'15 TN DE Kyle Phillips (UT commit 1/3/15)

We need to get this kid on campus as much as possible. It would be huge to get an early commit from him so he could work on the other top prospects in TN. Kid is a player. This is the kind of battle Butch must win in order to get back to the top of the SEC.

I'm hoping the '14 kids from the mid-state can help sway him. Getting all these TN kids this year can only help going forward I'd imagine.

He'll be in for the game Saturday.

mclovin-chicka-chicka-yeah-superbad.gif

Reactions: 4 people
“I loved my visit, even with the game not turning out so well,” said*Kyle Phillips, a four-star defensive end and the top-ranked player in Tennessee. “There is something different here. It feels like family. I know it will get better in the future.”

-scout

Reactions: 10 people
When Butch gets a few recruiting classes in, Saturdays in the fall will be a lot of fun.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 14 people
When Butch gets a few recruiting classes in, Saturdays in the fall will be a lot of fun.

Careful OCI...according to most of the threads started today, CBJ won't be here long enough. Lol...but yea, I agree. He's doing a job recruiting like I've never seen, and we've had some good classes thru the years.

Still gotta show he and his staff can coach em. I was certain he could after SCar...not so much anymore.

“this was my second time (going) to a ut game. My first time i liked it a lot, and i just wanted to go back just to see if i was going to feel the same way, which i did[.] i liked it a lot. The coaches, the environment, everything was nice up there, so i was glad i went back.”

“the thing that stood out to me, really, was everybody has a first impression,” he said. “everybody gets all hyped up from the first time going there. And i felt like i felt the same way about it (as i did the first time), so that was the part that got me excited about it. They were struggling — you know, auburn’s a good team — but (i liked) just the feel, the fan base, the coaching staff.”

“they’re a school i’m high on right now,” he said. “just pretty much the coaches, how it’s all family-oriented, that catches my attention, (and) the fan base — things like that.”

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah seems smart. Go ahead and judge Jones with the toughest schedule in the last 20 years.

I know it's an incredibly difficult schedule, no doubt. We just didn't look like a well coached team in either blowout loss to Mizzou or Auburn in my opinion. That's all. I'm not including the Bama game because it was Bama. I also know that matchups, particularly speed matchups, play a huge part in any game and that we didn't matchup well with either team.

As I've stated a million times, i love Butch and what hes done with the program, specifically with everything off the field. But on the field? The last 2 blowout losses where the team was pretty much embarrassed has shaken my confidence in him on Saturdays. Not saying hes not the right guy in the long term at all. Just giving an honest opinion.

Said he loves the coaching staff, players, enviornment, and everything about UT. Thig is main recruiter, likes Thig a lot. Strip has been trying to ahow him how mich we need him as well. UT and Vandy standing out. Coaching staff, early playing time, and education are important to him.

The nation’s No. 22 defensive end spoke like a committed player when talking about his visit, using the words “we” and “we’re” interchangeably with “Tennessee” and “Vols.”

“We’re going to be in the mix with everything basically,” Phillips told InsideTennessee. “The coaches are telling everyone that Tennessee will be competing for a national championship with all these great recruits we’re getting. That recruiting class is going to help a lot. I think everyone knew we were going to be down this year, but recruits, that’s what we’re here for.”

Scout.com: Top in-state prospect 'high' on Vols

Vol

Reactions: 7 people
Said he loves the coaching staff, players, enviornment, and everything about UT. Thig is main recruiter, likes Thig a lot. Strip has been trying to ahow him how mich we need him as well. UT and Vandy standing out. Coaching staff, early playing time, and education are important to him.

Scout.com: Top in-state prospect 'high' on Vols

Vol
Wow. Are we taking 59 this class? Unreal.

Encouraging tweet IMO. Hopefully teammates soon.

@K72_Phillips: S/o to Independence for the win today #much #love @GmoneyIndy_Uno @vwharton3

VN Store

Back