2018-2019 NBA Season Thread (Do you remember Detlef Schrempf edition)

He was defending the 3 pt line. LOL
I’m not gonna pretend I know how the Bulls are coached to rotate but Jabari should have slid over to contest and then someone rotates to the corner that Jabari left. It’s not solely Jabari’s fault bc the center is the main culprit

The Jazz fans are probably going to boo more thsn cheer when they intro Hayward, but the best move is to be quiet. It's a higher road and that would probably **** with a dude's head.

good deal for the Wolves considering the position they were put in. Philly needs to go find a shooter to compliment the roster now

So far things have worked out much better for the Jazz than for Hayward. Things will likely get better for him, but right now he doesn't know if he's 4th banana or 8th.

That's all of Boston right now, their offense is a mess. But if I was starting a team from scratch I'd take Ingles over Hayward. I think Hayward is a better pure scorer, rebounding and playmaking are close, Ingles is a better shooter and a way better defender. IMO

good deal for the Wolves considering the position they were put in. Philly needs to go find a shooter to compliment the roster now

People are talking smack cause Houston offered 4 first rounders, but this is the better deal IMO. RoCo is a solid 3 and D guy and Dario has solid upside, but he is one ****** defender, so he should fit well in Minny...:p

Reactions: volnbama_
So I guess this means Muscala is starting for 76ers now? Or Chandler. Their depth is very suspect.

Probably Chandler when he's off a minutes restriction. Or they start JJ, with Jimmy, Fultz, Simmons and Embiid. Their bench and shooting is pretty bad.

Probably Chandler when he's off a minutes restriction. Or they start JJ, with Jimmy, Fultz, Simmons and Embiid. Their bench and shooting is pretty bad.

They just seem like they are so far away from title contention, still.

Jimmy, JJ, Chandler, Muscala, Amir Johnson, McConnel, and Bayless all come off the books and they will only have about $50m in cap space. So you max out Jimmy Butler and maybe you can keep Redick for $10m? Now your team is:

Simmons
Redick
Fultz
Butler
Embiid

And you have about $10-15m left over, so you're probably stuck just trying to re-sign guys you had (maybe you get 1 solid FA?). Best case scenario is that Zhaire Smith and Shake Milton both pan out, which I think is possible.

Reactions: BadJerry20
45829439_1175154395968087_4869314314508435456_n.jpg

They just seem like they are so far away from title contention, still.

Jimmy, JJ, Chandler, Muscala, Amir Johnson, McConnel, and Bayless all come off the books and they will only have about $50m in cap space. So you max out Jimmy Butler and maybe you can keep Redick for $10m? Now your team is:

Simmons
Redick
Fultz
Butler
Embiid

And you have about $10-15m left over, so you're probably stuck just trying to re-sign guys you had (maybe you get 1 solid FA?). Best case scenario is that Zhaire Smith and Shake Milton both pan out, which I think is possible.

I agree. I think Toronto and Boston are a good ways ahead of them, and Milwaukee is probably a better constructed team. That 5 is a good 5, but who knows how Jimmy will fit in, and even then it lacks,shooting and will have an awful bench. And honestly I just don't see any of those guys as being "the guy" outside of putting up numbers.

Speaking of the Bucks John Henson randomly added the 3 to his game this year. Was 1-13 for his career and is now 10-26 this year.

I agree. I think Toronto and Boston are a good ways ahead of them, and Milwaukee is probably a better constructed team. That 5 is a good 5, but who knows how Jimmy will fit in, and even then it lacks,shooting and will have an awful bench. And honestly I just don't see any of those guys as being "the guy" outside of putting up numbers.

I think out of the 3, Simmons is the only guy that could be the best player on a title team, but that team would need to be stacked with shooters. This team doesn't have that.

I think out of the 3, Simmons is the only guy that could be the best player on a title team, but that team would need to be stacked with shooters. This team doesn't have that.

I agree, but I mean like the guy to really lead them, they all seem like B guys as far as leadership. Even if Jimmy likes to think he's a leader, his past history strongly suggests otherwise.

Was going to play a bunch of Chandler on DK and now he's out, Philly has like 3 bigs available and one has played about 25 minutes. Lol

The only thing I know for sure is what little confidence Markelle Fultz has left will be destroyed by Jimmy

VN Store

Back