'17 TX QB Will McBride (UT Commit 12/13/2016)

Riley made his own bed. Nothing else.

Yeah. I didn't recall any mistreatment of Riley. I remember they blitzed the daylights out of him in the spring game because he could pick it up and got eaten alive.

I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to his conversation with Riley Fergusen this weekend. No doubt the memphis coaches will make sure that happens

Yeah, this makes zero sense. Not shocking development. Coaches gave him ample opportunity to correct his behavior. Let him go home and think about it. Riley has even commented that he did not have the maturity to properly deal with that situation when he was at UT.

You guys missing the point. Fair or not RF is the perfect person to sell a qb not to come to Tenn. Even if he makes **** up. That would not be the first time that happened in recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys missing the point. Fair or not RF is the perfect person to sell a qb not to come to Tenn. Even if he makes **** up. That would not be the first time that happened in recruiting.

Riley is playing at Memphis when he was given every opportunity to play at UT. Not sure anything he says negatively can or will be taken seriously.

Why? What mud would he have to sling? He was the one that left of his own fruition.

Recruiting=not always telling the truth.

RF: " you read that article about jones this week. It's all true. That place is a zoo. He has no control and the qb room is lost. You don't want to go there."

Just an example

Riley is playing at Memphis when he was given every opportunity to play at UT. Not sure anything he says negatively can or will be taken seriously.

He likely already has a relationship with this kid. Now he can say memphis was better for me than Tenn. Why wouldn't the recruit listen?

He likely already has a relationship with this kid. Now he can say memphis was better for me than Tenn. Why wouldn't the recruit listen?

Well because UT >>> Memphis.

I assure you Riley Ferguson is not gonna hurt our chances with this kid.

All TN has to say is "Ferg would give his left arm to have this opportunity back. Don't make the mistake he did and screw it up and spend your eligibility at Memphis."

Well because UT >>> Memphis.

I assure you Riley Ferguson is not gonna hurt our chances with this kid.

All TN has to say is "Ferg would give his left arm to have this opportunity back. Don't make the mistake he did and screw it up and spend your eligibility at Memphis."

Sure Tenn is much much greater than memphis but this isn't your average recruitment. This kid already has his bags packed for memphis in a few weeks. I want be shocked if he sticks with memphis.

Sure Tenn is much much greater than memphis but this isn't your average recruitment. This kid already has his bags packed for memphis in a few weeks. I want be shocked if he sticks with memphis.

He might. But it won't be because he was gonna go to UT and Fergy had a sit down with him.

One must, sometimes, experience the rigors of real life in another setting to understand the opportunity they have been afforded.

Recruiting=not always telling the truth.

RF: " you read that article about jones this week. It's all true. That place is a zoo. He has no control and the qb room is lost. You don't want to go there."

Just an example

But WHY? You make it sound like he holds a grudge against us.

Would you guys think Kamara would be a good host for Ty Chandler on his OV if the last weekend before NSD Bama came callling?

I think Ak would be the perfect kind of enfluence to help in such a situation. JMO

Would you guys think Kamara would be a good host for Ty Chandler on his OV if the last weekend before NSD Bama came callling?

I think Ak would be the perfect kind of enfluence to help in such a situation. JMO

He would be a good host because he is a RB and a good representative of UT...

He, along with Ferguson, hasn't spoken ill of their previous school.

Scout evaluation from the summer before senior season...

"Will McBride is a playmaking quarterback who is a true dual-threat player at the position. That said, he's not an athlete playing quarterback. He's a quarterback who's also a good athlete. McBride shows a strong arm that consistently makes throws of 50-plus yards in the air in games.

McBride also displays good velocity on short-to-intermediate routes, but also knows when to dial it back a tad to put good touch on timing routes and deep balls. McBride can throw on the run with his body and across his body. He's a laser-verified 4.59 in the 40, an exceptional time for the QB position. He's dangerous as a scrambler and a read-option runner.

McBride lacks ideal size for a QB at 6-foot, but he's an athletic 200+ pounds and given his skill set, doesn't need to be a 6-3+ type of QB. He can improve his arm angle consistency and foot placement, but he doesn't have glaring issues in either area. He can gamble with throws occasionally, and when he runs he can sometimes carry the ball too loosely, but that's rather easily remedied issue.

Overall, McBride is a quality FBS-caliber QB prospect who could get some P5 offers despite the 2017 cycle being so deep and talented in the state of Texas -- Gabe Brooks"

Reactions: 2 people
From a poster on VQ...

Quote:
Kid is a stud. My son is a coach at the school he is 6. 2 and runs a 4.4 forty great arm. Tennessee has been in his ear for two months.

His tape looks really good. I like the fact that he throws his receivers open. He doesn't wait until they get open to release the ball. We haven't had that around here in a while.

Committed to SMU in April, then Memphis in June. This season McBride completed 129 of 223 passes (58%) for 2,032 yards & 23 TDs with 4 INTs, and he rushed 60 times for 359 yards & 2 TDs.

VN Store

Back