2018 Masters Tournament

It’s obviously a good reason to him.

“Having reservations” is a nice way to say you don't approve.

"Rumor" is something was posted that Reed was verbally and physically abused by his parents. They deny and Reed said other wise.

"Rumor" is something was posted that Reed was verbally and physically abused by his parents. They deny and Reed said other wise.

That's where the whole thing turns really sad. Apparently the mother-in-law spoke on the record about that, alleged it occurred, and really went after Reed's parents for how he was raised. As you said they deny everything. His sister responded with a quote that said something to the effect of he seems like a stranger to him, and they basically don't even know him anymore. Really sad.

I found it fitting that the one player standing near the 18th green to congratulate him was Bubba Watson. In an anonymous poll of the least liked players on tour (voted on by other players), Bubba was least liked, followed by Reed.

I'm sure they can identify with each other. Bubba handles some things poorly, but it's pretty obvious that there's some ADD/spectrum-like stuff going on in that brain.

I'm sure they can identify with each other. Bubba handles some things poorly, but it's pretty obvious that there's some ADD/spectrum-like stuff going on in that brain.

Some has speculated that he's at least slightly autistic. If so, I totally see why he can't endear himself to the genteel glad-handers.

Some has speculated that he's at least slightly autistic. If so, I totally see why he can't endear himself to the genteel glad-handers.

Exactly what I was getting at. And being socially awkward is tough enough without being high profile.

I TRY not to judge people and understand there are always two sides to any story, but if those speculations are true....it's easy to see why he has had some issues in the past. It doesn't exclude him from some of his actions, but nobody really know what he was going thru at a young age. People grow and mature, he seems to be making an effort!

I know I'll continue to pull for him.

Reed was never caught cheating in any college tournaments. He would say he shot lower scores than he did during practice and pre-qualifying rounds. He was busted for drinking several times while at UGA.

I hate to say it, but most great golfers are arrogant d-bags (on the course). From what my friends on tour and my caddie friends say, he has changed and is pretty well like among his peers. With that being said...I'm sure the UGA Boosters at Augusta weren't at all happy with him getting that jacket.

And...the tour needs a villain.

I know he was voted as 2nd least liked player on tour, but he seems to trying to work on that. fwiw
In Shane Ryan's book, Slaying the Tiger," he stated...... "The truth is that professional golf, which exacts a greater psychological toll than any other sport, attracts a motley crew of neurotics. The human landscape of the PGA Tour is strewn with egomaniacs, obsessive-compulsives, manic-depressives, ADHD cases, narcissists, and zealots."

In Shane Ryan's book, Slaying the Tiger," he stated...... "The truth is that professional golf, which exacts a greater psychological toll than any other sport, attracts a motley crew of neurotics. The human landscape of the PGA Tour is strewn with egomaniacs, obsessive-compulsives, manic-depressives, ADHD cases, narcissists, and zealots."

No sh#t!!!!! Hang out with them, play with them.....you will see. I played mini tours for yrs...even the "nobodies" are like that! But they are a heck of a lot of fun to hang out with!:good!:

Well that was definitely an experience yesterday.

With the speed and undulations, I don’t know how any of them ever make a putt.

And I will say, I totally understand where Rory was coming from in regards to restricting alcohol sales. If there was a disappointment for me, it was some of the patron behavior.

No sh#t!!!!! Hang out with them, play with them.....you will see. I played mini tours for yrs...even the "nobodies" are like that! But they are a heck of a lot of fun to hang out with!:good!:

It goes further down than that. Even the college and Junior level players I was around had an inordinate number of toolbags that I suspected probably wiped with Kleenex and iron their underwear. Golf and tennis just attract that kind of crowd.

It goes further down than that. Even the college and Junior level players I was around had an inordinate number of toolbags that I suspected probably wiped with Kleenex and iron their underwear. Golf and tennis just attract that kind of crowd.

Individual sport is probably the common denominator, IMO.

Sports in general are littered with egomaniacs, but a QB in football for instance needs a O-line to protect him, WRs to catch the ball, it helps if you have a good running game, etc. It's a team game, and generally speaking you win or lose because multiple people did a good or bad job.

In golf, tennis, swimming, etc., your success or failure is all about you.

I never ironed my underwear....wiped with two kleenex though!:crazy:

And I will say, I totally understand where Rory was coming from in regards to restricting alcohol sales. If there was a disappointment for me, it was some of the patron behavior.

At Augusta? I thought they were pretty good about throwing you out and banning you for life if you do something out of line.

At Augusta? I thought they were pretty good about throwing you out and banning you for life if you do something out of line.

It wasn’t anything Ryder Cup-esque. But I heard several openly and audibly say negative comments about Reed. I heard some Dilly Dilly’s (although none close to a tee box or any Masters officials) and some other outlawed sayings. I attributed most of it to over-indulgence.

Bubba isn't well liked among his peers and the caddies. It's mostly because he's a class A prick

I guess that's what happens when you're an extremely arrogant d-bag, cheated during matches in college, went to Georgia but got kicked out and put on a Notre Dame jersey the day of the Georgia/ND game last year, he has a weird relationship with his family and told them not to come to Augusta, even though they live there, etc.

He's even a quasi-local (he went to Augusta St and won 2 national titles there) but very, very few wanted him to win.

He didn't get kicked out of Georgia and he was never actually caught cheating, especially in a match. There were some rumors he might have stolen from his teammates but never proved. I see you've taken exaggeration to a new level in your description of him.

It wasn’t anything Ryder Cup-esque. But I heard several openly and audibly say negative comments about Reed. I heard some Dilly Dilly’s (although none close to a tee box or any Masters officials) and some other outlawed sayings. I attributed most of it to over-indulgence.

Ok I see. How did you get tickets? You get lucky with the lottery or know somebody?

He didn't get kicked out of Georgia

Sort of like saying an ugly girl has a good personality. He was ushered out the door in an orchestrated transfer to solve a problem and let everyone save face.

Sort of like saying an ugly girl has a good personality. He was ushered out the door in an orchestrated transfer to solve a problem and let everyone save face.

I think covering up the second arrest was the final nail in the coffin so to speak.

He didn't get kicked out of Georgia and he was never actually caught cheating, especially in a match. There were some rumors he might have stolen from his teammates but never proved. I see you've taken exaggeration to a new level in your description of him.

Yeah, he did it "only" during qualifying matches, and his teammates were just ganging up on him and making up lies about him stealing stuff, right?

Do you really think he got kicked out of Georgia for (only) drinking? They'd have to expel 80% of the school if they did that.

Yeah, he did it "only" during qualifying matches, and his teammates were just ganging up on him and making up lies about him stealing stuff, right?

Do you really think he got kicked out of Georgia for (only) drinking? They'd have to expel 80% of the school if they did that.

You ever heard the saying “It’s not the crime, it’s the cover up.”?

VN Store

Back