2019 coach's hot seat

Don’t really want to go through this process again this soon. Why should we expect a better outcome? Hopefully, things turn around for this staff and team starting tomorrow.

Freeze, Norvell, Kiffin. Any one of those three would be light-years improvement and would make an immediate impact.

Only way Pruitt gets let go is if he goes 3-9....but as far as who to look at it's gotta be somebody that has built a program from scratch aka Gary patterson

Tennessee is leading the coaches hot seat as to who will be let go after this year....
if this happens to VolNation,,,,who do we go after? i know this guy turned us down a couple of times, buy why not go after his receivers coach, associate HC,
Kacey Dunn from Oklahoma State. Look at the talent he gets at wideout and look at how many go pro. that's from 2-3 star kids and he coaches them up. put him in our conference, facilities and he could get 4-5 star kids....
just a thought
Serously? Another unproven never offered Coordinator?

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
Sure, up to our eyes in buyouts and no coach worth their wanted to come here. Let’s fire another coach and think we won’t get a bargain bin hope and a prayer.
Fairly certain anyone who is wanting a new coach isnt planning on another bargain bin hire.

And youre assertion thay no coach worth their ?? wanted to come here is demonstrably false.

You guys are the reason everyone laughs at Tennessee Football fans. You’re the reason we are hated among all other fans. Fire the coach after one bad game. All the coach firing so far has got us in great position, LOL! We aren’t 90’s Tennessee! We should get back there but not yet or anywhere near yet. Suck it up and dig in you bunch of whiny (expletives). He wasn’t the problem after beating Auburn and Kentucky last year. If this happens year 4 then you may be on too something. Not first game year two
Whether it would happen or not, I don't know, but there's an argument to be had if we ended the season at 1-11 or 2-10, as to whether or not it is even financially in the best interest of UT to continue with a coach with a record of 6-18 or 7-17 after two seasons. If attendance numbers drop below profitability and merchandise royalties drop to nil by the end of the season, then even his buyout may not be enough to save his job once the accountants draw up the 3-5 year revenue projections.

I understand and even agree with your point. However, I'm just trying to see the big picture. They lost their best three defensive lineman and are thin at linebacker. Once again I'm not trying to make excuses for Pruitt, because I believe losing to Georgia State is inexcusable. But I do not think firing the guy after two years with the roster he inherited would be the right move.

VN Store

Back