2018 NBA Draft (& Prospects) Thread

I prefer Ayton pretty substantially. I like Jaren Jackson more than Doncic as well. Everything I read about Doncic screams Nic Batum to me.

I just assume they’d take Doncic because they hired his former coach.

Yeah, people are joking about how it's going to be battle royale internally for this pick because the bossman is an Arizona alumnus. I am confident he'll win out.

Aren't you the guy who supposedly rated Josh Allen poorly because you're racist?

I liked Mayfield and Rosen too. But of course certain people wanted to ignore that.

You can't be black and like a black player without being labeled. But you can be white and like a white player and question a black player's ability with no malice according to some on here. :dunno:

Doncic is going to be the best European player ever though. He will average damn near a triple double at some point. I really like his game.

I liked Mayfield and Rosen too. But of course certain people wanted to ignore that.

You can't be black and like a black player without being labeled. But you can be white and like a white player and question a black player's ability with no malice according to some on here. :dunno:

Doncic is going to be the best European player ever though. He will average damn near a triple double at some point. I really like his game.

People called you out for liking a black player? This I gotta see. Link, please?

People called you out for liking a black player? This I gotta see. Link, please?

Josh Dobbs, Jarret Guarantano, Lamar Jackson. If you ever have been in the foot ball threads you would see it. Even though I have been right about them people claimed I only wanted JD and JG to play because they are black or a poc. Then they claimed I didn't think Worley or QD were better than the other QBs because they are white. Just like Allen. Ignoring I was a huge Bray fan and liked Mayfield and Rosen just as much as Jackson in this draft.

It's ridiculous.

Boys I think Troy Brown is the sleeper in this draft.

Overall skill set and length are good. He gets a lot of buckets by overpowering guys off the dribble, but not sure how that will translate in the NBA. I don't like the shooting stats at all and he doesn't seem to have blow-by speed.

What's the deal with Freak's little bro? Why is he not getting lottery talk with those measurables? I don't really know anything about him.

Bamba is a beast with a standing reach of 9.75"

Wendell Carter's gotta be a typo at 7' 11", right? He can only reach a foot above his head? LOL

I like Ayton #1 right now. I need to see more of Doncic before I really get a feel of his potential. Not a ton of franchise guys but the quality of the depth in this draft is crazy. You’ll get a good player who can contribute quickly at #20

Also my outside top five sleeper is Collin Sexton right now. With the right team I could see a Damian Lillard type scorer in the NBA. Love the mechanics on his shot, can get in the lane with easy, tight handles. Really like what he brings.

Reactions: 1 person
Boogie Cousins unfollowed the Pelicans and followed Paul George and Julius Randle. As a jazz fan, the Lakers spending their cap on those 2 would be best case scenario.

JMO, I think LeBron opts out but signs a two year deal with Cleveland with an opt out after 2019.

I think the Clippers trade for Kawhi at the draft then convince LeBron to sign with them.

Jerry West is a boss.

Well the balance of power is likely to shift in the next 3-4 years to the east.

JMO, I think LeBron opts out but signs a two year deal with Cleveland with an opt out after 2019.

I don't think there is any destination that makes a ton of sense. I think if Miami were in a better place, that would be really enticing. The only teams he could join and possibly beat GSW with would be Houston, San Antonio, Toronto, New Orleans, Denver, Utah, Boston, or Philly, and I can't see him going to any of those spots. I think he wants to be in NY or LA, but the Lakers and Knicks just aren't good enough and the Clippers are 2nd fiddle.

The thing Lebron loved about Kyrie is he could totally take plays off and let Kyrie work iso. Like you say, he stays a year and they see what Trae Young can do to alleviate some of that offense. Give him a year to see what he's got and then fish or cut bait.

Obviously this isn't going to happen because Kyrie doesn't want to play with Lebron, but how cold-blooded would it be for Ainge to trade Gordon Hayward for Lebron? I wouldn't put it past him.

Also my outside top five sleeper is Collin Sexton right now. With the right team I could see a Damian Lillard type scorer in the NBA. Love the mechanics on his shot, can get in the lane with easy, tight handles. Really like what he brings.

I’m out on Sexton. I thought he was essentially DeAaron Fox 2.0 but only being 6’1” severely limits his upside.

VN Store

Back