'19 CA QB JT Daniels (Georgia commit)

I have just two words for you, Gator Bowl.
Lol, another Vol fan that believes a QB leading his team to 2 4th quarter come from behind scores in do or die situations was a bad thing. Newsflash for you and every other fickle fan, winning football games in the 4th quarter is a big deal for QBs. Brady and Manning have a ton of 4th quarter game winning drives, I guess you think they stunk as QBs during those games as well.

Reactions: k-town_king
Lol, another Vol fan that believes a QB leading his team to 2 4th quarter come from behind scores in do or die situations was a bad thing. Newsflash for you and every other fickle fan, winning football games in the 4th quarter is a big deal for QBs. Brady and Manning have a ton of 4th quarter game winning drives, I guess you think they stunk as QBs during those games as well.

Now just one word three times to reply: blah, blah, blah.

You didn't just seriously compare JG to Brady and Manning... did you? Wow. How detached from reality are you?

Two exceptions from one of the worst red zone QB's in all of college football is supposed to prove your point?

If you aren't an alternate screen name for k-town... I'd like to remind you that it is his turn to use the brain stem.

You didn't just seriously compare JG to Brady and Manning... did you? Wow. How detached from reality are you?

If you aren't an alternate screen name for k-town... I'd like to remind you that it is his turn to use the brain stem.

So when you look up Tom Brady, are there any asterisks by his name when it comes to Ws and Ls? How about the SB wins? Any asterisks there?

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
So when you look up Tom Brady, are there any asterisks by his name when it comes to Ws and Ls? How about the SB wins? Any asterisks there?
No asterisks by JG's name. Those guys have been great almost all of the time with a few failures. JG has been subpar most of the time with a few successes. And you guys think that's a valid comparison?

No asterisks by JG's name. Those guys have been great almost all of the time with a few failures. JG has been subpar most of the time with a few successes. And you guys think that's a valid comparison?

Nope. But you cannot have it both ways. Like with Brady. In his SB wins especially. NE defense held the opposing offenses to way under their average. And a FG kicker won 3 of those SBs. But does anyone recognize that? Does that reflect on Brady’s “record?” No it doesn’t.

The point is this. Either football is a team sport or it isn’t. If it’s a team sport, then every player who played in the actual game deserves credit for the Ws. If it’s not a team sport then you can assign individual blame and praise.

So... when he plays poorly and loses games then it is everyone else's fault BUT when someone else makes an incredible play to bail him out... he gets credit?

Nope. He deserves plenty of blame for losses. Just as he deserves credit for wins. HG deserves as much credit for 8 wins as he does for 5 losses.

Reactions: k-town_king
So... when he plays poorly and loses games then it is everyone else's fault BUT when someone else makes an incredible play to bail him out... he gets credit?

the reasonable opinion sees that the QB position doesn’t decide every game.

Imo the only reasonable discussion of that is BYU, Bama, Kentucky and mizzu.

From my viewpoint JG lost the BYU game but won the Kentucky game. That’s the only two games where his play factored in with the W/L.

Nope. He deserves plenty of blame for losses. Just as he deserves credit for wins. HG deserves as much credit for 8 wins as he does for 5 losses.
Frankly. No he doesn't. He played poorly the last two games from a passing standpoint. Two anemic defenses "handled" him. The Vols won in spite of him... not because of him. He didn't even play all of some of the wins.... so to give him the credit is pretty ridiculous.

He did some "good" things. He did a good job toward the end of the season of managing the run game. But overall, he's a subpar QB. That's at least part of why JT Daniels is considered a possible transfer to UT. Frankly, that's not a great statement about any of UT's returning QB's.... but especially your RS Sr. You don't bring in a former Fr starter for USC because 5 or 6 scholarship QB's on the roster just aren't enough. You bring a guy like that in because he's capable of taking over.

the reasonable opinion sees that the QB position doesn’t decide every game. I

Imo the only reasonable discussion of that is BYU, Bama, Kentucky and mizzu.

From my viewpoint JG lost the BYU game but won the Kentucky game. That’s the only two games where his play factored in with the W/L.

I won’t say anything.ill let someone else say it but you left out one game👀😬

Reactions: Smokeytom
I won’t say anything.ill let someone else say it but you left out one game👀😬

I don’t count usce Because both QBs did some good things. JG more so than Shrout but none the less I don’t think JG decided the outcome of that one but I can understand him getting plenty of praise that game

the reasonable opinion sees that the QB position doesn’t decide every game.
No one player ever completely decides a game. A QB has a far more significant impact though. That's why it is good to look at exceptions in the context of a guy's whole body of work.

So it doesn't matter that your RS Jr QB could not move the O and get first downs or points vs GSU... who really couldn't defend anyone else for the rest of the year? You don't expect your RS Jr to play better than he did vs VU, IU, Bama, UF, etc? I do whether the name on the jersey is Guarantano, Manning, Bray, Maurer, or Suggs.

I don’t count usce Because both QBs did some good things. JG more so than Shrout but none the less I don’t think JG decided the outcome of that one but I can understand him getting plenty of praise that game

Definitely not the game I was referring to and Shrout beat SC not JG.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Frankly. No he doesn't. He played poorly the last two games from a passing standpoint. Two anemic defenses "handled" him. The Vols won in spite of him... not because of him. He didn't even play all of some of the wins.... so to give him the credit is pretty ridiculous.

He did some "good" things. He did a good job toward the end of the season of managing the run game. But overall, he's a subpar QB. That's at least part of why JT Daniels is considered a possible transfer to UT. Frankly, that's not a great statement about any of UT's returning QB's.... but especially your RS Sr. You don't bring in a former Fr starter for USC because 5 or 6 scholarship QB's on the roster just aren't enough. You bring a guy like that in because he's capable of taking over.
He's not going to be eligible this year and I'm not so sure we're even pursuing the kid. The thought of him coming in sometime in early August and earning the starting position over the group we already have was never a reasonable take I feel.

No one player ever completely decides a game. A QB has a far more significant impact though. That's why it is good to look at exceptions in the context of a guy's whole body of work.

So it doesn't matter that your RS Jr QB could not move the O and get first downs or points vs GSU... who really couldn't defend anyone else for the rest of the year? You don't expect your RS Jr to play better than he did vs VU, IU, Bama, UF, etc? I do whether the name on the jersey is Guarantano, Manning, Bray, Maurer, or Suggs.

Let’s look at Ga state. If you want to say JG whom played a very average game that day “lost” that game and ignore the horrible defense you in turn must say JG “won” the UTC game.

To say either game was decided by the Qb isn’t wise at all. JQ was great against UTC while the defense threw a Shutout. JG was ok against Georgia State while the defense was just plain gawd awful.

He's not going to be eligible this year and I'm not so sure we're even pursuing the kid. The thought of him coming in sometime in early August and earning the starting position over the group we already have was never a reasonable take I feel.
It apparently WAS why there was interest. If he isn't eligible then UT becomes a much less likely home for him.

You keep acting like JG is the firmly established starter. He's a guy that couldn't firmly claim the job last year as a 4th year QB over two Fr. He's about as shaky and vulnerable as a returning starter can possibly be.

I don't think he has the talent to improve as much as he needs to in the areas where he is deficient. JG has NOT been good enough. He just hasn't. If he does improve in the areas I've talked about and becomes a much better QB then I'll happily eat my words and a big plate of crow. If he becomes a QB UT can win with against top tier opponents then I'll be as happy about being wrong as you will about being right.

Regardless, the QB position isn't as settled as you want to believe. IF Maurer or Shrout EVER have the talent and work ethic to be starters at UT then they'll beat JG out. If they don't beat him out... both should look for a mid-major or FCS school.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back