2018-2019 NBA Season Thread (Do you remember Detlef Schrempf edition)

To be fair to Melo, Houston were idiots to let Ariza and Moute walk. Hardens D was pretty solid last year, and it's regressing again. CP3 has been (surprise) banged up and bad by his standards. They are shooting like sh*t from 3 and still chucking 1000 a game. Melo sucks but he's about 1/5th of the problem right now. I don't know what they can do to fix their team at this point.

To be fair to Melo, Houston were idiots to let Ariza and Moute walk. Hardens D was pretty solid last year, and it's regressing again. CP3 has been (surprise) banged up and bad by his standards. They are shooting like sh*t from 3 and still chucking 1000 a game. Melo sucks but he's about 1/5th of the problem right now. I don't know what they can do to fix their team at this point.
Just get rid of Melo, it works every time.

So I guess this means Muscala is starting for 76ers now? Or Chandler. Their depth is very suspect.

FWIW, Muscala and Chandler are both back tonight and Chandler is starting. Chandler on minutes restriction though. They went smaller last game with TJ and Shamet playing 34 and 43 minutes respectively. Oddly Fultz played his normal minutes of around 25.

Tell the Knicks that. Personally I hate Houston so **** em, plus now people can STFU about it being Westbrooks fault that Melo was a trash bag last year.

I didn't realize people were saying that. Melo has been a trash bag for several years now.

I saw an article referencing NBA standing around time being tracked. What a great stat for Houston! I'm sure they lead the league in minutes standing around per player with Harden, Melo, and Paul.

I saw an article referencing NBA standing around time being tracked. What a great stat for Houston! I'm sure they lead the league in minutes standing around per player with Harden, Melo, and Paul.

I would imagine they would be pretty high up the last 2 years, they just had guys knocking down 3's so nobody really paid attention.

So at this point, does anybody take a chance on Former Hawks Legend Melo? Or does he just become Sprewell now and just fade away?

Who is the worst player in the HOF who made it there primarily off their NBA career? Maybe Yao? Does Melo take that honor from him? Yao had a career with more consistent quality, but Melo was relevant for a lot longer.

Was looking at the list of people in, last year's class was awful, who the **** is Charlie Scott?

Fun fact, Steve Nash never averaged more than 1 steal in a season, 1 exactly 3 times. Sorry but if you are a bottom 5 defender at your position for your whole career you can go **** yourself.

And ****ing put Shawn Marion in.

Gotta disagree on Nash and Marion. Nash may be overrated but still worthy and Shawn Marion is underrated, IMO. Marion was ahead of his time, being a forward who can defend just about anybody 2-4, shoot the 3 respectably, and rebound extremely well. He was such a good rebounder that their game plan was to have Stoudemire streak down the court when the opponent's shot went up. There was no 7 seconds or less without him, and that was the precursor to the modern NBA.

VN Store

Back