1965 Freshman Football Team

1972 Grad

No way. I've heard the story of him hitting a 60 yard punt in the Orange and White game One too many times.
He was a good punter and receiver in high school. I believe he played tight end on offense, and was also a defensive lineman, like in college. Can you imagine a 205 pound defensive tackle today?

Orange Sunset

Two more... One from a dinner with a few other recruits and another from a recruiting pic from the box at Neyland.
Pretty awesome, the wall of fame for your dad. But…….you’re holding out on us. In the picture with the flannel shirt I can see a reflection of a framed 33 jersey & below that there’s another framed jersey with a name on the back. I’ve got a few game used football jersey’s. Show us:cool:

BigorangeBoy

Great list. 65 was the year I started really following the Vols. Wasn’t Jimmy Weatherford the db whose interception clinched the UCLA win in Memphis? I remember his run back upset the UCLA bench and a skirmish resulted. UCLA coach made some ridiculous comments to the press afterwards.
I don’t know why I keep thinking it was Bobby Patrella (sic) that had the pick - I know he ended up with a broken nose during the brawl

VN Store

Sponsors