'18 NC RB Jamal Currie-Elliott

You can start by just accepting it rather than justifying it and making excuses.

If you come at me I'll defend myself. It wasn't like I picked a dominant regular season team like Alabama to lose 3 games and then they didn't. Then I would have no excuse. But Clemson was shaky all year. From the Auburn game until the ACC championship game.

Kudos to them for saving their best for the playoffs but for most of the regular season I was more right than I was wrong. They were escaping by the skin of their teeth for a lot of games.

Kudos to them for saving their best for the playoffs but for most of the regular season I was more right than I was wrong. They were escaping by the skin of their teeth for a lot of games.

As opposed to getting their $#!+ kicked in by Louisville early on and having their hopes dashed right out of the gate.

Just have a drop of humility and admit you were wrong...it won't kill you.

It will probably be great practice for when your 2017 Big Board is in shambles lol

Reactions: 1 person
If you come at me I'll defend myself. It wasn't like I picked a mediocre regular season team like Tennessee to go 15-0 and Josh Dobbs to win the Heisman and then they didn't. Then I would have no excuse. But Clemson was shaky all year. From the Auburn game until the ACC championship game.

The bolded seems more appropriate.

And how exactly were you "more right than wrong" about Clemson for most of the regular season? Your absolute statement was black and white. There is no grey area, despite your trying to manufacture some to save face. They went 11-1. So what if they had a couple close calls? What's the last national championship team that didn't?

Would you guys rather have Elliot or Teague ?

"Teague gets a million bonus points for being in state."

- VN with the exception of Newt

Just kidding. Both are great talents but if you told me I could only have one then I would take Teague. The kid is incredible and TN does need to develop the ability to take whomever we want instate without to much resistance. We have to recruit nationally but we should be able to cherry pick the best players in our state with an ever improving talent pool.

"Teague gets a million bonus points for being in state."

- VN with the exception of Newt

Just kidding. Both are great talents but if you told me I could only have one then I would take Teague. The kid is incredible and TN does need to develop the ability to take whomever we want instate without to much resistance. We have to recruit nationally but we should be able to cherry pick the best players in our state with an ever improving talent pool.

I feel i have been defined by one opinion.

But I agree with your philosophy here. Cherry pick yes. Fill up the whole basket, no.

And we should not have general panic and chaos when a highly ranked player decides to go out of state. Its gonna happen.

So to make my persona on here more well-rounded:

People who spit in urinals and people who take twice as long to back their vehicles into a parking spot than it would ever take to just back out are a couple of my bugaboos.

But I agree with your philosophy here. Cherry pick yes. Fill up the whole basket, no.

And we should not have general panic and chaos when a highly ranked player decides to go out of state. Its gonna happen.

People who spit in urinals and people who take twice as long to back their vehicles into a parking spot than it would ever take to just back out are a couple of my bugaboos.

Ugh. People that can't efficiently use the reverse function of their car should either only park in spots where they can pull through, eliminating the need to back up when they leave, or just take the bus everywhere because some of us have places to get to and we don't have all day to watch you struggle with a basic driving skill that if you can't master you probably shouldn't even have a driver's license.

Reactions: 2 people

I'm on your side with this one big newt. I got bashed in a thread a couple years ago for talking about not offering an in state kid, that had other sec offers.

Ugh. People that can't efficiently use the reverse function of their car should either only park in spots where they can pull through, eliminating the need to back up when they leave, or just take the bus everywhere because some of us have places to get to and we don't have all day to watch you struggle with a basic driving skill that if you can't master you probably shouldn't even have a driver's license.
I just had to sit and wait for one of these people yesterday. We both started backing out of our spaces at the same time so I was trying to be nice and let the other person go first. Big mistake. Took forever to back up, then had to pull back up because they were too scared to turn sharp enough backing out the first time. So irritating.

I get it that some people don't really have places to be at certain times, but the rest of us are on a schedule lol. Be courteous and aware of your surroundings is all I ask. Is that too much?

Oh and Newt, I spit in the shower every morning as I'm turning the water off. Not sure why, almost like an OCD thing. Hopefully that annoys you as much as someone spitting in a urinal.

I just had to sit and wait for one of these people yesterday. We both started backing out of our spaces at the same time so I was trying to be nice and let the other person go first. Big mistake. Took forever to back up, then had to pull back up because they were too scared to turn sharp enough backing out the first time. So irritating.

I get it that some people don't really have places to be at certain times, but the rest of us are on a schedule lol. Be courteous and aware of your surroundings is all I ask. Is that too much?

Oh and Newt, I spit in the shower every morning as I'm turning the water off. Not sure why, almost like an OCD thing. Hopefully that annoys you as much as someone spitting in a urinal.

Dear Laager

Thanks for the question! That is an interesting one. I would say the main reason I hate the urinal spit is it is a habit that you are forcing onto others who have to hear/see it. If you spit in the shower it is in the privacy of your home so that doesn't really bother me. Spit away! I hope that answers your question!

I had a guy in a pick up trying to back into a spot the other day and he had to drive past it then try to turn sharp into it and he missed the first time so he had to pull back out. When he did that I zipped right into the spot. He wasn't happy but I yelled to him "some people have other things to do other than park their vehicle."

I hope that brightened his day.

Dear Laager

Thanks for the question! That is an interesting one. I would say the main reason I hate the urinal spit is it is a habit that you are forcing onto others who have to hear/see it. If you spit in the shower it is in the privacy of your home so that doesn't really bother me. Spit away! I hope that answers your question!

I had a guy in a pick up trying to back into a spot the other day and he had to drive past it then try to turn sharp into it and he missed the first time so he had to pull back out. When he did that I zipped right into the spot. He wasn't happy but I yelled to him "some people have other things to do other than park their vehicle."

I hope that brightened his day.

Those key marks new? :question:

people who take twice as long to back their vehicles into a parking spot than it would ever take to just back out are a couple of my bugaboos.

Don't know why it would take any longer to back into a spot vs backing out of one, but if you do the research it shows the "backing in" method reduces your chances of an accident by over 80% vs the "backing out" method mainly due to improved visibility. I work for a company that requires it and after a few years adopted it with my personal vehicles as I found it to be much safer in my experience. JMO, IMHO, TIFWIW, AARP.

Now I've got to run spit in the urinal right quick.

Welcome to the negavol world

raw

Reactions: 4 people
Don't know why it would take any longer to back into a spot vs backing out of one, but if you do the research it shows the "backing in" method reduces your chances of an accident by over 80% vs the "backing out" method mainly due to improved visibility. I work for a company that requires it and after a few years adopted it with my personal vehicles as I found it to be much safer in my experience. JMO, IMHO, TIFWIW, AARP.

Now I've got to run spit in the urinal right quick.

i don't believe you.

i don't believe you.

No? I really did go spit in the urinal.

Oh, the time to back up being longer? You're backing the same distance either going in or coming out....why should it take longer unless you're just a bad backer?

Oh, Oh, you mean it being safer?? A quick google provided these;

https://www.safestart.com/news/4-reasons-backing-parking-spaces-safer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...22/AFaJ5e3G_story.html?utm_term=.c206f129ba94

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/reverse-parking-believe-follow-you-must-much-safer-everyone-penney

VN Store

Back