2018 Masters Tournament

Didn't see a thread - if this needs to be in the golf thread merge away.

Today's Par 3 was the consummate example why this tournament is the greatest tribute to golf (and major).

The paring of Jack, Tom and Gary was phenomenal - 78, 68, 82 years old. Each shot under par. Tom won the whole thing (I know not all contenders are trying to win), Jack came in 3rd and Gary 9th.

The moment where Jack's grandson hit the hole in one (his first) on the last hole with Gary providing commentary was gold.

The interview with the 3 was as honest as anything you'll ever hear.

Feel horrible for the guy who dislocated his ankle celebrating his hole in one - ruined his first appearance in the Master's field.

Here's to a great next 4 days.

Ernest T. Vol

It's me...Ernest T.
Finau going to have MRI early am and if ok will tee it up. Dont know if there is a list of alternates if he cant go. Last year, Dustin Johnson hurt himself the night before and withdrew right at his tee time.

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finau going to have MRI early am and if ok will tee it up. Dont know if there is a list of alternates if he cant go. Last year, Dustin Johnson hurt himself the night before and withdrew right at his tee time.
No alternates at the Masters.

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay!!!!
DJ "fell" down the stairs........????????

Doubtful!:dunno:

Last edited:

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
...and Vijay goes out and birdies 3 of the first 4. It never fails. A couple of 50 somethings get on the leaderboard the first couple of days.

05_never_again

Always thought that was odd, but I actually know somebody who knows the people who rented the house to DJ. The story is apparently 100% legit.
I've heard that "he fell down the stairs" is supposedly 100% true but also not the whole story. He did fall down them, but was supposedly near blackout drunk. :)

VN Store

Sponsors