2019 Target List

It does, but you have to consider the limited options that will be available if Williams and Kent, or Bone and Turner were to leave.

It will be an uphill climb to find an impact player at that point. Do we take bodies just to take bodies? Jitoboh becomes more of an option instead of prepping? Obviously a grad transfer is the ideal option if it is someone who can immediately contribute.
That’s my point though, right now post is no more of a need than PG, with departures anything could become a need.

Pember obviously needs to gain some weight and spend some time in the weight room. No doubt in my mind that he'll respond the right way to Barnes' coaching style.

However, those questioning his fire and work ethic have no idea what they are talking about.

Pember obviously needs to gain some weight and spend some time in the weight room. No doubt in my mind that he'll respond the right way to Barnes' coaching style.

However, those questioning his fire and work ethic have no idea what they are talking about.
A returning Grant Williams would be a great influence on the young players

Reactions: OrangenSC
Why? Assuming he redshirts how doesn’t he fit as a 3/4?

The biggest reason is he doesn't possess any of the skills or athleticism that any of our 3s OR 4s have shown has success under Barnes.

Look I get it we recruited Kent to be the next Luke Kornet and we think this guy is the next Chandler Parsons. I said from the beginning Kent wasn't going to have near the athleticism to do so and I am saying similar things here about Pember. I'd love to be wrong but Unfortunately I feel confident in my projection.

The biggest reason is he doesn't possess any of the skills or athleticism that any of our 3s OR 4s have shown has success under Barnes.

Look I get it we recruited Kent to be the next Luke Kornet and we think this guy is the next Chandler Parsons. I said from the beginning Kent wasn't going to have near the athleticism to do so and I am saying similar things here about Pember. I'd love to be wrong but Unfortunately I feel confident in my projection.
Well, I don't.

And you also said Barnes wasn’t going to get it done here, so...

Reactions: VOLED

I'm not questioning either. The point I made was about his lack of physicality and aggressiveness, especially on the defensive end. I'm sure he works really hard and has a strong desire. He does get pushed around a bit on the high school level and he'll need to improve on that end if he is going to be a player in the SEC. He definitely can shoot and provide some offensive productivity on this level.

I think so too. His draft projections are all over the place from what I've read
I don't follow overseas bball, but I do know there's a flood of int'l players that get drafted and don't show up on the mock drafts. I just have a hard time assuming Grant would get a 1st round pick. I still believe comes back next season, but I 100% admit I'm probably wrong in the many times I've said he has no shot in the NBA. I'm a believer now.

Reactions: vols 30
I don't follow overseas bball, but I do know there's a flood of int'l players that get drafted and don't show up on the mock drafts. I just have a hard time assuming Grant would get a 1st round pick. I still believe comes back next season, but I 100% admit I'm probably wrong in the many times I've said he has no shot in the NBA. I'm a believer now.

He’s got more athleticism than Luke Maye but the point is similar, hell of a college player but just not likely that he’s going to get drafted very high by anyone. Even tonight he struggled a few times against their length, to get drafted 1st round I truly think he would have to show a perimeter similar to that of PJ Washington, a 40%+ shooter that demands you guard him out there.

Reactions: walkenvol
He’s got more athleticism than Luke Maye but the point is similar, hell of a college player but just not likely that he’s going to get drafted very high by anyone. Even tonight he struggled a few times against their length, to get drafted 1st round I truly think he would have to show a perimeter similar to that of PJ Washington, a 40%+ shooter that demands you guard him out there.
That is the one facet of his game that I'm hanging my hat on that he will look to possibly return to improve. Selfishly, I really hope the NBA doesn't give him the same grade a lot of these recent mock drafts are giving him.

That is the one facet of his game that I'm hanging my hat on that he will look to possibly return to improve. Selfishly, I really hope the NBA doesn't give him the same grade a lot of these recent mock drafts are giving him.
As Chris mentioned a lot of times foreign guys pop up and guys slide down, a lot also could depend on guys declaring/returning...right now I expect he will be back.

Congrats to Pember winning the state championship today. Scored 7 pts in the final

In Bearden's 3 state tournament games, Pember averaged 13 pts, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 1.7 steals per game. Hit 15 of 25 FGAs (3-7 on 3-pointers) and 6 of 7 FTAs.

In Bearden's 3 state tournament games, Pember averaged 13 pts, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 1.7 steals per game. Hit 15 of 25 FGAs (3-7 on 3-pointers) and 6 of 7 FTAs.

Solid tourney.

Whoever the kid is that was MVP and Mr basketball finalist can really play for a little guy. Heck of a high school player without a doubt.

Solid tourney.

Whoever the kid is that was MVP and Mr basketball finalist can really play for a little guy. Heck of a high school player without a doubt.

Ques Glover...hoping the kid will go the Bowden prep-school route and end up at UT.

He's dang good. Little too undersized I am afraid for the sec

Unfortunately probably true...been watching this Bearden team for a few years now and IMO he's the best player on the team. I'm guessing being undersized has kept him off the SEC recruiting radar though.

Unfortunately probably true...been watching this Bearden team for a few years now and IMO he's the best player on the team. I'm guessing being undersized has kept him off the SEC recruiting radar though.

The day I saw him he played tough as nails

VN Store

Back