'14 GA RB Treyvon Paulk (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Prolly. Sensitive issue, since there are lots of cats in bad neighborhoods.

1399470314606335.jpg

-Memphis Daily News reports an arrest has been made in the latest "*****cat Dolls" murders.

Reactions: 5 people
I personally have always had issues with North/South bound tracks. Mostly North bound though.

Think FSU cares about what people think? They were laughin all the way to the bank with a heisman winner and national championship last year. Same for us, if we win idc who's on the team. Give me Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, Jameis Winston, TO, Randy Moss, and Treyvon Paulk. Class is overrated.
Truly sad. So many things in life are way more important than winning a few meaningless football games, integrity being chief among them.

Reactions: 4 people
I wonder how many guys on here who say just walk away have been "attacked" by a woman? A yelling match, yes walk away before your temper is lost to the point of physical retaliation. But there's a difference in a yelling match and one where you're getting slapped, kicked, clawed or whatever. You either stand there and take it, walk away and potentially let them keep hitting you from behind or you try to restrain them or try defending yourself to the point that it's possible you injure them unintentionally. I've never been in that violent of a situation with my wife so I don't know how I'd respond. But it's easy to say what one should do in a situation that one's never experienced.

I would venture to say a lot of these guys saying walk away have never even been close enough to a woman to make any statements about the situation in the first place.

Reactions: 2 people
I would venture to say a lot of these guys saying walk away have never even been close enough to a woman to make any statements about the situation in the first place.

I don't want to be an expert on defending myself against a woman. :ermm:

We'll probably never know what actually happened with Paulk, but a lot of you guys are showing your ass in this thread. Condemn the alleged actions, and wait for resolution. Leave your contrarian opinions on domestic abuse elsewhere.

Media publishes a story saying "this is what happened". Paulk is dismissed. VN,"You don't know the facts".

If the media published a story saying, "he did nothing". You think those folks who said "there are no facts" would then point to the media report and say,"SEE"! LOL

Media published a story with quotes from HER. I've not seen a quote from anyone else except her. Guess you never cared about telling your side of the story to mama and daddy when getting in a fight with a sibling?

They're likely the same ones who said AJ shouldn't have put himself in a situation that potentially resulted in consensual sex either. Moral of the story is stay away from women, they're nothing but trouble.

Reactions: 5 people
Media publishes a story saying "this is what happened". Paulk is dismissed. VN,"You don't know the facts".

If the media published a story saying, "he did nothing". You think those folks who said "there are no facts" would then point to the media report and say,"SEE"! LOL

Media is not an adversarial system. They don't always report both sides. The court of law is an adversarial system where each side can put on proof and ask questions.

Am I really having to type this? Do you really believe everything you read? Because I can tell you that they get many things wrong. WTH?

We'll probably never know what actually happened with Paulk, but a lot of you guys are showing your ass in this thread. Condemn the alleged actions, and wait for resolution. Leave your contrarian opinions on domestic abuse elsewhere.

Contrarian opinions on domestic abuse? Because only men can abuse woman, and not the other way around?

I for one, have not offered any opinion positing that Paulk did or did not do anything worthy of charges or dismissal or reinstatement or exoneration, merely that many situations are not as simple as "boy hit girl, boy bad, girl good".

If Paulk did what was claimed by some, boot him. If the situation was more nuanced, let's allow a more nuanced approach. The staff's immediate dismissal suggests the former, but if he ends up being reinstated, I'm hoping that VN can get behind the kid. Is that contrarian?

Contrarian opinions on domestic abuse? Because only men can abuse woman, and not the other way around?

I for one, have not offered any opinion positing that Paulk did or did not do anything worthy of charges or dismissal or reinstatement or exoneration, merely that many situations are not as simple as "boy hit girl, boy bad, girl good".

If Paulk did what was claimed by some, boot him. If the situation was more nuanced, let's allow a more nuanced approach. The staff's immediate dismissal suggests the former, but if he ends up being reinstated, I'm hoping that VN can get behind the kid. Is that contrarian?

You're operating under hypotheticals without cause. Of course each event in life carries nuance, I'm just saying there's no reason to debate the grey area of domestic abuse with the details we have specific to this situation. Wait for resolution.

Media is not an adversarial system. They don't always report both sides. The court of law is an adversarial system where each side can put on proof and ask questions.

Am I really having to type this? Do you really believe everything you read? Because I can tell you that they get many things wrong. WTH?

If he is reinstated then I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that he did not do what was initially reported. If that is the case then yes I will support the staff's decision and support Paulk as a Vol.

Reactions: 3 people
Think FSU cares about what people think? They were laughin all the way to the bank with a heisman winner and national championship last year. Same for us, if we win idc who's on the team. Give me Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, Jameis Winston, TO, Randy Moss, and Treyvon Paulk. Class is overrated.

Clearly.

Reactions: 1 person
You're operating under hypotheticals without cause. Of course each event in life carries nuance, I'm just saying there's no reason to debate the grey area of domestic abuse with the details we have specific to this situation. Wait for resolution.

There has already been resolution. The debated question is whether there is any condition to reverse that. Some here say no. I would be more inclined to say maybe, but would never condone domestic abuse in any form...I just don't think it is as simple as gender.

Media published a story with quotes from HER. I've not seen a quote from anyone else except her. Guess you never cared about telling your side of the story to mama and daddy when getting in a fight with a sibling?

Do you think Butch got the whole story before he DISMISSED him? Do you think Butch spoke to anyone with direct knowledge of the situation before dropping the kid from the program? What about the eye witnesses that were mentioned by NAME. Lucky for Butch they are close by huh? Being NAMED would have one thinking Butch spoke to them before making his decision.

I've heard it many times when these types of situations happen in college football. "The student athlete is suspended from all team related activities/functions until we can get to the bottom of what took place". This time, Butch didn't say that. Paulk was dismissed from the team the same time the "reports" came out. Why? Those "reports" were accurate.

If Butch thinks the RB depth is in a position that he needs to allow the kid back, that's on him. I've never said Butch can't allow him back. I've said I wouldn't. The sequence of events tell the story and this one didn't have a happy ending.

Is humanity losing the capacity for mercy? According to a lot of guys here, mercy is for somebody else to give. I don't know Treyvon and you don't either. If Butch decides the kid is redeemable, then I say give them a chance to help the kid. People can change, I am living proof of that. If Butch thinks that the kid is a sociopath that is not going to change, then I can roll with that too. Having integrity, includes having the capacity for mercy. At this point it would be far easier for Butch to wash his hands of Treyvon imo. If he allows him back it will be because he wants to help the kid. A player 2 years removed from competition coming off major injury and surgery is not worth the trouble to me.

Reactions: 8 people
Do you think Butch got the whole story before he DISMISSED him? Do you think Butch spoke to anyone with direct knowledge of the situation before dropping the kid from the program? What about the eye witnesses that were mentioned by NAME. Lucky for Butch they are close by huh? Being NAMED would have one thinking Butch spoke to them before making his decision.

I've heard it many times when these types of situations happen in college football. "The student athlete is suspended from all team related activities/functions until we can get to the bottom of what took place". This time, Butch didn't say that. Paulk was dismissed from the team the same time the "reports" came out. Why? Those "reports" were accurate.

If Butch thinks the RB depth is in a position that he needs to allow the kid back, that's on him. I've never said Butch can't allow him back. I've said I wouldn't. The sequence of events tell the story and this one didn't have a happy ending.

So if a Lady Vol says he punched the victim and the victim says I was not hit intentionally and I don't want to press charges. Do you make your decision based off what the "witness"'says or the victim?

So if a Lady Vol says he punched the victim and the victim says I was not hit intentionally and I don't want to press charges. Do you make your decision based off what the "witness"'says or the victim?

2 lady VOLS plus a teammate. I'll roll with that. The victim said in the initial police report she did not want to press charges because she didn't want him to lose his scholarship. Is it easy for me to see why she is now claiming nothing happened? Of course. A lot of battered women claim it didn't happen. They think they are helping. All they are doing is making it worse.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back