'14 GA RB Treyvon Paulk (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Im for reinstating Paulk, but as soon as AP was suspended, I dropped him from my team. Wouldve done the same with the other players. Because they dont score points if theyre suspended.

I highly doubt you dropped AP from your team unless you're in a 10 or 8 team league. No one dropped him until they were sure he wasn't coming back, because they didn't care about integrity they cared about winning. Same for Ray Rice this year.

The fact that you are comparing stupid fantasy football to a team that most of us Volunteers actually have an emotional investment in, gives insight into your mental capacity.

Reactions: 2 people
The fact that you are comparing stupid fantasy football to a team that most of us Volunteers actually have an emotional investment in, gives insight into your mental capacity.

The fact that you take a message board and my posts so seriously gives me insight that I am at a higher mental capacity then you.

Suddenly my mind is consumed- "what is the moral compass of my fantasy football team?"

Sad part is he probably really buys what he is posting. Nevermind that a real life NFL team is a business. And the decisions made by those that comprise of the team are a reflection of the owner just like in any other business.

Fantasy football is what the term suggests, a fantasy. It's set up for gamblers to have another avenue to blow through their savings.

Last edited:
Winning puts money in peoples' pocket in the AD. You are the AD of your fantasy team.

No. Your parallel is getting worse. My putting AP on my fantasy team is a prediction that he'll be successful.

My hiring AP to play for me puts money in his pocket and indirectly condones his behavior. You're reaching waaaayyyyy out there with this comparison.

The fact that you take a message board and my posts so seriously gives me insight that I am at a higher mental capacity then you.

Well hell then..why didn't you just say "Hey guys I am completely full of ****, don't take aything I say seriously"...also mental capacity means more than just intelligence to me, but it wasn't the right term to use.

Reactions: 3 people
No. Your parallel is getting worse. My putting AP on my fantasy team is a prediction that he'll be successful.

My hiring AP to play for me puts money in his pocket and indirectly condones his behavior. You're reaching waaaayyyyy out there with this comparison.

A prediction that he'll be successful to make money in your fantasy league. And you will root for him to be successful to make money. Also hiring AP will also make you money, by striving to win more by putting one of the most talented backs in the league on your team. Also you will make money off his name on jerseys etc.

Well hell then..why didn't you just say "Hey guys I am completely full of ****, don't take aything I say seriously"...also mental capacity means more than just intelligence to me, but it wasn't the right term to use.

It's not completely full of ****. It's a satirical argument for why Paulk should be allowed to come back, and why people should and will support him. There's obvious differences between this and fantasy football, but everything I just said cannot be completely disputed.

A prediction that he'll be successful to make money in your fantasy league. And you will root for him to be successful to make money. Also hiring AP will also make you money, by striving to win more by putting one of the most talented backs in the league on your team. Also you will make money off his name on jerseys etc.

Lol you really don't get it do you? AP literally receives 0 benefit from being on a fantasy team, so removing him is not a useful response to his bad behavior because it doesn't punish him in any way or incentivize him to refrain from that behavior in the future.

Removing his spot on a real team punishes his bad behavior because he loses money, so it's a useful tactic for preventing future bad behavior. Surely you can see the difference.

This thread......

cliff-gif.gif

Reactions: 11 people
Lol you really don't get it do you? AP literally receives 0 benefit from being on a fantasy team, so removing him is not a useful response to his bad behavior because it doesn't punish him in any way or incentivize him to refrain from that behavior in the future.

Removing his spot on a real team punishes his bad behavior because he loses money, so it's a useful tactic for preventing future bad behavior. Surely you can see the difference.

Like I said, if you have him on your fantasy team, you're going to cheer for him to do well. Supporting his behavior. And also his owned % stats go up, giving him more publicity.

And yes removing him from a team for beating his children did hurt his career, and financial status. But when the dust settles, which it likely will, he will be picked up by an NFL team again and will likely be just as successful as he was before. And few will remember his past trouble.

I do not foresee this playing out.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back