'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

Awful coaching? LOL. They expected him to play one way and were shocked when he played so poorly... and that's awful coaching? He repeatedly puts the D at a disadvantage and fails to move the O in the 2nd half and the D is at fault? You might need to re-watch that game.

I am NOT claiming the D was good. They were missing players and the DL wasn't good. But they did a pretty nice job in the first half all things considered. Do you really think you are being "reasonable" to expect a DL with no more than a handful of games experience total to win games for you early in the season?

Don't know about you but that's exactly when I expect my RS Jr QB to start finding my experienced receivers to protect that young D. Do you believe GSU had the DB athletes to defend JJ, MC, and DWA if UT had a QB that could get them the ball?

The first part is a fact.

Anyone watching the program very closely leading up to game 1 was shocked at how he played.

Correct me if I am wrong; I recall being wowed by JG's completions on third and long.
I groaned along with everybody when he entered the game. He brought it. Defense truly arrived despite the early struggles. But when the offense needed to make a play...JG delivered.

Not true!...again the game was still a winnable game for SC at the time JG went out and they were making a come back and holding us, between JT’s TD throw..Calloways punt return for a TD and Daniel Buliti recovery fumble TD they put it away not JG.JG didn’t win that game...You continue support a depressing QB who has never thrown over 3 Td’s in a game his whole career.Those stats will not win the East or anything championship wise.promise.👀😂😂

Dude actual stats have proven you wrong. You continue to look stupid. No those stats won’t win the East. But we aren’t close to winning it anyway. And having a QB that lost his job to a lower ranked true FR might not even win 8 games.

Since this is now a JG evaluation thread, I thought I would compile the head to head stats with opposing QBs and see how JG compared with the competition. I added my evaluation of who I thought played the better game at QB in the far-right column. I didn't include Georgia State, UAB or Chattanooga as our goal is to beat Power 5 and SEC teams in particular. While I gave JG the nod in the Miss State game, I thought the deciding factor was our ability to run the ball and stop MSU's running game, thus the rushing stats shown. Also, as the only fair way to compare Bowden of Kentucky and JG was to include Bowden's rushing stats, those are shown. I know some will have a difference of opinion on the relative QB overall performances. But at least here are the stats side by side. The only game that jumps out as a stellar performance by JG was Missouri. I know many of us thought that that would be his breakout game but as we all know the Vandy and Indiana games were anything but stellar. Most disheartening in those games was Tennessee had the consequentially better team in both, but our QB play made both closer than they had to be. JMHO

Attachments

• Vol QB Stats.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: StoVol
Had a beagle pass in 2012. Great dogs. And dogs are family too. It’s never easy when they pass on. I lost another dog tragically exactly two years ago due to it being hit by a car in front of my house. I know your pain. But know that the rainbow bridge exists.
I’ve read about the rainbow bridge,gives us all hope who’ve lost a dog,thank you for that

Reactions: gordonr24
No and no.
So you're saying turn away the #1 recruit in the country from a couple yrs ago. Who started as a freshman at Southern Cal when he should've still been in high school and who was recruited by our coach Tee Martin? Who is transferring because of the coaching change since his injury in the 1st game of the season last year?

GTFO

Welcome all 5* QBs immediately!

Because his immediate eligibility is almost not possible now, and the only way it makes sense for him to choose to transfer to the University of Tennessee would be to begin play this season.
He's going to have an optional medical red shirt to parlay as well if he wants. He will have potentially 3 seasons if he wants it.

Because his immediate eligibility is almost not possible now, and the only way it makes sense for him to choose to transfer to the University of Tennessee would be to begin play this season.
Pretty sure he has 3 seasons to play. If he can't get eligible this season, which he might. You take 5 star QBs if they want to come. If he came here and was eligible, there's a very high chance he starts.

He's going to have an optional medical red shirt to parlay as well if he wants. He will have potentially 3 seasons if he wants it.
Sure, it would be nice to have him for 3 seasons if he earns the job; but his greatest value would be an experienced college quarterback for this season to make sure JG does not have to play again. Anything else is fine, but maybe not necessary. He has extreme value for this upcoming season, though. Without immediate eligibility, that value is somewhat diminished.

Harrison Bailey and Kaidon Salter are the top two reasons. You don’t need a guy with 3 years when bringing in guys with 4 that were hand picked by your OC.

VN Store

Back