'15 TN DE Kyle Phillips (UT commit 1/3/15)

Kyle has a lot he wants to prove to the nation.--He wants MVP because of this. But his team is getting killed because of DB's or lack there of! He wants to show that we can play ball in TN! Many people over look him because he is from TN....... To clear it it he is an EE.... So, he is heading to UT after the game. Someone asked if LLAW44er was in the back ground during the announcement.--No, I am stationed here in WA.--I watched as most people did on here. Chavis going to TAM was not a factor one way or another.....Enough about that... And Kyle was never a silent to anyone. He was never a package deal with Ugo. Enough about that. Go VOLS! We have the best D Line class in the SEC and NCAA!

Just roasted Ulysees E. McGill, zehr27, and SGMvol, among others.... Yet they still can't let it go, lol... What I don't understand is why it is so important to you all for that to be the case about Chavis leaving being the reason he chose UT? Why do you want that to be true, this should be great news to you. It had nothing to so with his commitment to UT or his interest in LSU. Let it go!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The East may have dug a hole early with turnovers being turned into touchdowns, but the most disruptive defensive player on the field throughout the day was East defensive end Kyle Phillips. He got off to a hot start leading all tacklers with 2 assists, a solo, a sack and 1.5 tackles for loss in the first quarter, and never slowed down. After announcing his commitment to the Tennessee Volunteers, he came right back on the field to get immediate pressure on the quarterback and had sacks on back-to-back plays. He proved to be too much for the West offensive tackles. When he was not in on the tackle he was causing a lot of discomfort in the West's offensive backfield. Phillips finished the game with 5 solo tackles, 2 assists, 2.5 Sacks, and 3.5 TFL.
-Rivals.

Reactions: 12 people
Here's Phillips committing to UT for anyone that didn't see

https://vine.co/v/OdiOT3BF9vx

Disruptive game, appears to have a classy and strong family structure behind him and (based off his interviews leading up to this date) appears to be a well-spoken, intelligent young man.

I don't know what else more you could want out of a recruit. Can't wait to get him on campus.

Reactions: 1 person
VFL. Breathing a sigh of relief. Very glad this happened. There is defensive wall being assembled in this class. Wow!

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee is my final school, and I'm ready to enroll early and get to work."

"It was just a great way. I was glad I was actually first, because I didn't want to have to worry about it the whole game," Phillips said. "I just wanted to go out and play hard, and that's what I did. I just got opportunities to make plays, and I was able to make them."

"I felt really good; just playing one way was big too. I was used to playing both ways in high school and got a little tired," said the four-star defensive end and potential No. 1 prospect in-state. "I felt really good out there. I felt like I was doing good versus the best of the best. I was very excited about that."

"It just gives me a boost of confidence. Just not knowing, having not played against the best of the best in high school all the time, just being here and performing pretty well, it's truly a blessing," he said. "I'm happy with my performance and it's giving me a boost in confidence going into the next level."

"It's been pretty good. I've been hanging out with them and getting to hang out with them and play with them is a great thing that I can say I did," Phillips said. "I'm happy about my decision."
-VQ.

Reactions: 11 people
D-line depth cannot be stressed enough. Especially when our goal, as a program, is to get to the point where we're playing 15-game seasons.

That's a long haul, and you're going to need a lot of different guys to play a lot of meaningful snaps. This is the type of haul that can get that done.

Voted Top Defensive Performer of the U.S. Army All-America Bowl by Rivals.com.

1. Kyle Phillips
Defensive-End
Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsboro

Quite simply, he was a man on a mission throughout the game. The East squad dug themselves a big hole with turnovers, but Phillips was a wrecking ball. He started the game with a team-leading three tackles and a sack in the first quarter and he ended the contest with a team-highfive tackles, a sack and 2.5 tackles for loss. When he was not in on the tackle he was generating pressure. The future Tennessee Volunteer had a strong effort from beginning to end.
-Rivals.

Reactions: 25 people

VN Store

Back