'17 VA DT Jordan Williams (Clemson commit)

Love that penn state shirt he's wearing. Wonder who referred him.... 😁😁😁😁 love our coaching staff

Reactions: 1 person
“I’m very excited. They are both great schools. I’m extremely excited about Tennessee with them being my first SEC offer. I’ve always have been a fan of Tennessee. Purdue is a great school that is on the rise of something good, I think,” Williams said.

“I am visiting Clemson this weekend. I also have visits planned to see Pitt, UNC, Virginia Tech, and Tennessee as of right now.” the lineman said.

Jordan is going to be considering his options carefully. He has his eye out for a school that will offer a combination that helps him get a great college education and one that offers NFL potential.

“(I’m looking for) a great education and a football program with a staff that can help me make it to the next level,” Jordan said candidly.

No clue what he's talking about with Purdue but I guess you just say something nice about any offer that comes your way.

His HS isn't exactly known for the football, had a stud RB there two years ago but he transferred over to Ocean Lakes to take over after Jaason Lewis graduated.

Jordan Williams shot up the most recent 247 rankings, coming in at #95. He could end up at DE or DT, so he's especially important as a 2017 prospect (UT has considerable 2017 needs at both positions). As already mentioned by flowd82, he is scheduled to visit during Junior Day on March 5th.

“i just want to definitely get down on campus,” said williams, who’s ranked by 247sports as the nation’s no. 94 overall prospect and no. 8 weakside defensive end in the 2017 class.

“i’ve talked to all the coaches, and they seem like great guys. They’re definitely interested in me as a person, so i definitely want to get on campus, see what everything’s about. I’ve done my research on them academically, and they have the major and stuff i’m looking for, which is sports medicine.”
“definitely, the sec part is a big standout to me because the sec is hands down, i want to say, the best conference in all of college football,” williams said. “they compete. They put a lot of guys in the nfl. And tennessee is actually not a bad academic school at all, so i feel like they have both ends of what i want.

“they have a chance to help me grow for not the next four, but the next 40 years. They also can develop me to put me into the nfl.”

“i want to probably cut down my list to about six, maybe five, by june or july, and then i want to base it off of that,” he said. “i don’t want to take all my officials just in case anything comes up, so i’m going to cut my officials down to three. I’m going to take three officials, and based off of that, i could possibly commit or i could maybe wait.

“i’m just trying to avoid decommitting for right now. But, if it does happen, then i would have two more officials that i could take to make sure and just explore my options.”

Reactions: 5 people
It sounds like this kid has a good plan. It probably means his folks are involved and they seem to be giving him good advice. If we get him on campus the UT staff will have an impressive visit planned I am sure.

“It definitely met my expectations. It kind of over-exceeded them. It was probably, hands down, my favorite visit,” Williams said. “I definitely loved meeting with all the coaches. I had a great time talking to coach (Butch) Jones, coach (Nate) Ollie, coach (Steve Stripling) and coach (Zach Azzanni). I definitely enjoyed myself.

“Even though there were a lot of prospects I felt like they were able to spend a lot of time with me and definitely get a bond and start building a relationship.”

“It was the facilities and it’s definitely a family, team-oriented program,” Williams said. “All of that stuff stuck out to me. “I’ve never seen any of the facilities. I had seen Neyland Stadium, of course, with the checkerboard end zones. But, the practice facility, the indoor, all of that stood out.”

“I’m evaluating everything right now,” Williams said. “I’m probably going to cut my list down in the next month or so. Once I cut my list down I will take some spring practices to all those schools, game lists to see the game day atmosphere and then make my decision off of that.”

One team that looks likely to make the cut is Tennessee.

“I already have some schools in mind,” Williams added. “(Tennessee) will definitely. It definitely helped them. I already liked them, I had done research on them and the academic side of thing. And I have watched them on TV and loved the swagger their defense plays with. So, coming here and being able to see things for myself really opened my eyes.”

- VQ

Reactions: 20 people
“I already liked them. I did research on them — the academic side. I’ve been watching them play on TV, and I just love the swagger the defense plays with,” Williams said. “Coming here and being able to see everything for myself definitely opened my eyes.”

The Vols’ coaches, who already had been in frequent contact with Williams before the visit, also made a good impression on him.

“The phone calls, they’re all different,” he said. “When you see them in person, you can definitely get a good feel for them and definitely a good vibe. It was just definitely special being able to meet with all those guys and talk to them and just hear what they had to say to me and stuff like that.

“We were just talking about how they didn’t sign any high-school defensive linemen (in the 2016 class). They signed two juco (prospects), and they were just telling me how it’s a great opportunity to step in and play early.”

“Once I cut my list down, I’m just taking different visits,” Williams said. “I’m going to take spring-practice visits to all those schools, and then I’m going to go to games, see the game-day atmosphere. And then I’m going to be able to take my decision off of that.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 4 people
From Rivals:

"With an offer sheet featuring over 20 of the top programs in the country, four-star Jordan Williams felt it was time to announce his first cuts. On Thursday the Virginia Beach (Va.) Cox star tweeted his top nine schools.

Tennessee, Penn State, Wake Forest, USC, Notre Dame, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, and Virginia Tech are still in the running for Williams. The 6-foot-5, 245-pound defensive end left the door open to schools that haven't offered yet and mentioned that Nebraska and West Virginia still have a shot as well.
Williams does not have any visits scheduled at this time."

Could Jordan Williams call Jordan Williams to tell Jordan Williams what Jordan Williams can expect when Jordan Williams chooses to play at UT?

Reactions: 5 people
Could Jordan Williams call Jordan Williams to tell Jordan Williams what Jordan Williams can expect when Jordan Williams chooses to play at UT?

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back