2019 NBA Offseason - Beastmode Cowboy Edition

Think I could get behind a late second for him. Bench bigs don’t need to score.

I don't want to trash Alexander, but I just don't see him hacking it in the NBA. He's not very strong, and he doesn't have the athleticism or coordination to make up for that fact. A big red flag is that he didn't seem to get better at anything between his junior and senior year.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Huff already pretty nailed it. I think fringe guys need at least 1 thing you can look at to build around. Kyle was a decent shot blocker, but I don't think that translates to the next level for the reasons Huff mentioned. Or fringe guys need "potential" to grow as a player and I think Kyle, based on the things Huff mentioned, is just at his ceiling TBH.

I appreciate that Kyle was a piece on make us relevant again, but his future is definitely overseas. IMO

Huff already pretty nailed it. I think fringe guys need at least 1 thing you can look at to build around. Kyle was a decent shot blocker, but I don't think that translates to the next level for the reasons Huff mentioned. Or fringe guys need "potential" to grow as a player and I think Kyle, based on the things Huff mentioned, is just at his ceiling TBH.

I appreciate that Kyle was a piece on make us relevant again, but his future is definitely overseas. IMO

I could mayyyybbbeeeeee see him as like a guy who backups an elite center and you play him 12-15 MPG at most (like Zaza this year) but his lack of one elite skill really hurts him. I don’t believe he’s a rotation player in the NBA.

I don't want to trash Alexander, but I just don't see him hacking it in the NBA. He's not very strong, and he doesn't have the athleticism or coordination to make up for that fact. A big red flag is that he didn't seem to get better at anything between his junior and senior year.

I don’t necessarily disagree, just wouldn’t be stunned to see him sneak in the last few picks.

Think he could be a fairly good pick and roll rim runner. Barnes’ 1999 offense didn’t necessarily accentuate any of those strengths.

I could mayyyybbbeeeeee see him as like a guy who backups an elite center and you play him 12-15 MPG at most (like Zaza this year) but his lack of one elite skill really hurts him. I don’t believe he’s a rotation player in the NBA.

Maybe, he would need to bulk up a lot for that role, I just think he would get pushed around a lot in the NBA. He doesn't seem very strong, or have a particularly strong base or play with leverage well, which is how the Zazas of the world make it. JMO

I don’t necessarily disagree, just wouldn’t be stunned to see him sneak in the last few picks.

Think he could be a fairly good pick and roll rim runner. Barnes’ 1999 offense didn’t necessarily accentuate any of those strengths.

He can shoot a little bit, and that would need to come around for him to find a place in the NBA.

Maybe, he would need to bulk up a lot for that role, I just think he would get pushed around a lot in the NBA. He doesn't seem very strong, or have a particularly strong base or play with leverage well, which is how the Zazas of the world make it. JMO

I will say this. He’s got good touch and was restricted shooting the ball. I think he can hit 3’s. If he can somehow bulk up to 230 and block shots he could have a chance.

True, he's just so awkward. I hope he makes it, but I just don't like his chances. Absolutely no shame in making a lot of money overseas either. Always hate it when I see people use that as a negative, not that any of us do, just saying.

I will say this. He’s got good touch and was restricted shooting the ball. I think he can hit 3’s. If he can somehow bulk up to 230 and block shots he could have a chance.

He does have decent touch, so yeah I could see that.

True, he's just so awkward. I hope he makes it, but I just don't like his chances. Absolutely no shame in making a lot of money overseas either. Always hate it when I see people use that as a negative, not that any of us do, just saying.

You should go overseas.

Draft Express had him sneaking into the first round earlier this year (they now have him undrafted.) The tools are there and my bet is teams see it.

I don’t know why teams picking in the 50’s wouldn’t take a chance.

I honestly don't keep up with the draft, is Bone keeping his name in the draft?

I honestly don't keep up with the draft, is Bone keeping his name in the draft?

Nothing official but every report suggests yes he’s done with college. He’s starting to get some talk about second round

Nothing official but every report suggests yes he’s done with college. He’s starting to get some talk about second round

Kind of weird that he's staying being maybe a second rounder. Grades maybe? He needs work but I really like Bone. We better hope Josiah James is great or we are in trouble next year.

If Bone isn't getting first round talk, he should stay. I think you need to be at least getting first-round consideration to leave early. I wonder if he's anticipating a good showing at the combine. If he's a +6 wingspan guy, that could make him leap up draft boards.

I'm not saying it is, but grades or finances can push a kid to stay in the draft no matter what. Or maybe he just hired Hopson's old agent.

One thing about this draft is it's very short on PG's. Of all the guys I'm typically seeing in the top 40, only a few look like true PG's and a few more combo guards. Lots of wings, forwards, and bigs.

Fair point, but at the same time I can't think of many teams that PG is their first or even second biggest need. Sure teams could upgrade, but overall PG is pretty stacked even past the top tier guys.

VN Store

Back