'17 TN OT Obinna Eze (Memphis commit)

knows the word crap......he will know it even better after four years in Memphis

dX7i7Bj.jpg

Ok, which coach did he catch lying that ticked him off?

Class of 2017 Nashville (Tenn.) Davidson Academy offensive lineman Obinna Eze has taken a unique road to football stardom and now he's using a unique approach to the recruiting process. Despite offers and overtures from some of the SEC's best programs, Eze committed to Memphis on Monday afternoon, shocking many recruiting onlookers.

But for the 6-foot-8 offensive lineman who moved from Nigeria to the United States to pursue an athletic career, it wasn't a decision he came to lightly.

"I choose Memphis because I have a great relationship with them," Eze said. "Recruiting is hard and people lie and say what they want but I was able to believe in them and trust them. They have a great business school and I found myself a great opportunity to play. I feel comfortable over there.”

While the decision may raise some eyebrows, Eze let it be known that he's his own man.

"My message has always been, me going to Memphis is like showing who I am as a person," Eze said. "Like I’ve always said, I don’t give a crap about names and conferences and big places. I give a crap about relationships and where I feel comfortable and who I can trust."

I'd imagine the Memphis staff might have had Riley Ferguson, Kyle Oliver, and Tim Hart chat with him about recruiting. Maybe, maybe not. May have not been a factor at all.

Or they fired a very solid HC because a puss complained he got too rough with him. Then Skip Holtz crapped on the program in Dooleyesque fashion. Willie Taggart felt like he left better talent at WKU than he inherited at USF, after taking over for Holt. That should never happen.

And they are back in a big way this year. They might be the second best team in the state.

I'd imagine the Memphis staff might have had Riley Ferguson, Kyle Oliver, and Tim Hart chat with him about recruiting. Maybe, maybe not. May have not been a factor at all.

Tim Hart is the only one of those three who could possibly discuss with Eze the thinly-veiled narrative that you are insinuating. Ferguson and Oliver both were recruited, signed, and enrolled before making their own decisions that led to them exiting the program. Solid attempt though.

Reactions: 5 people
Tim Hart is the only one of those three who could possibly discuss with Eze the thinly-veiled narrative that you are insinuating. Ferguson and Oliver both were recruited, signed, and enrolled before making their own decisions that led to them exiting the program. Solid attempt though.

No narrative. Just saying that those 3 could obviously speak to their situation with and or at Tennessee. Would I expect them to talk up UT while trying to help secure Eze to Memphis? Obviously not.

No narrative. Just saying that those 3 could obviously speak to their situation with and or at Tennessee. Would I expect them to talk up UT while trying to help secure Eze to Memphis? Obviously not.

What are they going to say? That Butch and his staff were mean to them cause they didn't let them have early playing time? You have to earn it just like everyone else. Memphis is not that much of a threat in the state of Tennessee so let all 3 of them talk down about our program. It's not going to make an difference considering we're miles ahead of them in football right now.

And they are back in a big way this year. They might be the second best team in the state.

They will not maintain imo. Leavitt proved USF could win. It has greater potential for prolonged success than UM IMO. But if CoachTdrivedatbus actually builds them back up to sustained legitimate powers program status..USF is going to have to pay him big money to stay, or a big time program will hire him away. I don't see them doing that. Then it will crash and burn again. Now as it pertains to Memphis you central Florida guys know the difference in USF and Tiger high. USF sits on a goldmine talentwise...Memphis does not.

I am genuinely curious to your opinion on this. What could they possibly say against UT?

And Ferguson has publicly said that he regrets leaving UT and would've come back after JUCO if the opportunity arose.

Reactions: 1 person

Taggart is a top notch recruiter and with his connections in the Bay Area it was only a matter of time before USF got back to a respectable level. I'd love to see what he could do at a big time program.

VN Store

Back