'20 UY PG Santiago Vescovi (UT commit 11/22/19)

Are you implying he’s being underdeveloped here?
Not trying to be argumentative, just confused by the wording.
I’m saying the players at his position have been damn good and limited his time on the court making him a role player.

If he played at a lot of other Power 5 schools he’d be more of a leading player.

Last edited:
I’m saying the players at his position have been damn good and limited his time on the court making him a role player.

If he played at a lot of other Power 5 schools he’d be more of a leading player.
Gotcha. My fault, I read that different. That would probably be about the only down side to being part of a team that won near 60 games the last couple years. Haha

Don’t agree his lack of productivity being due toguys in front of him though. He’s had deficiencies that I believe would have translated even with a team wide open at his spot. Jmo

Gotcha. My fault, I read that different. That would probably be about the only down side to being part of a team that won near 60 games the last couple years. Haha

Don’t agree his lack of productivity being due toguys in front of him though. He’s had deficiencies that I believe would have translated even with a team wide open at his spot. Jmo
He’s a dang good shooter

We will see more of that this year

Johnson is plenty talented to contribute for us and could thrive at the power 5 level on a different team.

Kent I agree. He’s never going to help us imo
Didn’t you say Pember would never contribute? Are you sticking to that prediction?

Ouch.. that one will bite you.

I hope I am wrong but I see his ceiling as a guy that could be a good outside shooter and do little else. I think he will always have a big problem defending and rebounding due to his size.

I hope I am wrong but I see his ceiling as a guy that could be a good outside shooter and do little else. I think he will always have a big problem defending and rebounding due to his size.
A redshirt would help him a ton. I haven’t really seen enough from him to agree or disagree with ya. Last night(D2 team I know) he didn’t hesitate to be in the paint and at least compete for rebounds. But you could also tell he looked more comfortable guarding guys on the perimeter.

Hopefully UP will get eligible and his needing to grow quickly isn’t as important.

Reactions: BruinVol
Yes

If we get bad news from the ncaa one of those guys will have to play well or we won’t be very good
Props for sticking to your guns, especially since from the exhibition game it appears he is in line to get minutes this season.

He looked better, taller, and quicker than I expected.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Doesn’t seem like a walk on candidate, is he?

I know things will change, but right now there isn’t a ton of room. Seems like Tennessee needs to focus on PF’s.....maybe even a center.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
IDK how much DP and JJ contribute this year. I'd love to see DP get a redshirt year. He has some skills.
But, one thing I can say to sho. Our team has some size when we step on the court. I know this is going to be a guard driven season, but this is a tall team at all positions. Then add Plavsic? 😯

Reactions: StrangeVol

VN Store

Back