*****2019 Early Signing Day Thread, updated as the commits sign

Sapp left early for the NFL, Osbourne and McBride transferred, and an OL had to retire from football for medical reasons (he's on a medical scholarship, doesn't count towards the football scholarships)... that's 4 more scholarships to help work out the numbers ;)
Add another OL that had to medically retire to that. Can’t think of his name off the top of my head. So that’s be 5

Sapp left early for the NFL, Osbourne and McBride transferred, and an OL had to retire from football for medical reasons (he's on a medical scholarship, doesn't count towards the football scholarships)... that's 4 more scholarships to help work out the numbers ;)

Those can go to walks ons from the same year classes or transfers from the same, but not to the incoming class. New rules dictate 25 per class. So we can't sign 29 incoming for the 2019 class because we had 4 kids from the 18, 17, and 16 classes leave.

At least, that's my understanding of it.

Reactions: Andy Pulley
Although Clemson already has 26... so I guess there's an exception to the rule for a spot or 2. I don't know how that all works, I'm simply speculating since Clemson has over 25

It's great we held on to the verbal commits and no one flipped. On-the-other-hand, the players we were reaching for were just out of our grasp. Still, not bad for a team that finished 5-7. Crouch and Wright are still out there. Don't want to, but I'm holding my breath for both of them. We desperately need to win at least 7 games next season.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. Let’s just not get the kid killed lol. The sport has had some really good surprises at WR. I think if we get our OL issues fixed, JG puts plenty of balls where any receiver with any sort of hands can catch them and we have a very very good WR coach to coach these kids up. At 6’2” with 4.4 speed, ya neva know.

I also say that cause we really didn't have an effective or regular KR this past season.

Reactions: T Dog
I believe Lampley will be a guard in college.

Yeah, I was listening to his high school coach on the radio. Sounded like he was pretty versatile at both spots, but kept coming back to talking about him playing guard. Coaches know more than I do, but I think if someone is a natural at a position, roll with it. Sounds like he's a high motor, strong kid.

Today should be celebrated for a different reason than stars. We kept the kids that said they were coming. We did not have to scramble to fill out the early signing day class, The relationships that were built were strong enough that no one flipped away from us. Yes we did not have any major surprises but no disappointments either.

This is the exact type of thing we need to start looking for. This is the type of thing the top classes do, the top teams do, the thing we need more of. If I am not mistaken I would say this looks an awful lot like stability! you cannot get to faster waters until you right the ship, stability will right the ship and the rest will take care of itself.

Last edited:
Pruitt seemed confident in the class during the press conference. I was worried that we hadn't signed a MLB but sounds like Roman is the guy 245 lbs and runs a 4.6!! If coach pulls in the big 3 we are all hoping for them this will be a great foundation class for Pruitt. Last season was a wash as he was working 2 jobs, commendable but a mistake looking back!!

Reactions: trion23
The new secondary guys to go along with Flowers, Thompson, and Taylor. And Harrison and maybe Crouch to go along with Peterson. The future defense is looking sound.
Are they both safeties? If we can get some solid safety play to go along with Taylor and Thompson...then teams will dread having to pass against us.

VN Store

Back