2018 NBA Draft (& Prospects) Thread

Bamba is a beast with a standing reach of 9.75"

Wendell Carter's gotta be a typo at 7' 11", right? He can only reach a foot above his head? LOL

If Ayton is off the board I would take Bomba and feel confident in what I have.
He’s looked pretty good working with Drew Hanlan going into the draft

If Ayton is off the board I would take Bomba and feel confident in what I have.
He’s looked pretty good working with Drew Hanlan going into the draft

If I'm Sacramento, I think I'd be tempted to go Doncic and throw max $ at Capela.

I never know what to expect from Euros, but Doncic has really impressive offensive numbers as a kid in a big boy league. Seems like he is the real deal.

Atlanta's going to end up with Jackson or Bamba, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Also my outside top five sleeper is Collin Sexton right now. With the right team I could see a Damian Lillard type scorer in the NBA. Love the mechanics on his shot, can get in the lane with easy, tight handles. Really like what he brings.

Agree, I like Sexton

I’m biased, but I think Gary Trent Jr. isn’t getting enough love. Not a lottery guy, but I think he’s a solid 3-and-D player that could eventually develop into a starter, moreso than his college teammates Allen and Duval.

I’m biased, but I think Gary Trent Jr. isn’t getting enough love. Not a lottery guy, but I think he’s a solid 3-and-D player that could eventually develop into a starter, moreso than his college teammates Allen and Duval.

Agree. Late 1st round value. I could see the Spurs picking him up and turning into Danny Green

Agreed. I like him as an option at 20 for the Wolves

Also my outside top five sleeper is Collin Sexton right now. With the right team I could see a Damian Lillard type scorer in the NBA. Love the mechanics on his shot, can get in the lane with easy, tight handles. Really like what he brings.

I see his floor being Jeff Teague

Sexton has much more scoring upside than Fox.

I disagree. They were basically the same player in college.

Fox: OBPM 5.1, DBPM 3.7, BPM 8.7, TS% .549, USG 27.6
Sexton: OBPM 6.5, DBPM 0, BPM 6.5, TS% .567, USG 32.9

My guess is if Fox’s usage had gone up he would’ve matched Sexton’s offensive numbers - and has proven to be a much better defender. And he’s two inches taller, which is a big deal in the NBA.

The Jazz are drafting at 21. Of the guys who will probably be drafted around that portion of the draft, here are the guys I feel strongly about. I'd be happy rolling the dice on:

Jontay Porter, C/F from Mizzou - He's a modern big man who can shoot, but he was pretty average for his position in the athletic drills at the combine. If we're letting Favors walk, this probably needs to be our pick. He's 19. Not too many options for big men in this part of the draft.
Josh Okogie, SG from Georgia Tech - He's 20 and does a lot of things well and he's got great length and good athletecism.
Khyri Thomas, G from Creighton - he's 21 and he's not really a setup guy, but the shooting and the D is promising. He's got great length and solid athleticism.
Shake Milton, Wing from SMU - he can shoot very well, he can do a little bit of everything, he's got great length, good athleticism, but he's already 21.
Zhaire Smith, Wing from TTU - basically the same as Shake Milton, except he's only 19, shorter, and a better athlete.
Gary Trent, SG from Duke - he can shoot, he's got good size and athleticism, and he's only 19.

Do not want:

Bruce Brown - he's likely just a 3 and D guy and he hasn't proven he can shoot. He could end up being a great defensive stopper, but we gotta have shooters on the floor with Rubio and Gobert.
Lonnie Walker IV - not impressed by the stats.
De’Anthony Melton - no idea why someone with a freshman season like him would go pro. Maybe I'm missing something?
Keita Bates-Diop - he's 22 and really the only thing I like about him is his length. He could give you minutes at spots 2-4, but I just don't think he's going to be that good.

So Doncic just led his team to a title and won MVP in the 2nd best league in the world. If I'm the Suns, I'd be seriously tempted to trade back with the Kings. It'll be hard for them to pass up Ayton with the fans wanting him, but this would sort of absolve them of blame if Kings take him. They could say they were trying to squeeze out another asset and thought Ayton would still be there.

Reactions: 2 people
So Doncic just led his team to a title and won MVP in the 2nd best league in the world. If I'm the Suns, I'd be seriously tempted to trade back with the Kings. It'll be hard for them to pass up Ayton with the fans wanting him, but this would sort of absolve them of blame if Kings take him. They could say they were trying to squeeze out another asset and thought Ayton would still be there.

He’s gonna wind up with the Grizz...

Zero chance Phoenix, Sacramento, and Atlanta all pass on Doncic.

NBA prospect Luka Doncic helps Real Madrid win Euroleague title

Doncic's next destination was a focal point on many a conversation over the course of the weekend. It still remains to be seen which NBA team will draft him. The growing consensus among NBA decision-makers in attendance at Stark Arena in Belgrade is that the teams drafting behind the Phoenix Suns at No. 1, the Sacramento Kings and Atlanta Hawks are likely to pass on European prodigy in favor of American frontcourt players. The question remains whether a team will trade up into the top three to snag Doncic, or if he will fall to the No. 4 (Memphis) or even the No. 5 pick (Dallas) after being heavily scouted in the Euroleague playoffs against Panathinaikos and mostly struggling.

Doncic probably scared the crap out of the small market teams with his threat to stay in Spain. I assume that's what that was about.

Doncic probably scared the crap out of the small market teams with his threat to stay in Spain. I assume that's what that was about.

Yep - he’s just trying to control his market. If I’m the Suns or Kings, and he’s the guy I want, I pick him and call his bluff.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back