'17 FL CB C.J. Cotman (UT commit 7/20/16)

We need depth in the secondary, who are our cornerbacks after Foreman and Sutton leave? Mosely, Justin Martin and Buchanon? That is what we're looking at, with Osbourne possibly playing a role next year. Moving Byrd to defense, where he was one of the top 10 CBs in the nation coming out of high school, makes total sense Tyler Byrd, Naples, Cornerback. Now you'd have Mosely/Byrd/Buchanon/Martin/Osbourne to choose from.

Let Cotman stay on offense, and at slot receiver spot you've got Josh Smith, Vincent Perry, Latrell Williams and CJ Cotman. This makes sense.

Reactions: 1 person
I see people say that, but I see the same thing on offense.

No doubt. But I see other guys on offense who can produce in his role as slot WR. I'm worried that we don't have any true top-level SEC corners on the roster next year with Sutton and Foreman gone. Unless we sign somebody capable of starting day one, somebody on the roster will have to step up. I think Byrd could be our best bet, because I'm not especially high on the rest of our returning CBs.

Reactions: 1 person
Sign a 2 out of 3 combination of Wade/Corker/Henderson and we'll be set for a while having Osbourne and Buchanon as the youngsters on the roster. Still would like to see DJ Henderson contribute before he's out of eligibility.

The greatest coach in the history of this program put his best players on defense. I know some will say that times have changed, but defense still wins championships in this league. Byrd, Warrior, Jennings and Gaulden would be a no fly zone. Would just need to figure out the other corner.

The greatest coach in the history of this program put his best players on defense. I know some will say that times have changed, but defense still wins championships in this league. Byrd, Warrior, Jennings and Gaulden would be a no fly zone. Would just need to figure out the other corner.

Gaulden needs to be a safety he's horrible in coverage

I don't agree with that article bashing Gaulden. He has been matched up against playmakers like Powell, McKenzie, and Kirk and done a great job. I also question the stats. He is allowing a 70% completion rate? When? In the few times PFF has graded our games he is in the top defenders list.

Bring in Wade, Corker and Lubruzza and let them duke it out with Moseley and Martin.

Dominated and I think CB is a bigger need than WR for a playmaker.

I agree with all this.

Byrd is probably the best CB and WR we have. Moseley has settled in, but he's not a game changer. Martin? Smh..

Terrel Bailey is a real prospect. I expect him to push Buchanan and Osborne. And Osborne is more of nickel than cover CB. I thinkwe'll be good at CB.

But Byrd is pretty vital to our offense. Funny thing is... He's a better safety than any other position.

I don't know if we can afford to take away such a playmaker on offense.

I agree with all this.

Byrd is probably the best CB and WR we have. Moseley has settled in, but he's not a game changer. Martin? Smh..

Terrel Bailey is a real prospect. I expect him to push Buchanan and Osborne. And Osborne is more of nickel than cover CB. I thinkwe'll be good at CB.

But Byrd is pretty vital to our offense. Funny thing is... He's a better safety than any other position.

I don't know if we can afford to take away such a playmaker on offense.

How could we ever replace 1.5 touches a game.

Reactions: 6 people
How could we ever replace 1.5 touches a game.

Kamara with one touch vs Ethan Wolfe one touch.

Who has the greater ability on that one play??

Byrd might not get any touches but the defense will still defend his speed. Which means taking away defensive help that would go elsewhere.

I fully agree that Bryd is a stud DB. I said as much, but he's a real weapon on offense.

What would you suggest???

VN Store

Back