'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

Some people just peak in high school. Just look at facebook.
It can be depressing to see those folks you used to look up to 😂

On the flipside this south-doyle guy that was friends of friends...we'd go to his house in The Fort about every weekend. Huge drunk...silly goofball...would get all handsy with you (yes, dudes)...figured he'd be some nobody salesmen...turns out he was in logistics... bought one truck a few years out of college...started a logistics company with his friend...fast forward 7 years and his company has 200+ employees and is a huge logistics player in Knoxville.

Just goes to show you, life is a marathon. Don't peak too early!

Kind of had some time to digest this...

I'm glad he's on the roster. I hope he does well. But my preference would be for Small, Wright, Williams, and Sampson to completely lock him out of the rotation by being that good and staying healthy
I like all 4 of our recruited backs.

Not sure why Dixon hasn't come into his own, but there's nothing stopping him now.
Velus went 3rd round and Jovonta Payton is still with the Arizona Cardinals through free agency.
We seem to be the home of 2nd chances, and Dixon is as explosive as a RB we have had since Alvin Kamara.

I could honestly see him being our main offensive weapon this season.

Not sure why Dixon hasn't come into his own, but there's nothing stopping him now.
Velus went 3rd round and Jovonta Payton is still with the Arizona Cardinals through free agency.
We seem to be the home of 2nd chances, and Dixon is as explosive as a RB we have had since Alvin Kamara.

I guess my point was along the lines of Payton. The others have multiple years to give the Vols. I want the best players to play... I just hope it is them so there's no motivation to leave after playing behind a one and done.

Right now he's 5th on the depth chart. Him working hard for playing time will only make everyone else better. He's the oldest in the room. Competition breeds champions.

mf now we get to await on NCAA to kich nuts

NCAA:
PotableIncompatibleAmericankestrel-max-1mb.gif

Right now he's 5th on the depth chart. Him working hard for playing time will only make everyone else better. He's the oldest in the room. Competition breeds champions.
Motivation is key. Evidently many kids didn't feel motivated at WVU this off-season. So I won't pay that much mind.

At Clemson that seems to have been just Dabo being a douche. Dixon was a good compliment to Travis E, and then was set to be the main guy but then Dabo talked Travis into playing one more year.

Marcus Bowman- a 5 star back from Florida also left. Possibly for similar reasons ad Dixon. Dabo just not letting them shine. Not wanting them to shine.

Something tells me Dixon won't have a problem climbing the depth chart and will be happy to do so.
Because he wants to prove himself. He waited for 3 years and Dabo straight up sidelined him for a freshman. A very good freshman, but one that I don't think is any more talented than Dixon, plus he was 3 years younger.

Some folks will say "well what about our boys that have been here putting in the work?" Well, he has to put in work too. And the freshman really haven't been here much longer than him. Wright's not even practicing yet. I'll give it two weeks, and Dixon will be either 1 or 1a

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I only see this as gravy. With possible attitude problems he is nothing until he produces. Otherwise, hit the road, Jack. He obviously has the talent and ability.
Every time he scores this year there will be talk of his bad attitude. Wit a arms crossed mean mug in the endzone.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol

VN Store

Back