'17 TN OT Obinna Eze (Memphis commit)

Admit it BG, that was funny. That being said I do think Dabo goes to Bama within a week of Saban retirement.

It was pretty good. It's just amazing I acknowledge Clemson has had a nice 5 year run and it turns into a "love affair". I think anyone would admit they'd take their last 5 years over ours. Their run has been very similar to ours from 95-99.

It was pretty good. It's just amazing I acknowledge Clemson has had a nice 5 year run and it turns into a "love affair". I think anyone would admit they'd take their last 5 years over ours. Their run has been very similar to ours from 95-99.
But you have to admit that what you have done is way past "acknowledging" clemson. If you had just acknowledged it i don't think anyone would be joking about you being a clempson fan. You seemed to make it your mission that all of Volnation "acknowledge" it too.

Reactions: 2 people
But you have to admit that what you have done is way past "acknowledging" clemson. If you had just acknowledged it i don't think anyone would be joking about you being a clempson fan. You seemed to make it your mission that all of Volnation "acknowledge" it too.

I've simply stated facts; records, bowl appearances, huge OOC wins, recruiting numbers etc. If pointing out obvious information is a love affair then so be it. I'm sorry I get tired of the, "if they (any team) played our schedule they'd be in the same boat as us." That only holds true if us and said other team has the same level of talent playing the same schedule. OU, Clemson, O$U, FSU would all be able to compete with anyone not named Bama if they were in the SEC, which is where everyone in the SEC currently is.

I've simply stated facts; records, bowl appearances, huge OOC wins, recruiting numbers etc. If pointing out obvious information is a love affair then so be it. I'm sorry I get tired of the, "if they (any team) played our schedule they'd be in the same boat as us." That only holds true if us and said other team has the same level of talent playing the same schedule. OU, Clemson, O$U, FSU would all be able to compete with anyone not named Bama if they were in the SEC, which is where everyone in the SEC currently is.
Oh you just didn't state the facts, you Bruined them and got mad when someone disagreed. Most of us couldn't care less what league clempson plays in. I don't even disagree with you. You guys are having a great run. I just don't understand why it's so important for you to "champion" this particular cause. That plus the fact you rarely say anything positive towards UT and constantly praise other programs. If you look at it objectively surely you can see why people on a UT message board would question your comments.

Reactions: 5 people
Oh you just didn't state the facts, you Bruined them and got mad when someone disagreed. Most of us couldn't care less what league clempson plays in. I don't even disagree with you. You guys are having a great run. I just don't understand why it's so important for you to "champion" this particular cause. That plus the fact you rarely say anything positive towards UT and constantly praise other programs. If you look at it objectively surely you can see why people on a UT message board would question your comments.

There is no we; I have no use for Clemson or their fans. I spent one football season there and made it to 2 games. My roommates couldn't understand why I'd spend money and time to drive 3 hrs to Knoxville 5x that year.

I point out blatant ignorance and blind homerism. The very dumbasses who complain when we wind up on the "dumbest fanbases" satire articles are the ones who put us there.

My loyalty as a fan is to my alma mater only but I'm not too proud to admit respect for another program when they're worthy; even if I despise them. I don't think anyone here cares for Ohio St or CUM in the least but most believe they had a dominant team in 2014. Does that make them (us) fans of OSU now?

KBVol has been blasted for pointing out their WR success vs ours over the last 5-7 years. It's a fact that can't be argued yet folks have a hard time with admitting it. The masses here have come to accept nothing but sunshine posts and if you don't follow suit you're a traitor, nega-Vol or troll. The ability to reason, converse logically and debate on merits has long been vanquished here. Maybe because we weren't any good, but I don't recall it being this way when I signed up in 2009.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
There is no we; I have no use for Clemson or their fans. I spent one football season there and made it 2 games. My roommates couldn't understand why I'd spend money and time to drive 3 hrs to Knoxville 5x that year.

I point out blatant ignorance and blind homerism. The very dumbasses who complain when we wind up on the "dumbest fababses" satire articles are the ones who put us there.

My loyalty as a fan is to my alma mater only but I'm not too proud to admit respect for another program when they're worthy; even if I despise them. I don't think anyone here cares for Ohio St or CUM in the least but most believe they had a dominant team in 2014. Does that make them (us) fans of OSU now?

KBVol has been blasted for pointing out their WR success vs ours over the last 5-7 years. It's a fact that can't be argued yet folks have a hard time with admitting it. The masses here have come to accept nothing but sunshine posts and if you don't follow suit you're a trader, nega-Vol or troll. The ability to reason, converse logically and debate on merits has long been vanquished here. Maybe because weren't any good, but I don't recall it being this way when I signed up in 2009.
Lol you like the way i used "you guys" to get an extra reaction out of you?? Relax man. At this point people are just goading you to get a (predictable) reaction. Every fan base has it's share of idiots. As I said before, i agree with you that clempson has had more success than us recently (obviously), i just don't feel the need to defend them at every turn.

Lol you like the way i used "you guys" to get an extra reaction out of you?? Relax man. At this point people are just goading you to get a (predictable) reaction. Every fan base has it's share of idiots. As I said before, i agree with you that clempson has had more success than us recently (obviously), i just don't feel the need to defend them at every turn.

You get enjoyment out of riling me up apparently and I guess I get enjoyment out of pointing out pure bias.

I agree to some extent but they are in the ACC which in my opinion diminishes their body of work.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree to some extent but they are in the ACC which in my opinion diminishes their body of work.

That's why I put more stock in what they've done OOC and bowl games. They flat embarrassed OU b2b years. I think the ACC will see improvement going forward with Richt and Petrino. Fedora seems to have UNC on a solid path as well. It won't be on the SEC's level but it'll be more competitive.

There is no we; I have no use for Clemson or their fans. I spent one football season there and made it to 2 games. My roommates couldn't understand why I'd spend money and time to drive 3 hrs to Knoxville 5x that year.

I point out blatant ignorance and blind homerism. The very dumbasses who complain when we wind up on the "dumbest fanbases" satire articles are the ones who put us there.

KBVol has been blasted for pointing out their WR success vs ours over the last 5-7 years. It's a fact that can't be argued yet folks have a hard time with admitting it. The masses here have come to accept nothing but sunshine posts and if you don't follow suit you're a trader, nega-Vol or troll. The ability to reason, converse logically and debate on merits has long been vanquished here. Maybe because we weren't any good, but I don't recall it being this way when I signed up in 2009.

Amen my fellow poster

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Figures you'd like that load of crap.

UEMCG explain why it's crap? It's called perception vs reality and he summed it all up very accurately as I said before but I was coach bashing or UT bashing and so is Buck etc. No need for sunshine when it's storming outside. We hv to accept the good with the bad. I want to be back to UT more than many because coaches and friends too rub it in when UT is awful or average and garner no respect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
UEMCG explain why it's crap? It's called perception vs reality and he summed it all up very accurately as I said before but I was coach bashing or UT bashing and so is Buck etc. No need for sunshine when it's storming outside. We hv to accept the good with the bad. I want to be back to UT more than many because coaches and friends too rub it in when UT is awful or average and garner no respect.

Since when is it storming outside? We are poised for our best season in over a decade. You seem to have issues because you disagree with some of the personnel decisions that Butch has made. You don't like a couple of the coaches and you think your talent evals are better than Butch's. Butch gets paid a lot of money to make those decisions. Question them all you want but you can't possibly think it is "storming" when this program has done a 180 so fast and it is mostly thanks to Butch's leadership and decision making. The man has earned some breathing room to operate how he sees fit. You don't have to pump sunshine if you don't want but just stop harping on the same two or three things. You claim to love UT... So just chill and enjoy them!

Reactions: 7 people
Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck!

Pay attention son! I'm not Bucking to hear myself Buck.
giphy.gif

Since when is it storming outside? We are poised for our best season in over a decade. You seem to have issues because you disagree with some of the personnel decisions that Butch has made. You don't like a couple of the coaches and you think your talent evals are better than Butch's. Butch gets paid a lot of money to make those decisions. Question them all you want but you can't possibly think it is "storming" when this program has done a 180 so fast and it is mostly thanks to Butch's leadership and decision making. The man has earned some breathing room to operate how he sees fit. You don't have to pump sunshine if you don't want but just stop harping on the same two or three things. You claim to love UT... So just chill and enjoy them!

KBVol has been blasted for pointing out their WR success vs ours over the last 5-7 years. It's a fact that can't be argued yet folks have a hard time with admitting it. The masses here have come to accept nothing but sunshine posts and if you don't follow suit you're a trader, nega-Vol or troll. The ability to reason, converse logically and debate on merits has long been vanquished here. Maybe because we weren't any good, but I don't recall it being this way when I signed up in 2009.

You graduated from college but you don't know the difference between trader and traitor? Typical of Clemson fans..

Reactions: 3 people

Basically because of the poster who wrote it. You identify and side with a guy here, who gets absolutely ecstatic in defending other programs, and bashing Vol fans for their bias...well duh we're Vols, of course we hate other programs we compete with on the field and in recruiting. I agree you love Tennessee, I really don't doubt that. I just wish that you could see how destructive it is to Tennessee, for you be to be so hostile and critical toward the Coaches running the show. What me or BowlingGreen say on this site has almost no effect on anybody besides maybe some parents that come on here, but in your position, what you say does. I do appreciate the post you made yesterday or the day before about coaches learning and getting better. We are mostly all Vols here, we are not here to build up other programs. If your gonna nitpick...nitpick them. They all have flaws too

I didn't say it was storming right now. I said it was point blank period. As you stated "on pace", but the thing is it has been storming for 10 yrs. Knowing this ppl still want to say why Clemson, why Bama, etc. The answer is we haven't been very good. It has turned for the better but the arrival hasn't happened yet. I have never questioned an eval of CBJ but I have questioned some of the recruits true level of play. More so right than wrong and this is not only CBJ but his assistants. Paper champs and predictions haven't put a ring on anybody finger or garnered any trophies. If a person says anything against the grain they're the anti-christ on here or their fandom is questioned. My love for UT has never been in question so I definitely ain't worried about that part of the post.

I didn't say it was storming right now. I said it was point blank period. As you stated "on pace", but the thing is it has been storming for 10 yrs. Knowing this ppl still want to say why Clemson, why Bama, etc. The answer is we haven't been very good. It has turned for the better but the arrival hasn't happened yet. I have never questioned an eval of CBJ but I have questioned some of the recruits true level of play. More so right than wrong and this is not only CBJ but his assistants. Paper champs and predictions haven't put a ring on anybody finger or garnered any trophies. If a person says anything against the grain they're the anti-christ on here or their fandom is questioned. My love for UT has never been in question so I definitely ain't worried about that part of the post.

In the original post of yours that I quoted you said, "No need for sunshine when it's storming outside." Then in your response to me you said, "I didn't say it was storming right now." Those statements pretty much contradict each other. If they don't then why do you continue to act like it is.

You also stated that you haven't questioned Butch's player evals but you did so with Bituli last year and Grey this year at a minimum. Everytime you post your semi-professional opinion against Butch's very professional opinion you are questioning his player evals. If he is willing to take a player's commitment then he sees something. He isn't going to bat 1.000 but he is really good and has a staff that is really good at player and talent evals.

Finally, your comment about paper champs. You know full well what CBJ had to work with when he arrived. Dooley was a monumental failure as a HC and not only left a grand canyon sized talent deficiency at UT but he severely neglected in state recruiting and relationships. Probably even with NPA which should always have a great relationship with UT because of who runs it and where you are located in a recruiting hotbed. Butch has had to climb and claw his way out of that hole with the help of some very loyal and hard working assistants. They are finally ready to show what they have been working on the past few years. Nobody has predicted them to do anything more than what they have so far. They are finally able to show it. They aren't paper champs. They are just a talented football team that works extremely hard and is ready to show off what they can do. It isn't storming anywhere near UT and all the VN Eyeores need to open up their umbrellas or shoo their personal rain cloud away because in 8 days..... It.... Is.... About.... To..... Go.... Down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
In the original post of yours that I quoted you said, "No need for sunshine when it's storming outside." Then in your response to me you said, "I didn't say it was storming right now." Those statements pretty much contradict each other. If they don't then why do you continue to act like it is.

You also stated that you haven't questioned Butch's player evals but you did so with Bituli last year and Grey this year at a minimum. Everytime you post your semi-professional opinion against Butch's very professional opinion you are questioning his player evals. If he is willing to take a player's commitment then he sees something. He isn't going to bat 1.000 but he is really good and has a staff that is really good at player and talent evals.

Finally, your comment about paper champs. You know full well what CBJ had to work with when he arrived. Dooley was a monumental failure as a HC and not only left a grand canyon sized talent deficiency at UT but he severely neglected in state recruiting and relationships. Probably even with NPA which should always have a great relationship with UT because of who runs it and where you are located in a recruiting hotbed. Butch has had to climb and claw his way out of that hole with the help of some very loyal and hard working assistants. They are finally ready to show what they have been working on the past few years. Nobody has predicted them to do anything more than what they have so far. They are finally able to show it. They are paper champs. They are just a talented football team that works extremely hard and is ready to show off what they can do. It isn't storming anywhere near UT and all the VN Eyeores need to open up their umbrellas or shoo their personal rain cloud away because in 8 days..... It.... Is.... About.... To..... Go.... Down.

!!!

BOOM!!! :salute:

VN Store

Back