'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do get all bent out of shape or elated. That's partially what a recruiting thread is for ( within very blurry limits ). The FF is for the lunatics. A few of them bleed over here more than they should.

The problem that I see is that we have no drive on recruiting younger athletes. I read today where a poster said it is "waaaaay too early to worry about Hurd". Really? Don't take the drive and initiative now, while he's establishing great relationships with other programs? Its just not smart to me. I've read where several other local die-hard UT 2014's have turned their interests elsewhere too. I realize Dooley "has" to win this year, but he's setting himself up for failure if he doesn't take a different approach to recruiting for the future.

This is from June 2012, and turned out to be fairly accurate. At the time, jalen had a listed top three of Ohio State, Alabama, and Vandy.

What I see changing is how many 2015,2016 recruits we're getting in on - and even getting commitments from. Years in advance!

Good times are a-coming! Believe that starts in earnest with Jalen and the rest of the 2014 class.

Sorry, just kind of musing...

Reactions: 1 person
This is from June 2012, and turned out to be fairly accurate. At the time, jalen had a listed top three of Ohio State, Alabama, and Vandy.

What I see changing is how many 2015,2016 recruits we're getting in on - and even getting commitments from. Years in advance!

Good times are a-coming! Believe that starts in earnest with Jalen and the rest of the 2014 class.

Sorry, just kind of musing...

Vol74 "Gets It."

If you watch our runningbacks then you will be fairly certain that no one who knows how to play the RB position in this class will be looking at a red shirt.

Reactions: 2 people
Doubt it.

We've been at our best when we've had 3 good rbs to split carries (Garner, Stewart, Hayden), (Lewis, Henry, Stephens)

Well, the Lewis, Henry, Stephens trio only worked because Lewis was out early in 98 with the ACL, and Stephens took a redshirt later in his career. I think it's very tough to rotate 3 very good RB's. That said, Paulk will probably play immediately because we don't have those kind of talents in front of him. Lane is not that explosive, and Hurd will be recovering from not playing almost his entire senior season.

Well, the Lewis, Henry, Stephens trio only worked because Lewis was out early in 98 with the ACL, and Stephens took a redshirt later in his career. I think it's very tough to rotate 3 very good RB's. That said, Paulk will probably play immediately because we don't have those kind of talents in front of him. Lane is not that explosive, and Hurd will be recovering from not playing almost his entire senior season.

True but you need 3 rbs to account for injury or other/academic/etc attrition.

True with Lewis and then again with Hardesty & Coker.

I also forgot to mention Tony Thompson who was huge in 90 after Webb tore ACL and Cobb was lost in 89 to "other"

Pretty sure Hurd is going to be an early enrollee. Should give home plenty of time to recover with access to UT's coaches, staff, and facilities. I wouldn't sweat over him not being ready for fall 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back