2019 Target List

He's dang good. Little too undersized I am afraid for the sec

Kid can elevate. That mitigates his height to a degree, but having said that, anyone remember this guy? 5'10"
B9316502292Z.1_20150311160925_000_G25A6ARGM.1-0.jpg

Heck, there have been some fantastic NBA players who didn't top 6'. If you can play you can play.

Size matters?

Kid can elevate. That mitigates his height to a degree, but having said that, anyone remember this guy? 5'10"
B9316502292Z.1_20150311160925_000_G25A6ARGM.1-0.jpg

Heck, there have been some fantastic NBA players who didn't top 6'. If you can play you can play.

Size matters?
While I agree, you just recently opined how we need to be recruiting instant impact players, not guys who take two years to develop. Are you expecting Glover to be an instant impact player?

While I agree, you just recently opined how we need to be recruiting instant impact players, not guys who take two years to develop. Are you expecting Glover to be an instant impact player?

My comment wasn't about whether we should offer this kid or not. I'm not saying he is or isn't an impact player. My point was only about a players height. To say someone is too short to play in this league is clearly inaccurate base on our very own Johnny Darden plus the link to all the names of the players in the NBA who were vertically challenged.

Auburn’s current pg is pretty effective for them as a sub 6 footer. I don’t know enough about how Auburn’s style of D might allow them to utilize a shorter player vs UT’s switching style? What’s Turner’s real height?

My comment wasn't about whether we should offer this kid or not. I'm not saying he is or isn't an impact player. My point was only about a players height. To say someone is too short to play in this league is clearly inaccurate base on our very own Johnny Darden plus the link to all the names of the players in the NBA who were vertically challenged.
Ok, I didn’t see you speak out against offering him, so your comments seemed to defend the notion, or at least, be open to the idea that we should offer him.

Watching the video of him against Memphis East, while a limited sample size, yet against a couple legit D1 players, warms me up more to the idea of us grabbing him. Height is a concern, but he has excellent elevation on his jumper to help neutralize that a bit. His shot is very smooth and he gets it off quickly, as well. As tape of that game gets out to schools this spring, I won’t be at all surprised to see his offer list grow and perhaps include some high majors who find themselves in desperate need of a PG. Kid is a 4 year player who could contribute, even in year 1 if forced into big minutes.

Reminds me quite a bit of Erving Walker from Florida some 6-7 years ago. He was 5’-8”, quick, and a good shooter, as well, and a 2nd team All-SEC player as a senior. Finished his career as Florida’s 4th leading scorer all-time, and the school’s career assist leader.

Reactions: i2amavol
Ok, I didn’t see you speak out against offering him, so your comments seemed to defend the notion, or at least, be open to the idea that we should offer him.

Watching the video of him against Memphis East, while a limited sample size, yet against a couple legit D1 players, warms me up more to the idea of us grabbing him. Height is a concern, but he has excellent elevation on his jumper to help neutralize that a bit. His shot is very smooth and he gets it off quickly, as well. As tape of that game gets out to schools this spring, I won’t be at all surprised to see his offer list grow and perhaps include some high majors who find themselves in desperate need of a PG. Kid is a 4 year player who could contribute, even in year 1 if forced into big minutes.

Reminds me quite a bit of Erving Walker from Florida some 6-7 years ago. He was 5’-8”, quick, and a good shooter, as well, and a 2nd team All-SEC player as a senior. Finished his career as Florida’s 4th leading scorer all-time, and the school’s career assist leader.

I'm not the least bit qualified to make a judgment on his ability. Gotta trust Barnes and I do. My concern with recruiting projects isn't that it can't be done or that it's even wrong. My concern is that when we do get a special player, what type of supporting cast will he have?Where will the project types be in their development? Another big question is how patient will the fans be now that they've tasted success like the last two years. It's my hope that Barnes can now recruit players who fit what he's looking for that won't take 2years to develop. Hey, it's his job. He's gonna do it his way no matter what I think or want.

Reactions: cncchris33
I don't see Ques as a project. I see someone like him as a gamble.

I believe you would have a pretty good idea what he was capable of after a few practices. If his game translates well to the college game, then it does. If not, then you may have wasted a scholly, or at best, have a situational player.

His performance against top high school players certainly makes it look like he can make the transition.

I feel like he needs it.

He’s either going to redshirt or take a prep year, plan at this point is to redshirt but I know if asked he’s open to a prep year. I would guess the nutrition and strength at Tennessee would be better than any prep, but maybe they would consider prep year and then a redshirt year?

He’s either going to redshirt or take a prep year, plan at this point is to redshirt but I know if asked he’s open to a prep year. I would guess the nutrition and strength at Tennessee would be better than any prep, but maybe they would consider prep year and then a redshirt year?

The reason I asked the question is I overheard at the state tourney what I thought was family saying he believed that he was going to prep school at the staffs wishes.

I could have misunderstood so tifwiw

The reason I asked the question is I overheard at the state tourney what I thought was family saying he believed that he was going to prep school at the staffs wishes.

Would be interesting to know, if that is the case would definitely imply that the staff is looking to take at least 2 this spring at a minimum.

I know it’s something Pember has said he’s willing to do if the staff wants him to but to this point it hasn’t sounded likely, but maybe Vols recent success has changed their position with some instant impact guys and they’re reconsidering.

Reactions: CAVPUT

Would be awesome for us to get Kyree, then Pember take a prep year, Kent transfer and then we get a grad transfer post player.

Would be interesting to know, if that is the case would definitely imply that the staff is looking to take at least 2 this spring at a minimum.

I know it’s something Pember has said he’s willing to do if the staff wants him to but to this point it hasn’t sounded likely, but maybe Vols recent success has changed their position with some instant impact guys and they’re reconsidering.

I've been saying for weeks now we are looking for 2. This could be why

I’m not a big believer in Pember as a guy that will play consistent minutes, but I would hate to have two guys redshirting for non injury purposes in Pember and Gaines. Only leaves you with 11 scholarship players.

Reactions: Stoked
I’m not a big believer in Pember as a guy that will play consistent minutes, but I would hate to have two guys redshirting for non injury purposes in Pember and Gaines. Only leaves you with 11 scholarship players.
I agree. We only have what 10 scholarship players this year? This has hurt us this year.

VN Store

Back