2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

BTW I am not necessarily down on Memphis basketball. Believe it or not I actually kinda pull for them when they play a Louisville or VCU. Of course they almost always lose to Louisville. I am just pointing out what Memphis basketball really is to the rest of the country. On Jan. 4 they will get alot of pub because its the TENNESSEE game and America likes that game. But for 2 months after that they will be in obscurity to the rest of the country. Now what will probably happen is they will lose to Rice again sometime in Jan or Feb and might make some news that way like last year. But truthfully the perception of Memphis basketball nationally is not that great. It just isn't. Tennessee is alot more nationally known because they are in a great conference.

If there was just some way to convey a mega eyeroll via text.

Mind=blown
His-Mind-Blown-Fail-Or-Win.jpg

Lmao membj tweeted Austin and said some guy on VN is saying he talks to you and said you're UT bound...HAHAHA

That's my opinion man, not once have I said he told me he's UT bound, that's my opinion from talking to him.

Lmao membj tweeted Austin and said some guy on VN is saying he talks to you and said you're UT bound...HAHAHA

That's my opinion man, not once have I said he told me he's UT bound, that's my opinion from talking to him.

Bump. Membj is officially on my sh!t list.

He should be on yours too.

Fwiw galilee says obviosuly Memphis is turning up the heat, but CCM will end things next weekend.

Let me add something...this will turn into a HUGE pull for CCM...I mean obviously it'll be huge, but this Is what I mean...it was long thought that Memphis wasn't pushing for him, they'd gave up and it was clear both parties went their own ways....

Memphis and Pastner are trying everything they can, they dedicated a midnight madness to him...they have done everything they possibly can to turn Nichols to Memphis. Sure he's a private school kid, but pulling Nichols from Memphis when they're trying everything to get him...that's an accomplishment. That will say a lot, that will say CCM has busted down the Memphis walls and is taking Memphis kids that pastner desperately wants.

You're as predictable as the sun coming up. Been reading those Mphs boards? The pessimists predicted UT would try to increase their stock now that UM is back in the "fight".

For all of the last 5 DAYS, since you announced the secret handshake with Nichols/UT, UM has gotten involved with Austin at his request via Mphs Madness. Coincidence? maybe, but not the effort you're trying to lay on your faithful. You do have a way with words; always a backdoor for you to use, i.e., I didn't say that about Pastner, I just posted it....

I'll be happy if Nichols goes where HE wants to go.

You're as predictable as the sun coming up. Been reading those Mphs boards? The pessimists predicted UT would try to increase their stock now that UM is back in the "fight".

For all of the last 5 DAYS, since you announced the secret handshake with Nichols/UT, UM has gotten involved with Austin at his request via Mphs Madness. Coincidence? maybe, but not the effort you're trying to lay on your faithful. You do have a way with words; always a backdoor for you to use, i.e., I didn't say that about Pastner, I just posted it....

I'll be happy if Nichols goes where HE wants to go.

Memphis hasn't gotten involved at his request, that's incorrect. He wanted to go to Memphis madness, in his words "it just popped into my head" he just wanted to go....he didn't call josh and say hey please recruit me...josh is turning up the heat because he's feeling it from Memphis fans to get Austin.

The commercial appeal writers have said Nichols is one of the 5 most important recruits in Memphis history...their words not mine.

I don't sign up for Memphis forums so why do they sign up here?

What a bunch of weak minded individuals.

I bet they all cheer Memphis basketball but cheer for another school in football.

I don't sign up for Memphis forums so why do they sign up here?

What a bunch of weak minded individuals.

I bet they all cheer Memphis basketball but cheer for another school in football.

Yea I'm really surprised the mods allow this.

You go their site and list anything about UT and you'll likely be banned.

Memphis hasn't gotten involved at his request, that's incorrect. He wanted to go to Memphis madness, in his words "it just popped into my head" he just wanted to go....he didn't call josh and say hey please recruit me...josh is turning up the heat because he's feeling it from Memphis fans to get Austin.

The commercial appeal writers have said Nichols is one of the 5 most important recruits in Memphis history...their words not mine.

Austin's buddy, John Martin @ CA, wrote it this week in an obvious effort to influence AN. One time, one writer for a specific purpose after Austin notified UM he was coming to MM.

I live in Louisville. Basketball wise it goes UK, cincy, west Virginia, UConn etc. They dont think for 2 seconds about Memphis.

See Bad Jerry is right. Thats what I have been emphasizing all morning that in other parts of the country Memphis basketball is an afterthought. Like I said Vanderbilt is more relevant nationally than Memphis. Memphis is a good team though they just aren't followed nationally like Tennessee is.

VN Store

Back