'17 FL CB C.J. Cotman (UT commit 7/20/16)

his teammate four-star tennessee commit cj cotman, committed to the volunteers without ever visiting july 20. A trip weeks later solidified his decision.

He said despite calls from miami and ohio state he has no intentions to officially visit anywhere but tennessee.

Cotman said he still plans to play cornerback in college. An electric playmaker with the ball in his hands, similar to clemson sophomore slot ray ray mccloud ii, cotman may wind up on offense, the side of his greater upside.

Reactions: 7 people
Off to a good start in his first game. He had 168 all-purpose yards, 2 catches for 92 yards and a TD. On defense he had 10 tackles. Clearwater beat Berkeley Prep 44-27.

This kid needs to be on offense as a RB. Too much talent and has great moves and speed. Also, watch out for #6 Armari Burney on the same team. This kid is big and will be a top recruit as a safety. Looks like a Sean Taylor type of safety and the Vol have offered as well for 2018.

Reactions: 1 person
This kid needs to be on offense as a RB. Too much talent and has great moves and speed. Also, watch out for #6 Armari Burney on the same team. This kid is big and will be a top recruit as a safety. Looks like a Sean Taylor type of safety and the Vol have offered as well for 2018.

Taylor was way bigger than 5'10" 170-180 pounds, wasn't he?? At that age and on. At least that's what I remember thinking about him. Dude could crack skullz. RIP

Sorry, I thought you were meaning Cotman. Burney sounds like one to look into for sure, love a big fast hard hitting safety

I hope Cotman stays on offense. He is dynamic with the ball in his hands. I hear he is determined to play CB but his upside is on offense. I really like him at RB more than slot WR based on watching him play. Of course this could all change using Vols WR Tyler Byrd as an example presently.

I thought Tyler Byrd could be a future ALL-SEC CB but I guess he is needed more at WR right now. Could change in the future.

"Cotman had a monster game in Central Catholic's 35-23 win over Farragut. Cotman went for 190 all-purpose yards and three total touchdowns."

- VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Kind of surprised he hasn't gotten a bump to 4 star yet. As trivial as this sounds, Cotman is ranked #346 overall. At ranking #330 a player gets ranked a "4 star". I know that this doesn't really matter because if he's talented he's talented, but if other top recruits see 4 and 5 star guys committing to a school, they are attracted to that.

He needs to be anyway IMO. Start him on offense and move Byrd to defense.

Bold above. NO WAY! He's better fitted as a WR & what will be a return guy starting next year. We will have DB's & be fine there. Byrd should stay at WR. He's a playmaker. Thanks!

I also like Byrd in the slot. He's a taller more athletic Pig Howard that fits perfectly into CBJ's offense. I hope to see lots more of him.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't forget about the speedsters in Perry (assuming hes still here) and Latrell Williams in the slot.

VN Store

Back