2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

Yes we have and the whole country knows Memphis as a FF program. We just are lucky enough to have a cool * beside our 1985 and 2008 final four trips that you should remember watching Memphis compete in.

PS: recruits know Memphis is a FF program...you will come along eventually!

From Wiki...lol

NCAA Tournament runner up
1973, 2008*
NCAA Tournament Final Four
1973, 1985*, 2008*

Hmmm... What are those little stars next to 1985 and 2008? They must have won some sort of award those years. Interesting.

Did you know Memphis plays our #1 rival Lousiville this year which is pre season top 5. Hell we might pay them twice, you think that would be a bigger game then UNRANKED utenn? lol

What about VCU or Duke? They are both ranked too and utenn isn't.

Did you know Memphis plays our #1 rival Lousiville this year which is pre season top 5. Hell we might pay them twice, you think that would be a bigger game then UNRANKED utenn? lol

Ask Louisville fans how much they care about Memphis. I'm guessing not very much.

I would compare Memphis to Xavier maybe in notoriety nationally but I still think Xavier might be ahead. Look dude here's the deal just for this year. Memphis will be known in basketball for 1 game and that will be the matchup with powerful Tennessee in Thompson Boling Arena. It will be nationally televised and the Memphis media will play it up because of course Tennessee is a national program. And then Tennessee will win and that will be that. After that Memphis basketball will disappear into nothing but obscurity for 2 and a half months playing in the pitiful conf USA where your scores won't even be listed in sports pages across the country. Meanwhile Tennessee will play 2 Nationally televised monsterous match-ups with Kentucky and Gameday will grace Knoxville in February for a mammoth conference match-up with Florida. Finally March madness will arrive and Memphis will make a token appearance where they will get a favorable match-up with ST. Louis again and they will get upset because Pastner can't coach. Thats the scenario and so don't go telling me that Memphis is considered any more than an after thought for almost the entire college basketball season.

Are you under the impression that I'm a Memphis fan because I now live in Memphis(even though it clearly shows my team preferences at the bottom of my sig)? Between the two of us, which has represented UT in an SEC championship game? *raises hand Anyone else?

I'm sure Louisville is looking forward to it. It's always nice to have easy w's on the schedule.

Glad I went to bed instead of arguing with this fool...reminds me of that UK fan who got banned for editing an article last year. How delusional can you honestly be...

For starter, since you singled me out and said i don't know Austin...figured you'd like to know he texted me as he walked out of FedEx forum last night to talk. I was in bed so I missed the text, but figured you'd like to know that, since you seem to think I don't know or talk to him.

Also, you're going on about how well never have as many fans as you all had tonight? Another clueless statement. FedEx forum holds 18k, I heard attendance was around 14k....guess what our AVERAGE attendance was last year...just about what your buildings CAPACITY is. And yes our average attendance was higher than yours, so don't bother looking it up.

As for the big east, that's no longer the premier conference my friend, sorry to burst your bubble. Definitely a step up from the church league you're currently in, but definitely not the best basketball conference anymore.

Now my biggest issue...and this is most memphis fans...what the **** makes you think you're such a better basketball school. You talk down to us in basketball, and say oh you may have football and women's basketball, but men's basketball, we are elite..mind backing that up with numbers? Our attendance is better than yours, we have a winning record against you, we actually own our own NBA level arena not lease it, our practice facilities are better...we have been to sweet 16's, we've made the elite 8.....so what is it that makes Memphis basketball such a premier program compared to Tennessee? You act as though you're Kentucky or Duke, I have news for you, you're not.

Spot on with one exception. I could be wrong, but I don't believe that UT owns TBA, at least not exclusively. TBA was partially taxpayer funded IIRC, and is the reason that the city of Knoxville is allowed to hold independent functions (concerts, expos, conventions, etc.) at the facility.

The one thing UT has going for it, is TBA is actually on campus, as opposed to FedEx Forum or Rupp Arena, and at one time, UT could boast that they had the largest, on-campus basketball facility in the nation.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the ownership question. I kind of hope I am.

Go ahead and post a picture of your text from him, just paint over the last 2 numbers, I'll do the same...guarantee you weren't texting him...

Ill ban bet you it actually....you game?

Until mem takes this bet he has 0 credibility, because he likes to brag about texting with high schoolers. Mem and Dooley diesel would make a make a deadly combo. The site would have so much inside info.

Are you under the impression that I'm a Memphis fan because I now live in Memphis(even though it clearly shows my team preferences at the bottom of my sig)? Between the two of us, which has represented UT in an SEC championship game? *raises hand Anyone else?

BTW I am not necessarily down on Memphis basketball. Believe it or not I actually kinda pull for them when they play a Louisville or VCU. Of course they almost always lose to Louisville. I am just pointing out what Memphis basketball really is to the rest of the country. On Jan. 4 they will get alot of pub because its the TENNESSEE game and America likes that game. But for 2 months after that they will be in obscurity to the rest of the country. Now what will probably happen is they will lose to Rice again sometime in Jan or Feb and might make some news that way like last year. But truthfully the perception of Memphis basketball nationally is not that great. It just isn't. Tennessee is alot more nationally known because they are in a great conference.

Yes we have and the whole country knows Memphis as a FF program. We just are lucky enough to have a cool * beside our 1985 and 2008 final four trips that you should remember watching Memphis compete in.

From Wiki...lol

1973, 2008*
1973, 1985*, 2008*

Your argument holds about as much water as the following...

cncchris33 married Christy Brinkley in 1985*, and later, Selma Hayek in 2008*.

*Due to unspecified events, there is no recorded evidence that either event occurred in reality.

From Wiki...lol

1973, 2008*
1973, 1985*, 2008*

In case you didn't know that * means it didn't happen. You've been to ONE final four. And as I said before, UT still has the winning record over memphis.

BTW I am not necessarily down on Memphis basketball. Believe it or not I actually kinda pull for them when they play a Louisville or VCU. Of course they almost always lose to Louisville. I am just pointing out what Memphis basketball really is to the rest of the country. On Jan. 4 they will get alot of pub because its the TENNESSEE game and America likes that game. But for 2 months after that they will be in obscurity to the rest of the country. Now what will probably happen is they will lose to Rice again sometime in Jan or Feb and might make some news that way like last year. But truthfully the perception of Memphis basketball nationally is not that great. It just isn't. Tennessee is alot more nationally known because they are in a great conference.

Seriously, what is your argument with me? I, in no way have represented the University of Memphis in a positive light. I could care less about them. They are an afterthought to me. I've been a Vol fan since I was 8. That was 41 years ago. I have NEVER been a Memphis fan.

^bahaha that is quite possibbly the dumbest thing I have read on this board!

As dumb as saying that Memphis has 3 final fours?

You know '85 and '08 were vacated right?

You would think the fans of a school who has 3 months of sports to follow would know some facts.

Seriously, what is your argument with me? I, in no way have represented the University of Memphis in a positive light. I could care less about them. They are an afterthought to me. I've been a Vol fan since I was 8. That was 41 years ago. I have NEVER been a Memphis fan.

Haha. I think he's confused by the name. We got you.

VN Store

Back