2020 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

Yes in December she played in Christmas Tourney in Dyersburg, Tennessee they beat Dyersburg which was the host team and also a double a rated team. She scored 25 in the first game I watched and against Dyersburg 24. She doesn't mind shooting it from 35 feet made a couple against Dyersburg. I also got to see her little sister Edie who is only like 5'6" tall she had something like 10 assists against Dyersburg and also hit four three point shots. What impressed me about her was her speed she went coast to coast two or three time for a layup. I doubt Tennessee signs her would take someone who doesn't mind her size although she may grow. She is a lot quicker than Tess but not as good a shooter at least not as a sophomore. Greenfield also has another player McNeil who looked like a Division one player to me saw where she signed with Bethel which is a local college. I think she definitely could play for a bigger school if she had wanted to. As far as Tess in the games I saw she is not only a terrific shooter she plays some solid defense had at least three steals in the Dyersburg game. I think she will play for us coming off the bench as a freshman my thoughts on her is that she is a lot more talented player than anyone we got on our bench right now excepting Burrell and KK. I think she will be more valuable than KK because she can hit the long bombs consistently and will definitely be a person that will kill teams that pack zones. I'm gonna try to see a couple more games I live in Milan Tn which is only 18 miles from Greenfield so not a far drive.

5-6 is not a bad height if you are a baller, Look at 2021 Jada Walker of New Hope Academy in MD she is only 5-6. Oh by the way i will be watching Jada to night in Olney, MD. I see Darby is listed at 6-0 if so i see her playing more at the 2 you think ? Right now the problem with the lady vols is we have no true pg. I do also think Darby will play some as a freshman how much ? i think it depends on the health of Zaay. Also want to apologize if i offend you in anyway i was just asking if you have seen her play yourself.

5-6 is not a bad height if you are a baller, Look at 2021 Jada Walker of New Hope Academy in MD she is only 5-6. Oh by the way i will be watching Jada to night in Olney, MD. I see Darby is listed at 6-0 if so i see her playing more at the 2 you think ? Right now the problem with the lady vols is we have no true pg. I do also think Darby will play some as a freshman how much ? i think it depends on the health of Zaay. Also want to apologize if i offend you in anyway i was just asking if you have seen her play yourself.
I think we were going to use Zaay at point guard if she hadn't been injured along with Jazmine. Darby will be a two in college. Her sister will be a point guard wherever she ends up she is an amazing ball handler.

Here is a photo from the paper when Greenfield played Jonesboro and Destiny Salary's team. Greenfield won by a lot as other than Salary Jonesboro not that good a team this season.

81513951_10156479209155163_5722959285294465024_n.jpg

Oh no hard feelings at all. I just meant it’s hard to be fair to either by direct comparison. In my opinion tho Alexa was better overall/complete player coming out of high school.

well taber spani was really good so thats exciting if tess can be as productive as taber..what about salary..who does she remind you of??

I've saw Darby play this year a couple times and she is a far better ball handler than Spani ever was. Their three point shooting ability is about the same but Darby definitely handles the ball better and can get to the basket on the drive.

well taber spani was really good so thats exciting if tess can be as productive as taber..what about salary..who does she remind you of??
Eventually I think she could if she improves her athleticism. Tbh I haven’t seen Salary too many times live. But a defense first, effort guard like Kamiko would be my best guess.

Middleton was terrible. A turnover machine and defensive liability because she did not understand who she was as a player.

She did play much better at Iowa state. She had a 1.6 A/t ration 176-109, averaged 10 points and 3 boards.

My biggest beef with Alexa was always her 3pt. shooting and her defense. She was billed as being our answer to that problem but she wasn’t a great shooter. Even at Iowa State she only averaged 34% from 3 which was 4th on their team. She only made 29 on the year. As far as defense goes she was just too slow to guard SEC guards. She fared much better in the Big 12.

sometimes players show great promise in practice, but doesnt translate to live games. i think alexa had this issue with her 3 point shot....great in practice, not so great in live game situations.

different coach=different results
Darby is playing really awesome for the coach she plays for now averaging 24 ppg 9 rpg and 3 steals per game 39 percent from the three and 52 percent from the field. I wonder what coach would get better results than that.

i was referring to Alexa
Alexa did about as well in college as she did in high school when she got to play. She was a 34 percent three point shooter in high school and a 34 percent three point shooter at Iowa State. I could look up how many points she scored in high school but it was no where near 2000 something over a thousand maybe. I think she would've been a better player with a different coach as seen when she transferred and got to play more at Iowa State.

To be fair it`s clear that KJH and her staff was unable to sign a top recruit in this class of 2020 so that is why to me Darby was offered not a bad signing. Will need to do a better job with the class of 2021 which is loaded i think better then the 2020 class.
This was my biggest fear with hiring Kellie. I’m not sure she can land the big name recruits Tenn is accustom to signing. I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Alexa shot 39% from 3 with 42 made the year she left.
That was the year she actually got to play 25 minutes a game. As a freshmen and sophomore she couldn't get any minutes I think 10 one year and something like that again the next season. Overall she shot 34 percent for her career here and that is almost exactly what she shot in high school. 34 percent is very good percentage from the three and I wish she had gotten more opportunity to play here. She had her best season at Iowa State when she knew she was gonna play. She wasn't a very good defender and was only 5'8 or so and that hurt her more than anything getting playing time for Holly. I think with the present staff she would have developed a lot more and produced a lot more offense as a junior and senior.

VN Store

Back