'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Hurd is going to be an early enrollee. Should give home plenty of time to recover with access to UT's coaches, staff, and facilities. I wouldn't sweat over him not being ready for fall 14

Oh, I know he will be healthy. It will just be over a year since he would have played. I doubt the coaches are going to give him 25 carries his first game. He will rotate some. We definitely need 4-5 decent RB's. Unless you are Bama or UGA, it is very difficult to play 3 elite level RB's at one time.

I'm having shoulder surgery in the morning for a torn labrum and ruptured bicep tendon. The full recovery time for the torn labrum alone is 9-12 months. With that being said; expect to see a huge dose of Paulk thru September next year until Hurd is fully recovered. Wish me luck...I'm not 18 :)

Doubt it.

We've been at our best when we've had 3 good rbs to split carries (Garner, Stewart, Hayden), (Lewis, Henry, Stephens)

The '98 team had 4 hoss RB's that were drafted and all received playing time. Don't forget about Shawn Bryson who was listed as a "FB."

I'm having shoulder surgery in the morning for a torn labrum and ruptured bicep tendon. The full recovery time for the torn labrum alone is 9-12 months. With that being said; expect to see a huge dose of Paulk thru September next year until Hurd is fully recovered. Wish me luck...I'm not 18 :)

Good luck brudda. Hope everything goes well. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
The '98 team had 4 hoss RB's that were drafted and all received playing time. Don't forget about Shawn Bryson who was listed as a "FB."

True dat.

Shawn took it to tha house in 1st half of Fla game and UF's dbs couldn't catch him.

Also scored the first TD vs FSU in Fiesta bowl

We had talent everywhere back then.

True dat.

Shawn took it to tha house in 1st half of Fla game and UF's dbs couldn't catch him.

Also scored the first TD vs FSU in Fiesta bowl

We had talent everywhere back then.

I was in Tempe for the game. Had FSU not been relegated to their 3rd string QB who knows what the outcome would have been. Outzen was beyond bad.

Good luck with the surgery PrattvilleVol. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Don't think Hurd Injured his labrum this time. That being said, best wishes, get well soon!

Hurd's was minor.. He could still be playing now

Reactions: 2 people
Good luck bro. Hope it went well, and you have a quick recovery.

Yes, he could. They elected to do this now as to not have any issues once he arrives at UT. He'll be 100% in Feb. and you'll see him smacking folks at the Spring game.

It's coined as a "business decision"...real mature and reasoned rationale...I think it speaks volumes of his commitment to Tennessee to hit the ground running at 100%
Posted via VolNation Mobile

he tore it on the 4th play of the Station Camp game...and continued laying the wood
on both sides of the ball all game...there were some vicious hits on Tre Malone and from Tre Malone in that game...no doubt he could still be playing,but that was the end of high school,and he has a long road of playing in front of him... He made the right choice...

I think they made the right decision to go ahead and do the surgery. I wish we had done that with my son...We elected to try the PT and now 10 months later and missed senior year of high school and freshman of JUCO baseball we are doing surgery on 23rd...

Vol 74 how does Hurd feel about possibly adding Judd?

He's excited about the prospect of getting Judd from Ole Miss. Jalen wants to win football games, and getting the best recruits in the country is his (and the others) goal. The best RBs will play. He feels confident in his abilities, but he wants many different types of backs as it brings a lot of diversity to the offense.

Reactions: 4 people
He's excited about the prospect of getting Judd from Ole Miss. Jalen wants to win football games, and getting the best recruits in the country is his (and the others) goal. The best RBs will play. He feels confident in his abilities, but he wants many different types of backs as it brings a lot of diversity to the offense.

Winning mentality...something we've been missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back