2018 Midterm Election Thread

I think that's expected to pass, right? I think it needs 60% approval, but last I saw it was polling above 70%.
Not sure I actually don't really follow politics too closely down here. Its Florida after all...

I did vote to NOT end dog racing!

I just early voted. Compared to 2016, we are down a little, that was a presidential election. Compared to 2014, for the last midterm. we are triple the amount of voters at my polling place.

Dem Congressional Candidate Tells GOP Opponent To 'F*** Off' During Debate. In A Synagogue.

A Democratic congressional candidate in Pennsylvania, debating in a synagogue with his GOP opponent before an audience, used language you don’t often hear in a religious setting, telling his opponent to “f*** off.”

Scott Wallace, running against GOP Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, shocked the audience at Congregation Tifereth Israel in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, as the two candidates stood on the platform normally used for reading the Torah.

Fitzpatrick told WBCB, “Ironically, there was a later question about the need for civility in politics. Well, a good start is to not use vulgarities in the sanctuary of a synagogue in the middle of a congressional debate.”

WBCB reported, “In addition to Fitzpatrick, people in the synagogue and the moderator took exception with Wallace’s obscenity.”

Dem Congressional Candidate Tells GOP Opponent To 'F*** Off' During Debate. In A Synagogue.

A Democratic congressional candidate in Pennsylvania, debating in a synagogue with his GOP opponent before an audience, used language you don’t often hear in a religious setting, telling his opponent to “f*** off.”

Scott Wallace, running against GOP Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick, shocked the audience at Congregation Tifereth Israel in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, as the two candidates stood on the platform normally used for reading the Torah.

Fitzpatrick told WBCB, “Ironically, there was a later question about the need for civility in politics. Well, a good start is to not use vulgarities in the sanctuary of a synagogue in the middle of a congressional debate.”

WBCB reported, “In addition to Fitzpatrick, people in the synagogue and the moderator took exception with Wallace’s obscenity.”

You know, video is often helpful with these kinds of things.

Disgustingly Racist Robocall Goes Out Against Andrew Gillum In Florida | HuffPost

A white supremacist website in Idaho is sending out an extremely racist robocall against Florida Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum.
Voters in Florida received the robocall on Tuesday, and HuffPost obtained audio of the recording. Speaking in an exaggerated minstrel dialect, an actor pretends to be Gillum, saying: “Well hello there. I is the Negro Andrew Gillum, and I be asking you to make me governor of this here state of Florida.”
Minstrel music plays in the background, and a monkey screeches occasionally to refer to Gillum, who is the mayor of Tallahassee.
The ad says Gillum’s health care plan will be quite cheap, because he’ll just give chicken feet to people as medicine. It talks about how Jewish people are going to vote for him, because Jews are “the ones that been putting Negroes in charge over the white folk, just like they done after the Civil War.”
HuffPost reader Rusty Gordon noted that the music in the background of the ad appears to be from “Amos ‘n’ Andy,” the controversial ― and popular ― radio and television show that relied on racial stereotypes.

Disgustingly Racist Robocall Goes Out Against Andrew Gillum In Florida | HuffPost

A white supremacist website in Idaho is sending out an extremely racist robocall against Florida Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum.
Voters in Florida received the robocall on Tuesday, and HuffPost obtained audio of the recording. Speaking in an exaggerated minstrel dialect, an actor pretends to be Gillum, saying: “Well hello there. I is the Negro Andrew Gillum, and I be asking you to make me governor of this here state of Florida.”
Minstrel music plays in the background, and a monkey screeches occasionally to refer to Gillum, who is the mayor of Tallahassee.
The ad says Gillum’s health care plan will be quite cheap, because he’ll just give chicken feet to people as medicine. It talks about how Jewish people are going to vote for him, because Jews are “the ones that been putting Negroes in charge over the white folk, just like they done after the Civil War.”
HuffPost reader Rusty Gordon noted that the music in the background of the ad appears to be from “Amos ‘n’ Andy,” the controversial ― and popular ― radio and television show that relied on racial stereotypes.
lol. Chicken feets

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

WTF?

Reactions: Orangeslice13

Misreported. The candidate didn't say "___ off". The candidate said "ah, ____".

Reactions: Septic
Reactions: Franklin Pierce
This right here has really pissed me off! This is what democrats want mob rule its our way or no way! I'd love to see these thugs try this in a Southern city.

Reactions: Pepe_Silvia

VN Store

Back