'16 PF NC Grant Williams (UT commit 11/13/15)

That's definitely possible, I'm interested to see how it unfolds. Obviously if Tennessee doesn't get 2 commits this weekend, which is very likely the case, then it's a moot point.

Don't see it that way. I see it that Williams had his time to deliberate and if he isn't in before these other guys get here they will both get there time.

I think it's completely over with Williams after this weekend. Jmo that certainly might prove to be wrong and if it does I will be the first to admit it.

I think Johnson especially gets ample time to jump on Board assuming he makes it in this weekend

I would take Fulkerson over Williams all day if the height of Williams is really 6'5".

Williams doesn't have a touch at three point range and will struggle with the length in the SEC at the post. I like the kid... He's a work horse, he just isn't tall enough to be a 4 in this league.

I would take Fulkerson over Williams all day if the height of Williams is really 6'5".

Williams doesn't have a touch at three point range and will struggle with the length in the SEC at the post. I like the kid... He's a work horse, he just isn't tall enough to be a 4 in this league.

I've read where his perimeter shot is something scouts like?

I've read where his perimeter shot is something scouts like?

You could be right... I just haven't seen it. If we can take both then I would. I really like Williams... Just 6'5" post players are a no go 99% of the time. He seems to have decent handles and a pretty good eye for getting the ball to the open man so it's not out of the realm for him to be able to run the 3 some.

Last edited:
Regarding Williams' height and looking at the lead photo in this piece, Steven Santa Ana is listed at 6-4 on Elon's roster while CJ Bryce is listed at 6-5 on UNC-Wilmington's roster. Williams appears to be about 2" taller than Bryce.

Averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds, three assists, 2.3 blocks playing against one of the toughest schedules in NC. Williams regularly faced top-50 nationally-ranked players and won Observer player of the week honors more than any other boys player this season.
2014-15 All-Observer Boys’ Basketball Team | The Charlotte Observer

Team CP3 (NC) - 2015 Regular Season - Roster - #23 - Grant Williams - F

Williams is a talented passer from out the post and does an excellent job carving out space to finish around the basket. He has a nice touch out to the 3 point line, thus causing many mismatches for opposing teams.
http://www.thehoopscolumn.com/2015/04/19/grant-williams-is-for-real/

You could be right... I just haven't seen it. If we can take both then I would. I really like Williams... Just 6'5" post players are a no go 99% of the time. He seems to have decent handles and a pretty good eye for getting the ball to the open man so it's not out of the realm for him to be able to run the 3 some.

Where have you watched him, I don't mean that as blunt as it sounds, just curious if you're located near his high school and are familiar with him or were just referencing not a couple YouTube videos?

I've seen multiple reports, I just googled Williams and 24-7 has him listed at 6-7 as well, but I know I saw some site had him listed at 6-5. If he's 6-7 then I take Williams.

VN Store

Back