as a LV during her senior year.

Note to haters: it is one thing to say that a player like Alexa could have improved MORE with a different coach and quite another to say she was "terrible" or did not improve at all so as to affirm one's negative view of Holly.

Last edited:
Does anyone have news on recruitment of Sela Heide, North Bend, Washington State. She is outstanding for a 6'-8" post player and class of 2020.

She's a 3-star player that isn't highly regarded by the ranking systems. When was the last time a player like that made an impact at Tennessee...especially with Massengill, Horston, Davis, Green, Burrell and possibly Jessie and Salary ahead of her on the depth chart.

Nothing against her...just seems the expectations may be out of line with her credentials.

Wasn't she ranked in the top 100 before she got injured?

Reactions: ruvol and Will83
Wasn't she ranked in the top 100 before she got injured?
Kushkituah was also a top 5 player at some point during her recruitment. Top 100 as a sophomore isn't exactly a can't-miss prospect.

All I'm saying is that there's not much precedent for a player with her scouting report to be a major contributor as a freshman... particularly with 3 All Americans, a higher ranked freshman at her position, and a junior who has played major minutes competing for PT.

i think kellie is a great coach and seems to get a lot out of her players, but i dont think she can compete in the sec with 3 star players, much less on a national level. with that said, its still tennessee with all its history and great crowds, the fans, 8 national titles..i mean i think its only a matter of time before kellie signs a super recruting class.

tess darby here in a game she played from nov 17 2017. she is num 10..i presume she is a soph here. she has a sweet pull up jumper tho and plays pretty good d..

Tess Darby | Prospects Nation

Darby is a four star at Prospect Nation

Your McDonald's All American nominees by state

https://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/content/dam/aag/2020_McDAAG_Nominees_List.pdf

Both Darby and Salary at least made the nomination list.

You know just as well as i know the MDA team is all set and from Tenn, Cardosa, Hunt, And Hayes ? I`m Not taking any shots at Tess just saying what we all know. As far as the stars ranking for players it`s all over the place. Look Prospect Nation gave Teonni Key 6-4 four 1/2 stars and ESPN gave her four ?

Last edited:
Why would you trash a young Lady before she even shows you what she can do? I mean, not once, but you repeatedly have a beef with her, what is wrong with you?
Some people use pessimism as a defense mechanism. If they are right about their doom and gloom well then at least they were right. If they are wrong then at least something good happened. So it is a very, very weird win,win for them. Others are just miserable souls and it makes them feel better to unload some of their misery on others. Or sometimes people are just complete jack wagons. Don’t know about our friend DarthVol.

You know just as well as i know the MDA team is all set and from Tenn, Cardosa, Hunt, And Hayes ? I`m Not taking any shots at Tess just saying what we all know. As far as the stars ranking for players it`s all over the place. Look Prospect Nation gave Teonni Key 6-4 four 1/2 stars and ESPN gave her four ?
I don't know anything about Hunt or Hayes being on the team Cardosa will make it only 12 players can go and I don't think Hunt or Hayes will be included. Until they pick the final 12 I don't know anything and neither do you. All I know id Darby is up to four stars on Prospect Nation and Key should be a five star and she is number 16 in one service forget which one.

Reactions: mlindsay
I don't know anything about Hunt or Hayes being on the team Cardosa will make it only 12 players can go and I don't think Hunt or Hayes will be included. Until they pick the final 12 I don't know anything and neither do you.

They pick way more than 12 players, don't they? There must be 12 on each team, at least.

I agree that Hunt and Hayes are by no means locks to make the final rosters.

VN Store

Back