2018 Record

My heart says 9-3!! GBO!

My head says 6-7 wins,,which will be ok for this first season with theses coaches and players.

Reactions: 2 people
Beat our cupcakes = 3 wins
KY Vandy Mizzou = 3 wins

West Virginia, Florida, and South Carolina are toss ups imo. We prob win one of those, two if breaks go our way.

So 6-8 regular season wins in my two cents.

problem is Missouri and Vandy have QBs that shredded the UT Defense

Reactions: 2 people
Only if Pruitt puts the team up in a Holiday Inn Express in Atlanta before the game.

Does a two loss TN team that wins the conference championship game get in if they lose to two of the high school teams on the schedule but completely run the table against the SEC? What if all of the other Power 5 champs are undefeated?

6-6 is our ceiling this year and nobody should be mad about it. You can’t go winless in the league and expect to turn around the next year under a new regime and win 8-9 games.

Reactions: 5 people
6-6 is our ceiling this year and nobody should be mad about it. You can’t go winless in the league and expect to turn around the next year under a new regime and win 8-9 games.

Who says 6 is our ceiling? Why is it 6 instead of 7? Just because that's the "safe" number? Look at the schedule and tell me a 7th win is not possible.

I don't expect miracles, but I don't think Pruitt and this staff pulling out 7 or 8 wins would be a miracle.

I think 6 is about what is expected, in general, and that would be average imo. 7 would be above average and that's at the very least where I think we need to be if Pruitt is what I hope he is. 6 or less won't mean he's not, I just won't be as excited.

Reactions: 1 person
I honestly don't see how anyone can make any predictions? We have no idea how these players will play under this new coaching staff.

I know basketball is completely a completely different sport, but I'm going to use Kevin Punter Jr for an example...He came to UT from JUCO. His junior year he averaged just 10 ppg. His senior year was Rick Barnes first year. Rick Barnes changed his jumpshot and KPjr averaged 22 ppg.

What I'm getting at is, good coaches can actually develop players. I believe Pruitt and staff can, and will develop them and we won't even recognize some of these players compared to last year.

Reactions: 3 people
I honestly don't see how anyone can make any predictions? We have no idea how these players will play under this new coaching staff.

What I'm getting at is, good coaches can actually develop players. I believe Pruitt and staff can, and will develop them and we won't even recognize some of these players compared to last year.

I agree with your last paragraph. Which, if you think about it, contradicts your first paragraph.

For instance, a couple of months ago, our team was a complete unknown. Did we actually have talent? Did we have a good coaching staff? A great one? Were we going to bleed a lot of players? Anything between 3-9 and 9-3 seemed possible.

But now, we see our coaching staff making the right kinds of moves and sounds about player development. We also see them bringing in some immediate back-fills where the roster seemed to need it most, and others who can help with the team chemistry and competitiveness. And we have bled practically not at all.

So now, I've narrowed what I personally believe are our range of possibilities, to somewhere between 5-7 and 9-3.

So your third paragraph, in action, is helping make a lie of your first paragraph, by improving our ability to predict possible outcomes.

Go Vols!

Yosemite is pretty sweet place to be.

Like for that.

BTW, you look exactly like your avatar. Good to put a face with a "face"..lol

Enjoy the wonders of mother nature!!! GO VOLS.

Yosemite is majestic. As for my avatar: photo from movie "Star 80", Dorothy Stratton's scummy boyfriend who murdered her. When VFL Skyler McBee grew his stache I just had to adopt the look.

5 or 6 regular season wins.

Off season hype videos, grad transfers, and incoming freshmen won’t fix our problems in one summer. We need an influx of tough talent and a couple offseasons to develop it. New defensive scheme to implement and too many offensive line concerns to think we can win more than 6. We don’t have the talented depth to knock off the big boys yet.

Smart won 8 games his first season and UGA was loaded. Saban only pulled off 6 his first year at Alabama.

I know this happens every single damn off season but we should temper expectations for Pruitts first year. 6 wins is a successful season after going 0fer last year. Anything above that is icing and we get to see how good CJP is. I'm not expecting much but I've been surprised before

I know this happens every single damn off season but we should temper expectations for Pruitts first year. 6 wins is a successful season after going 0fer last year. Anything above that is icing and we get to see how good CJP is. I'm not expecting much but I've been surprised before

Because I believe the range of possibilities runs from 5 to 9 wins, I personally think 7 is the definition of "success." In my mind, it lays out kinda like this:

5 - disappointing, but not unexpected
6 - fair
7 - successful first year; getting the ship righted
8 - pleasing
9 - excellent; the best that could reasonably be achieved

That's just how it settles out in my mind.

I actually believe if our schedule had 12 of the worst teams in college football on it, some of you would still say "5-6 max, we ain't good nuff to win 8 or 9 like the big boys yet, we still inna 5 maybe 6 level."

Because I believe the range of possibilities runs from 5 to 9 wins, I personally think 7 is the definition of "success." In my mind, it lays out kinda like this:

5 - disappointing, but not unexpected
6 - fair
7 - successful first year; getting the ship righted
8 - pleasing
9 - excellent; the best that could reasonably be achieved

That's just how it settles out in my mind.

Yea, I just look at the schedule and see 3 that I see as probable/definite loses (Bama, GA and Aub.)Two that could go either way but go ahead and count them as losses (WV and FL).

Look who's left. With fall camp and practices every week along with playing actual games...they can't get better, or good enough to beat SC, Mizz, KY and Vandy? Yea, okay, call me dumber than you already think I am.

Yosemite is majestic. As for my avatar: photo from movie "Star 80", Dorothy Stratton's scummy boyfriend who murdered her. When VFL Skyler McBee grew his stache I just had to adopt the look.

This entire time I thought your avatar was Clark Gable (actor from Gone With The Wind). Learned something new.

Attachments

• Clark Gable.jpg
    Clark Gable.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back